• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulean Sages

The title of sage seems to be either descendant-based or circumstantial-based. Just like with Hyrulean Kings, I thought I should ask for input on the Hyrulean Sages that have been found within Zelda games. Some of these might be confusing....maybe I'll make another post explaining them in more detail?

Again, they are in order of split timeline.

UT:
SS -- Main: Zelda, Fire: Gorko, Water: Jellyf, Forest: Bucha, Shadow: Impa, Spirit: Groose, Light: Gaepora, Earth: Guld, Wind: Link

MC -- Main: Swiftblade I, Fire: Scarblade, Water: Waveblade, Forest: Waveblade, Shadow: Grimblade, Spirit: Splitblade, Light: Swiftblade, Earth: Grayblade, Wind: Link

OoT -- Main: Zelda, Fire: Darunia, Water: Ruto, Forest: Saria, Shadow: Impa, Spirit: Nabooru, Light: Rauru, Earth: Laruto, Wind: Fado

AT:
WW (Backstory) -- Main: Zelda, Fire: Darunia, Water: Ruto, Forest: Saria, Shadow: Impa, Spirit: Nabooru, Light: Rauru, Earth: Laruto, Wind: Fado

WW -- Earth: Medli, Wind: Makar

ST -- Main: Zelda, Fire: Embrose, Water: Carben, Forest: Gage, Shadow: Byrne, Spirit: Anjean, Light: Rael, Earth/Snow: Steem, Wind: Link

CT:
TP -- Main: N/A, Fire: Sage of Fire, Water: Sage of Water, Forest: Sage of Forest, Shadow: Sage of Shadow, Spirit: Sage of Spirit, Light: Sage of Light

FSA -- Main: Zelda, Fire: Yellow Maiden, Water: Blue Maiden, Forest: Green Maiden, Shadow: Purple Maiden, Spirit: Red Maiden, Light: White Maiden

DT:
ALttP (Backstory) -- Main: King, Fire: Lost Old Man Ancestor, Water: Zora King Ancestor, Forest: Loyal Sage Ancestor, Shadow: Sahasrahla Ancestor, Spirit: Blind Ancestor, Light: Aginah Ancestor

ALttP -- Main: Zelda, Fire: Blue Maiden, Water: Zora Maiden, Forest: Green Maiden, Shadow: Orange Maiden, Spirit: Red Maiden, Light: Yellow Maiden

ALBW -- Main: Zelda, Fire: Rosso, Water: Oren, Forest: Seres, Shadow: Impa, Spirit: Irene, Light: Osfala, Wind: Gulley

Zelda 1 -- Old Men with Swords: Sword: Parapa, White Sword: Tantari, Magical Sword: Rauru

Zelda 2 -- Main: Kasuto, Fire: Darunia, Water: Ruto, Forest: Saria, Shadow: Parapa, Spirit: Nabooru, Light: Rauru, Earth: Tantari, Wind: Mido

BotW -- Main: Monk of the Sword, Fire: Monk of Fire, Water: Monk of Water, Forest: Monk of Forest, Shadow: Monk of Shadow, Spirit: Monk of Spirit, Light: Monk of Light

Any suggestions or confusions, please let me know.

Are these just who you picked to be sages?
For the SS ones, I looked for the best candidate; assuming the "spirit" of each sage should be consistently present across all awakenings of the hero, the princess and the demon king. Maybe that premise is faulty, but that's the premise I'm using to justify the candidates I pick for the SS sages, mainly in relation to OoT:
Zelda has the spirit of the main sage, same as in OoT

one of the three Gorons (I chose Gorko) has the spirit of the fire sage, like Darunia. You could choose either Gortram or Golo instead.

the leader of the Parella (Jellyf), likely ancestors to the Zora, has the spirit of the water sage, like Ruto, princess of the Zora.

Bucha is flimsier: he is the leader of the Kikwi who likely became the Deku, but Saria, a Kokiri descended from Hylians, is the sage of forest. Mabye there is a Skyloftian who would be a better candidate for possessing the spirit of the forest sage. Peatrice has a crush on Link like Saria does: that's the only one I can think of that would potentially work....

Impa has the spirit of the shadow sage, just like Impa in OoT.

Groose is likely the ancestor to the Gerudo, and Nabooru. Maybe there's a better candidate, but that's why he has the spirit of the sage of spirit.

Gaepora...Kaepora Gaebora = Rauru, so he's the spirit of the sage of light.

The Earth and Wind Sage only really appear in one game, but for argument's sake I gave the leader of the Mogma, earth-dwelling creatures that seem to have no evolutionary link to OoT creatures, the spirit of the sage of earth. An argument could be made that, like Saria, Laruto the Earth Sage is a Zora and should therefore be a descendant of a Parella; there may be a better candidate.

As for the Wind Sage, Link seems to fill this role in Spirit Tracks, as well as his consistent affinity for the use of wind magic (Ocarina of Time, the Spirit Flute, the wind tribe, Farore's spell being wind, Farore being the goddess of both Forest and Wind and Link possessing her Triforce piece). That one is also flimsier, but both could be discarded as earth and wind are not as consistent as the other 7 sages are. Maybe Gully, to match Gulley from ALBW?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom