• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time I am sooo glad I have this: Which is most useful?

Which do you need the most?

• Kokiri Sword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deku Shield

• Slingshot

• Bombs

• Boomerang

• Master Sword

• Bow and Arrow

• Megaton Hammer

• Hookshot

• Longshot

• Lens of Truth

• Hover Boots

• Mirror Shield

• Iron Boots

• Epona(non-item. living thing. :))

• Biggron's Sword

• Bottles

• Ocarina of Time

• Total voters

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I was thinking about many quests the other day, and suddenly I thought, Hey, which item did I need the most? It's confusing because I really appreciated the Biggron's sword but I needed Epona for it and Epona was hard tog et and very useful. So what do you think?:thinking:

Last edited:

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
"Most Useful Item"...
Epona is not an item. She's a horse.

I'm not sure which game you're talking about here, but if you mean Ocarina of Time, then bottles. Bottles are infinitely useful- holding fish so you can sell the for large lumps of cash, holding fairies to avoid certain death, holding multi-purpose potions, holding quest items... the list goes on. Bottles are extremely important in Ocarina of Time, and most Zelda games in general as well.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I voted for Epona. I think it's unfair to include Occarina of Time in this considering we can't play the game past Kokiri Forest without it, so I ignored it when making my choice.

I chose the Ocarina of Time simply because it is an absolute necessity in almost everything important in the game. It also is a multi-use item for a variety of situations, and you can't advance or complete the game without it.

Many of the items listed in the poll can be replaced with something else that can just as effectively get the job done. I stand with my choice, the Ocarina of Time, as it is the most used and useful component in the game.

For the "fun factor", I would choose the Longshot.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Let's look at the list, shall we (for fairness, I've treated young only items and adult only items at age value instead of whole-game value):

Kokiri Sword - Very useful, but very weak. Almost never necessary.
Deku Shield - Very useful, but burns up easily. Almost never necessary.
Slingshot - Very useful and quite often necessary.
Bombs - Very useful and quite often necessary. Chance to self-damage.
Boomerang - Very useful and quite often necessary.
Master Sword - Very useful but never necessary other than story-wise.
Bow and Arrow - Very useful and quite often necessary.
Megaton Hammer - Slow weapon. Not very necessary, but much more useful than given credit for (revealing holes in walls, glitches, easier battles, etc.).
Hookshot - Very useful and quite often necessary. (Downgraded Longshot)
Longshot - Very useful and quite often necessary. (Upgraded Hookshot)
Lens of Truth - Awesome and interesting item, very helpful at multiple points but never absolutely necessary.
Hover Boots - Awesome, but late game and only somewhat necessary.
Mirror Shield - Awesome, but late game and only somewhat necessary.
Iron Boots - Slow, but necessary for certain things and more useful than given credit for (less knockback, no accidental running, etc.),
Epona - Helpful, sometimes. Often slows me down more than speeds me up.
Biggron's Sword - Helpful, but not useful in a way that isn't new and never necessary.
Bottles - Super useful, but only necessary for the blue fire.
Ocarina of Time - Only necessary for story aspect. Scripting shows the Fairy Ocarina will work for all of the songs.

My favorite on that list is the Megaton Hammer, and thus it gets my vote.
Though, the question is "Which do you need the most?", and, all things considered, either the Bow and Arrow or the Hookshot/Longshot is the single item with the most necessities in the game, though almost all of the items are necessary at some point, either story or play related.
(If the HS/LS are considered one, then that wins it. If they are considered seperate, then the Bow and Arrow gets the single most necessities.)

C

Coolwordnnumber

The item I picked for most needed was bow and arrow. They let you hit targets far away or that are flying around. You can also use them while on epona, and also to hit switches.

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
Yeah bottles are great for a couple reasons:
1. you need them for sidequests.
2.awesome for potions.
3. FReakin' FAIRIES that restore your life when you die COMPLETELEY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

I chose the Ocarina of Time not because you can't beat the game without it, but because it makes traveling to dungeons a whole lot easier.

For example, the Spirit Temple. I wouldn't want to go through the desert again. That part was annoying to do.
So I believe being able to warp to dungeons makes the Ocarina of Time the most useful item.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I really don't know....I needed a lot of these, and found the Biggron's sword to be very useful. But I needed Epona too. Hmm...Bottles were helpful, but I wouldn't consider them top priority. Meh. >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom