• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Am Against YouTube's Dislike Button.

S

Strawberry

It's not like the creator really pays any attention to the amount of likes/dislikes on their videos, just look at Rebecca Black. She's got A LOT of dislikes, but she still makes videos and all. I don't see the big deal.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'd say the like/dislike system has its place. Taking out dislikes would mean there'd only be likes, so all you'd see is, guess what: someone liked the video. *shokku* Despite that, I can't see how a dislike presents much in the way of criticism, all you can get from it is that someone didn't like the video. *double shokku* That's all it says, and I doubt there is a need to say both of them are a given.

It has a place, it's just not very helpful as constructive criticism; I agree with the few who said the star rating system is better for that but then again, I remember seeing a lot of videos that were rated either 1 star or 5 stars, so it wasn't exactly flawless in practice. Still sounds like a better idea to me as far as gauging how everyone percieves it quality-wise, though. It just sounds much more useful for knowing how much viewers like a video, at least on paper.

Wow, and to think that's all I have after eyeing this thread for like a week.

Last edited:
I don't really like it much either. Though it is kinda funny to see what people come up with as an excuse for why __ number of people clicked dislike. Like a video about dogs and someone says," __ cats watched this video." I always find that mildly entertaining. =u=

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom