• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild I can't leave Divine Beast Ruta

Jym

I just recently got this game - I am hoping someone will see my question on here and help. I am having trouble fighting Waterblight Ganon with only 3 hearts. I do however have 3 ancient cores and want to follow the advice I saw in the WalkThrough comments in heading into Hatena Tech lab - I actually skipped that whole village before finding myself being encouraged to go to Zora.... Here is my problem: I need to fight WaterblightGanon but only have 4 hearts - I keep losing. I can't seem to leave, fly off or swim away from Ruta (the elephant). And the only map it shows me is the elephant map so I can't even teleport anywhere. I am stuck and only SAVES I have to load are from inside Ruta so I can even go backwards in my progress. Only solution I am seeing is to have to entirely start Zelda over which I don't plan to do . Anyone know what to do if you find yourself underpowered to beat one of the Divine Bosses but it wont let you go back into the rest of the game to get better defenses. Very frustrating - I am tried everything to get off of Ruta but I just die.

You should have a button (X, I think) that will teleport you out of the area from the map screen. It works the same way in any of the places with 3D maps. If you push X on the map screen and confirm you will be teleported out to a nearby area.

Jym

Yeah, you can't manually leave divine beasts. You need to use the map to warp out of them.
Yes - that is the problem - I don't have my usual map - its now a map of the interior of the dungeon

You should have a button (X, I think) that will teleport you out of the area from the map screen. It works the same way in any of the places with 3D maps. If you push X on the map screen and confirm you will be teleported out to a nearby area.
Yes - that is what I was hoping I could do but as I explained the only map that comes up when you are in the dungeon of Ruta is of the elephant - the normal map is gone

Jym

I could've sworn there was a terminal at the entrance to each beast that you could use to leave like a normal shrine? But yeah there's an option to "leave dungeon" through the map.
Yes -that is what I was hoping also but the terminal no longer operates ( or at least I can't get it to do anything) and when I go to my map it is now just a map of the elephant and not of the entire game like it has been since i started playing. I will keep trying - maybe i am doing something wrong.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Yes -that is what I was hoping also but the terminal no longer operates ( or at least I can't get it to do anything) and when I go to my map it is now just a map of the elephant and not of the entire game like it has been since i started playing. I will keep trying - maybe i am doing something wrong.
Its not a terminal. It's a circle on the ground. If you stand on it, a prompt should come up to exit.

Jym

Its not a terminal. It's a circle on the ground. If you stand on it, a prompt should come up to exit.
Wow- I feel really stupid - haha- I can't believe i didn't see that giant circle - you'd wonder how i got this far...lmao...I think I am just so frustrated with Waterblight Ganon I am not thinking straight - much appreciation! Thanks

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wow- I feel really stupid - haha- I can't believe i didn't see that giant circle - you'd wonder how i got this far...lmao...I think I am just so frustrated with Waterblight Ganon I am not thinking straight - much appreciation! Thanks
No worries. Good luck getting ready to face him again. BotW is a game that rewards preparation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom