• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulean Election

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
It`s election season here in the states. I was pondering this and wondered, if hyrule had elections, who would the people vote for? so I decided on the 2 most obvious candidates. So my question is, who would you vote for, Ganondorf or Zelda? (I was going to pick Link for the second candidate, but he is no good at giving speeches.) My vote goes to Zelda

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Well, Hyrule certainly prospered under Zelda's leadership prior to Twilight Princess. The kingdom encapsulated more land than ever, the people seemed to be fairly affluent, the middle-class and small business was thriving through the land. Under her stewardship the people were provided with a comprehensive sewer system and a reliable postal service which improved living standards and public health. Unemployment was also very low, close to 0%, and no one seemed to be living in dire poverty.

However, it was during her reign that the Twilight invaded and took hold of Hyrule with little to no resistence. Her self sacrifice was commendable but do we really want a leader who would rather surrender to avoid war or one who would fight for her people?

Ganondorf would be that strong leader in times of crisis. He isn't afraid to show a little (or a lot) of force and he would certainly keep Hyrule's enemies in check. Under his leadership, Hyrule would be able to project a formidable image to other lands and the people would no doubt be safer in general.

Domestically, however, I'm not convinced. Under Ganondorf's leadership, the Gerudo have virtually vanished from existence altogether. He single-handedly brought his state to utter collapse and I fear it had a lot to do with his economic policy. He favoured a system of 'looking out for number one' which left too many of his people destitute and heavily favoured a ruling upper-class elite, consisting of around 1% of the overall population of the Gerudo State.

In the end, my vote goes to Princess Zelda. There is a lot she could do to improve her foreign policy but she is a wise leader when it comes to domestic issues and I just trust her more. There's something about that Ganondorf I'm just not comfortable with...

Last edited:

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
The incumbent and the main opponent do have their good points, but my vote's for the indepenpent leader Malo. His is truly a rags-to-riches story. Coming from an unknown region referred to as "Ordon", he has quickly risen through the ranks of the Hyrulean market and quickly overtaken overtaken the previously unchallenged Chudley. With the extremely efficient manner of operation I have no doubts that Malo will lead Hyrule to an unforseen golden age, especially considering he's only... 4... 5... somewhere around there. If he's this competent at this early in life, just imagine how much moreso he will become as the years go by, assuming he doesn't go too hard on the Chateau Romani.

Let's not forget about the other parties either. Leading the liberal party is none other than Tingle. His catchphrase of "Kooloo-Limpah!" pretty much says it all. I don't really know what his official policies are, apart from increased focus of geopolitical affairs & zoning policies, the discovery and research of the inter-dimensional beings commonly referred to as "fairies", and increased taxes for the wealthy (or traveling wanders - but they're all filthy rich anyways, right?) but it'll be interesting to see how his campaign develops.

Also in the running for the neo-libertarian party is Majora. Now this one I really have no idea about, when questioned on how he was planning on running the country he simply shrieked at us, possessed the cameraman, and attempted to summon the moon crashing down onto Hyrule. I'm keeping a very careful eye on this wild card.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
If elections were held in Hyrule, I'd vote for Zelda without a doubt. Although, Ganondorf's campaign would promise equality for the people of Hyrule: they'd be equal because they'd all be dead!

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I would go with Zelda, since, obviously, Gannon is only interested in power, and probably won't do much for the people of Hyrule.... but doesn't Hyrule already have/had a king?
What happened to the king?
Or was that what the ending of Wind Waker was about?
By the way, what happened exactly? Did he die?

Oh god.. He drowned... He must be BEN! :blank:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
GANONDORF FOR PRESIDENT!
EVIL, BUT HONEST ABOUT IT!
Don't you want an *honest* candidate for a change?

PresGanny.jpg

An okekaki I did to illustrate one of my fanfictions - one in which Ganondorf does, indeed, spend some time as President of the Hyrule Territories.

Honestly, I'd rather have Zelda as my ruler... but doesn't Ganny look snazzy in a suit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom