• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess I Can't Get Past the Cave of Ordeals

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goder of time

help!im stuck whats the best combinations of items/starages(sorry 4 bad eng)?

Alright, make sure you:
1 - Have all of the bottles.
2 - Have all of them filled with red potion.
3 - Have as many heart containers as possible.
4 - Have the Magic Armor, along with the biggest wallet.
5 - Have all of the bomb and quiver upgrades (they really help for taking out enemies without taking damage yourself.)
6 - And finally, get all of the sword techniques. Maybe not all of them are helpful, but some will let you take enemies down a lot faster.

If you have all that, you should probably be fine. It really isn't too bad if you conserve your potions, use you Magic Armor only when you really need it, and take out tough enemies from a distance whenever you can.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The best way to get through the Cave of Ordeals is to use the Shield Bash and then the Helm Splitter. If that doesn't work, use the Back Slice. Your Hidden Skills are your best bet and you can't go wrong using them. Don't waste your arrows because you can't reliably get them back inside the dungeon. Overall you don't need to do much preparation, you can beat it with no problem if you have the Hylian Shield (so it won't burn), around 8 hearts (more won't hurt), and I think a fairy would help if you aren't too great at combat.

skybird11

state alchemist
there are a few rooms wolf link can dig for a heart. arrows are a precious resource. i also find this cave hard. ive beaten it once and attempted it, maybe 5 times. i dont find much interest in it.

Big Octo

=^)
Have the biggest quiver, all the bomb bags and their upgrades, all hidden skills, all heart containers (meh, optional), many potions, and a fairy or two won't hurt. Commitment and endurance are essential, so be ready for a heroic fight. I beat the cave twice (the enemies are stronger in the second runthrough).

i got to room 49 with 3 hearts. this is how i did it-
first, load up on potions, arrows, bombs, etc. before the cave. make sure you have at least 90 bombs, 100 arrows, 4 bottles with blue potion or a fairy, and in your case, i advise 15 hearts.
the trick is to beat most of your enemies while you're on the ledge. not all enemies can be beat like this, but you can get rid of keese (bats) with the clawshot or the boomerang for example. if you plunge in blindly, you'll be surrounded and may lose hearts.
also, you should form a plan before jumping off the ledge. don't rush in without one.
strong enemies such as that red mummy dude and the armored lizard (i'll learn their names later!) will be a pain to take out with your sword. for these two, i recommend bomb arrows!
don't run around as wolf link too much. wolf link takes a lot more damage, and his midna charged attack leaves him vulnerable.
if enemies start shooting arrows at you when you're on the ledge, block with the hylian shield, and draw your bow. hold z to move around while aiming, and shoot the enemies quickly.
if surrounded by minor, annoying enemies such as the rat dudes, try using the spinner or a well-placed bomb.
if there are several medium-level enemies at the center, use the jump strike to dispatch of most of them.

i have quite a few more tips, but this should help you out. if you need more advice, just ask.

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
I completed it with:
ALL Upgrades:Heart containers, giant quiver, giant bomb bag and a giant wallet.All of them filled with arrows, rupees, bombs, water bombs and bomblings.
The Magic Armor
4 bottles:Filled with a fairy, blue Chu jelly, blue potion and golden Chu jelly.
ALL the Hidden Skills
Then it was easy.Also, remember that you can hour darknuts by hitting theirs foot with bomb arrows.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
If you're playing the Wii version, there's a glitch that opens the doors to almost every room without fighting the enemies. XD All you have to do is use the Gale Boomerang to blow out the torches at the entrance to each room.

Otherwise - yeah, Hidden Skills are useful, and fairies, and potions. And LOTS of arrows - they can help destroy some enemies before you reach the ground. I like using bomb arrows in that room with all the ReDeads, because otherwise it can be frustrating, with them freezing you every few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom