• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulean Holidays

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Every culture has it's holidays and festivals. Hylians have the annual Piccori festival honoring the Piccori who helped the hero of men fight off evil. The Zora's have the Champion's festival to honor the life of Princess Mipha who died fighting the Calamity. What holiday do you think are celebrated in Hyrule? Perhaps the Gorons have a big test of strength, or perhaps the Sheikah have something for the ancient sage who Impa is named for.

Looking around I did see an interesting idea for holidays celebrating the first day of each season named after the spells of Ocarina of Time.
Farore's Wind for spring
Din's Fire for summer
Autumn would be Hyrule's equivalent of the carnival of time and
Nayru's Love for Winter.

So what Holidays or events would you imagine that take place in Hyrule?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
the birthdays of notable royal family members is probably something that would get the hylians a day off, do you think theyd have their own independence day? like becoming independent from skyloft, I dont know

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
In WW they had the celebration of the Hero of Time when a boy reaches the age of a hero. We all know how happy Link was when he had to wear a particular outfit :wynaut::P Just kidding :P
Maybe they have something similar with the other Links? Maybe they also celebrate a festival of cuccoos. Nothing is impossible

Ninja

Well well well
Knights Day, where the military forces of Hyrule mingle with single people, but have a three hour time limit to propose marriage.

Day of the Sword and the Pig, where everyone dresses up as Link and feasts on various dishes of pork because LOL Ganon dead.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
There has to be one for agriculture, there just has to be.
Plus, there's prbably one for poultry in general - I mean that has to be a legendary creature to the people by now.

But I'd think there would be some sort of agriculture parade from Lon Lon Ranch where people gather outside the castle and mingle there to enjoy the nature and harvest. And share stories of alien encounters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom