• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art I Did a Painting.

Here is a painting I did. It's based off of some official art from the original LoZ for the NES.

Original:
GanonNESArt.gif

Mine:
GanonsDemise.jpg

What do you think?

If you liked this, and want to see more of my stuff (Zelda and Non-Zelda), like my Facebook Fan Page!

https://www.facebook.com/nickmakesart

Attachments

• GanonNESArt.jpg
    GanonNESArt.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 0

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Wow, this is neat! I don't have a Facebook but if I did I'd surely like your page. ;) I want to see more of your stuff man, this was really good! ^^

bunny

birb overlord
It looks really good! This is a pretty accurate transfer!

This isn't exactly a correction or anything... more like something you can try out for fun sometime!

In my art class, when I am re-drawing a scene, my teacher has me draw it upside down. Obviously you have to have the reference facing upside down, too, but it's amazing how well it works! If you use references for your paintings a lot, this could be something interesting for you to play around with. I just thought I'd mention it.

Anyways, great job! It looks awesome. =D

It looks really good! This is a pretty accurate transfer!

This isn't exactly a correction or anything... more like something you can try out for fun sometime!

In my art class, when I am re-drawing a scene, my teacher has me draw it upside down. Obviously you have to have the reference facing upside down, too, but it's amazing how well it works! If you use references for your paintings a lot, this could be something interesting for you to play around with. I just thought I'd mention it.

Anyways, great job! It looks awesome. =D

That does sound pretty interesting, actually. While I wasn't looking for accuracy, (this was more of an updated version, I guess), I might try that when I attempt to paint other things.

If you guys have requests, well, I can't say I'll do them, but I do need some inspiration. I hope to get them up for sale in a few months.

Nickelll, you need to drop my the forums more often! I miss you! Dx But, thank you for posting this. Honestly, you say it isn't exactly like the reference picture, but that is perfectly fine! Makes it more your own! Improvisions are always a nice way to keep things interesting--especially in paintings. It's this beautiful thing referred to as "artistic licence". Wonderful work, Ni. =)
Gallium said:

You know why they have you do this, right? It's something always worth trying once or whatever but if you don't have a problem with what I'm about to say, it really isn't necessary.
There's this theory about people being left-brained and right-brained. Right-brained people are more oriented around mathematics while left-brained people are moreso on the arts. Left-brained people see shapes as nonspecific organic shapes when sketching while right-brained people will try to identify the shape and then draw by their label rather than what they see.

For example, the triforce is just "a triangle" to right-brained people and they will just draw what they feel best represents "a triangle". Left-brained people see the Triforce as "that shape" and draw it as "that shape". Trees don't really have a specific shape, but right-brained people apparently dub in your typical cartoon tree as it is simplistic and somewhat collectively one shape. Left-brained people break it down into smaller shapes.

Potassium, I should end my worded version of a venn diagram and get to the point. xD Anyways, inverting the reference picture supposedly elimintes a fair amount of a right-brained person's ability to identify the shapes they see so that they will rely more on drawing what they see like a left-brained person.

If you are left-brained, this strategy is not really necessary unless you want to try it.

But anyways, I look forward to seeing more in the future! <3

It's weird without the old SB here, but I show up and read things every once in a while. It's still my main news source, haha.

I'll try to be around more often :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom