• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Am Guessing It Will Be Like Oot to Mm Tp to This Game Right?

lilwilly

Swordless Link
well i am guessing so. the first artwork i saw Link was back to back with someone. It looks like it is a follow up=\?

It really does doesn't it? But they did say no official graphic style had been chosen and if they did use twilight princess graphics they would have told us right away. I think they would have told us already because a new graphic style is a big deal and if they ruined that big deal by saying it was a old design many people would be frantic. Sooo, I think its a new style, plus I think the gamecube graphics in TP are outdated and can be a lot better in a wii title. So im hoping for the best! :)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I can't remember if it was officially said or if it was just a rumour, but I heard that this game will not be connected to TP in any way. If that's the case, than that means that Zelda Wii will not be a sequel. I hope this is the case, as I really want to see where this game could go in the timeline (if you believe that it exists). :P

I can't remember if it was officially said or if it was just a rumour, but I heard that this game will not be connected to TP in any way. If that's the case, than that means that Zelda Wii will not be a sequel. I hope this is the case, as I really want to see where this game could go in the timeline (if you believe that it exists). :P
I'm pretty sure that you're right, actually. I believe it was an official Nintendo statement saying that it will not be a sequel to Twilight Princess.

As for how much it looks like a followup to TP (just appearance, not whether it's fact or not), I don't see much of a resemblance. Yeah, there's the same artstyle (although for the record, they've suggested that it may not be the style used in the game itself), but nothing else bears any resemblance. If resemblance to TP in the same way MM resembled OoT strictly, then yeah, they have the same graphics. But again, it may not follow that same style at all, and I predict it won't.

lilwilly

Swordless Link
well i haven't been on the computer in a long time and don't know what will happen graphics do change but hey i'm not thinking i guess sigh

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
no actually I think it is an even bigger step than than, kind of like the gap between OoT and TP. That's how far I think they have come with this new game. I've said it a few times now and I'll keeps saying it until the game is released, but Zelda Wii is going to be significantly better than TP in many ways the difference between OoT and MM was measured in MB, this time the difference will be measured in GB. A huge leap compared to a simple sequal. I'm covinced that the amount of content they will be able to deliver this time around is at least 3x that of TP. Just look up the disc size of the wii vs. the gcn I think it's something like 1.4 GB compared to 4.7/8.5 GB. That is a massive upgrade compared to the last console title. This is a new gen Zelda, even if it is an actual or spiritual successor to TP this game will not only build on what happened in TP it will go above and beyond what we saw in that game. I can't wait!

Maxxxers

Fanboy
I want a happy light filled Zelda. So this could be a follow up to TP since TP ended happy and lightfilled now that there is no twilight.

lilwilly

Swordless Link
Hey i just asked and wondered i don't want a gigantic explanasion on graphics i just saw a picture that first picture (not from the game) and a picture from TP ( not in game) u know i may as well close this thread if i can't get one simple answer

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I mean, in the trailer, we had Oot/MM/WW and tp shown with a version of Zelda's lullaby being played. Mabye this is a forshadowing of things to come? Possibly, the creation/use of the ocarina could also be part of the game in later stages. This would explain a lot. Also, I would think they would provide more information on the sheikah in this instalment. Anyone notice the deku tree type stage at the start of the trailer and a sort of death mountain jump followed by the title at the end? (similar geography to Oot?)

Vibed

must read before he posts
Besides Link himself this bears no resemblance to TP. The graphics and enemy proportions are different and the gameplay seems to be a ton different.

Graphically it's like comparing live action to cartoon, the style is a different beast. (OK maybe I'm stretching it.)

EDIT: Realized this was before E3. That kinda changes things.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
more like OoT -> Mm -> WW -> TP -> SS which is how it should stand on the timeline, after WW and TP we get this game, so is it a bridge between the two timelines? maybe. just think about it though, they showed those four games in order before we actually saw anything about SS so I'm gunna stick with the idea that it is latest on the timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom