• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-GCN I Did the Unthinkable.

well I recently re-purchased a gamecube so I can play classic and newer Zelda games, I got animal crossing too, but I got the Collectors edition a week ago.

I beat OOT and MM today but with so much stress because I would constantly have to save after everything I do (a pain in MM) because the collectors edition is prone to freezing, I've had OOT freeze on me twice, once after the water temple (i was legit furious) and after the shadow temple (easy so I wasn't too mad)

but it must have froze 6-7 times in MM, very frustrating so I had to let it go, today was the last day I could return for full refund so I did so and ordered TP for the gamecube.

It might sound gay lol but I legit almost cried while giving it up, OOT is GOAT game and the main reason I even got a gamecube again but hey, I beat it, the nostalgia was amazing and who knows, I'll prolly re-purchase the collectors edition sometime in the future.

next up is TP and WW. :angel:

I don't have a Wii I was videogame-less until just last week where I re-bought a gamecube lol. I'll invest in a Wii when I get a job, and I'll get SS and oot and mm on the wii shop to complete my collection.

I have the collecters Edition and never had it once freeze.

I read almost everywhere that MM is specific to freezing, but OOT froze on me during the ending credits while I was enjoying the music so that was the last straw, plus I got my 30$ back and ordered TP so I'm not even mad. (actually I'm sad =[ )

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
Don't feel gloomy. All of us QWOP every now and then. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Majora's Mask. I used the Nintendo Club thing to get it for free on the Wii shop, so I just got it yesterday. I agree with you on the whole stress part. Having to save and restart the three days makes the experience really stressful for me, because I can feel the impending doom drawing nigh, and I'm not a huge fan of having to save every 20 minutes. I would just like to get through a dungeon without having to worry about how long I take.

Don't feel gloomy. All of us QWOP every now and then. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Majora's Mask. I used the Nintendo Club thing to get it for free on the Wii shop, so I just got it yesterday. I agree with you on the whole stress part. Having to save and restart the three days makes the experience really stressful for me, because I can feel the impending doom drawing nigh, and I'm not a huge fan of having to save every 20 minutes. I would just like to get through a dungeon without having to worry about how long I take.

exactly, and I relived the nostalgia and beat both anyways so I'm not gonna try and 2 heart challenge games that will freeze, I'll just get WW and TP, beat those and 3 heart challenge and by then I'll have a wii and SS.

but OOT = <3 =[

MoblinPiglet

Prince of Moblins
Fame Killz said:
I read almost everywhere that MM is specific to freezing, but OOT froze on me during the ending credits while I was enjoying the music so that was the last straw, plus I got my 30$ back and ordered TP so I'm not even mad. (actually I'm sad =[ )

I feel lucky that i got a perfectly working copy.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I've heard that turning the rumble feature off helps reduce the freezing problem. I've had the Collectors Edition for a couple of years now and Majora's Mask has only randomly frozen three times, Ocarina of Time only once. I don't use the rumble feature at all.

MW7

Yeah I only play Zelda 1 and 2 on the collector's edition because I've had freezing problems with OOT and MM. With MM the game is basically unplayable because of how saving works (of course depending on how much yours in particular freezes). Actually now that I'm a 3ds ambassador I never play the collector's edition, and I'm realizing how poorly put together it was since the cartridge versions of OOT and MM only freeze due to freak accidents (i.e. they never freeze). Have fun with WW and TP- you shouldn't have to worry about freezing at all.

YOU should get a Wii and get Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time there, it is like hell if you cant enjoy Majoras Mask. You probably got a wrecked collectors addition or something, someone said they HATE it when doom is nighing near. That should only be possible when it keeps freezing from a bad owner before the new owner. Other wise it is the second best Zelda game for me.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I've heard that turning the rumble feature off helps reduce the freezing problem.

Essentially, this. My friend has the collectors edition copy as well and he testifies to the same thing; the rumble feature is what usually causes the freezing in Majora's Mask, so always make certain it's off when you play.

Actually now that I'm a 3ds ambassador I never play the collector's edition, and I'm realizing how poorly put together it was since the cartridge versions of OOT and MM only freeze due to freak accidents (i.e. they never freeze).

Back on my first playthrough of OoT on the N64, I actually had one of those freak accidents where my game not only froze, but after resetting the console, found that my entire file had deleted itself. After being upset about it for several weeks before giving up on hoping that it would magically reappear one day (first playthrough is really special) and starting on a new file, I never trusted N64 cartridges again and learned that it's always a good idea to save back-up files constantly, similar to what you'd do for important files on your computer.

Anyone, just be glad it didn't glitch on you and wipe your entire file clean on a whim.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Yeah for some reason, the Zelda games for the Collector's Edition for the Gamecube freeze up alot. That's why I stopped by them on that disk. I still have my copy though for collection reasons, but I'll play the Zelda games on another console.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i have the collectors addition and it's never frozen on me but i don't play it that much, i usually play the Master Quest rather than the original game.

I never had them freeze but I never finished them on the GCN because the time it took to save drove me nuts and I normally exit the save menu by the B button. Also the c stick for the ocarina annoyed me and then my memory card got corrupted so now I stick with the the N64 versions. (Gold holographic MM :) ) I played I&II with no problem either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom