• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulian deities

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
My question here is are there more gods in Hyrule than just Nauru, Din and Fararoe. They are the 3 goddesses, but in WW, there's the tower of the gods, not goddesses. Theres a few other times where the "gods" are referred to, as opposed to to goddesses, so I'm just wondering what proof there is that there are more deities in Hyrule than just the Triforce goddesses.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Well, there's Hylia, but she is generally thought of as below the Golden Goddesses in "rank", as they are the creators. Then you have creatures like Malanya, The Great Deku Tree, Lord Jabu-Jabu/Jabun, Valoo, the Light Spirits from TP etc. Beings that are being revered and probably worshipped by some, but more like very powerful, magical guardians than actual gods.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
So, all the deities I can remember, in order of how I would rank them hierarchically:
  • Din, Nayru, Farore, the Triforce
  • Hylia (and the Goddess of Time if they are separate)
  • Demise? Majora? Bellum? Malladus? Idk where to put these, but they could certainly be considered deities
  • Wind Fish, Ocean King
  • Zephos and Cyclos, Goddess of the Sand
  • Fi
  • Four Giants
  • Jabu-Jabu, Jabun, Valoo, Great Deku Tree, 4 Light Spirits, Fairy Queen
  • Great fairies and Horse god
  • Lokomos, Ciela, Leaf, and Neri

After this deity status is debatable in my opinion
  • Sages (Including all Zeldas besides Hylia’s reincarnation in SS)
  • The Interlopers
  • Oracles (Din, Nayru, Farore)
  • Twinrova and The Lady
  • Some bosses (Thunderbird, Dark Link in OoT)

These are all the ones I remember, I’m sure there’s a definitive list out there. Tell me if I missed one!
-Edited to add the Four Giants

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom