• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulean Civil War RP [Game Thread]

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
"And the way this world is, their version of benefiting their people would be to decimate every other people. And we can't let that happen," he walks to the bars, standing just across from Tahr, "So what do you say?"

Pen

The game is on!
Linora stood up by the bars as well and looked at Tahr. "Innocent soldiers, and even civilians from all sides will just continue dying in vain as long as the war is being waged the way it is," she says with a rather sad expression. "This has been going on for a solid decade now, and there's still no end in sight. Unless someone takes a peaceful stand this chaos will never cease..."

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
"Look, I'd love to help you, but I'm still not really sure how doing whatever it is you're doing is going to end the war."

It was true that Tahr didn't have a lot of confidence in what appeared to be mostly wishful thinking, but he was also hoping that he could find a way to take advantage of their plans to benefit himself, and that would require fleshing them out a bit more.

"If you want my help, I'm going to need specifics on how you plan to actually change things. I don't think ending this war is going to be as simple as letting people know about these artifacts."

Pen

The game is on!
"By sharing this few-found information with the world everyone will know of the existence of the Triforce. Not just the leaders of each tribe. So when the people learn the truth behind the war they'll protest against their leaders because they will know at that point that they have only been taken advantage of. And knowing that the war is for the Triforce the people will also know that their leaders lied about the other factions being evil. It will be a unified sense of community throughout the kingdom. Everyone will know that we're all ultimately the same, no matter what we look like or where we're from. If the faction leaders don't adapt to this and start making peace with the other factions, the people will protest against them and maybe even turn on them. And the leaders ought to know this. A clever leader would realise that peace is in their best interest if all of Hyrule was to learn of the Triforce. Why else do you think they've been keeping it a secret until now?"

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Rasul leans on the wall of his cell and starts to nod off. nothing interesting is happening that he knows about. he cant even hear whats going on. this must be one of those Isolation cells

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
"If you start spreading information about the Triforce, the leaders will likely be able to spin it so that it sounds like a necessary tool to win the war against their 'evil' enemies. They don't want people to know about it because the more people who know about it, the more people there are that will want to get their hands on it. Spreading the truth might not bring peace, it might simply bring chaos."

Tahr pauses.

"The promise of unlimited power will surely corrupt people. Once loyal generals will turn on their leaders if given the opportunity to get their hands on one of this relic and ensure a future for themselves. Knowing that this war is being fought over something concrete and not just abstract feelings of superiority makes it more likely to continue, not less. Even if you do make the people lose faith in their leaders, that too will only invite further strife."

Tahr strokes his chin, considering the options.

"Perhaps if you were to get your hands on this Triforce as a bargaining chip, you might be able to negotiate with some of the leaders and broker peace that way, but simply telling people the truth isn't likely to have the kind of effect you expect it to."

((OOC: Edited the post to reflect the below.))

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
((Just wanna make extra sure we're all on the same page. At this point in history the Triforce is basically just one entity. The three triangles are all together as one, and none of our characters can know of the three parts of the Triforce. To them it's just one single thing. It's not until Ganondorf tries to take the Triforce after the war that is splits into three parts. At this point in time it's been considered one single object for several centuries. At least that's how I've chosen to handle it in this RP. :)))

Linora sits back down on the dirty prison cell floor in defeat. The guard's words held a lot of merit. "You're right..." she says shortly. "The knowledge that there exists a relic of such power may only fuel even more greed across the land. It's an endless cycle of evil... With that in mind, this war will probably never end." Linora looks like she's given up all hope. "My plan was a joke. And we can forget about claiming the Triforce ourselves. Greater people than us have tried."

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Tahr is visibly surprised by how quickly the prisoner seemed to give up. Sure their plan was naive, but that didn't mean the goal itself was unachievable.

"Just because it isn't that simple doesn't mean there's nothing that can be done."

Tahr reached into his bag and produced a map of Hyrule, examining it thoroughly.

"Even without getting the Triforce or spreading information about it around, I think it's entirely possible to end this war peacefully using the knowledge of why its being fought. All sides of this conflict are not evenly matched, surely some factions stand little to no chance of winning the war and gaining possession of the Triforce for themselves."

Tahr rubbed his chin in contemplation.

"Knowing this, playing kingmaker wouldn't be a bad way to resolve the war. If you approach one of the weakest factions and offer them favorable terms of alliance with a stronger faction and a promise of general self-sufficiency after the war in exchange for forgoing their claim to the Triforce and joining forces, it could turn their alliance into the favorite to win the conflict—two factions are certainly a lot stronger than one. From there, getting similar terms of alliance from the remaining factions would likely be possible."

Tahr pauses for a moment.

"You'd also need to have faith that the leadership of the winning faction wouldn't be likely to misuse the artifact and the ability to convince them to grant you the authority to negotiate on their behalf. It wouldn't be easy, but I hardly think something along these lines would be impossible."

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Rasul stood up suddenly
" Din Damn this ****ing cell! why is it hot and cold at the same time. get me the **** out of this Din Damn cell you Red headed bastard. I served my Nickel. this cell is worse than the one I was in in Auranya. and that one had no light and no guards. The Cell was enchanted though, but it wasn't like...OW! you think this is a ****ing game, Peaches? are you setting off this Fire and Ice Bull****? Get me Out!"
as Rasul grabs the Bars the jolt sends him into the Wall which burns his back, and the floor is colder than cold

Pen

The game is on!
Linora, being quite surprised by how genuine the guard seemed and by her willingness to help, looked up at Tahr from her position on the floor.

"You mean to say we help the factions build an alliance with one another until all five are peacefully working together...?" she asks rethorically for confirmation. "That... might work. It feels a bit abusive though. Basically threatening each faction into joining the bigger league. It's nothing like the plan I've been working on all these years. But that plan of mine was bad anyway. The research we've uncovered may come in handy I suppose, even though this does seem like a far less peaceful plan. But it actually might work. And if it does, it will lead us to peace." Linora goes quiet and thinks for a while. The plan was risky, and she had no idea how they'd be able to get started with it, since that would require cooperation with one of the major factions. But even if they wanted to try for this strategy, they couldn't. They were all locked up as war prisoners of the Gerudo. Getting out of this with only their current recourses would be next to impossible. Linora then looks at Tahr again.

"You seem like a smart woman," she tells him. "Even though it's not at all what I originally had in mind, I think your plan for peace is sound. I would like to go through with it if I could."

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Tahr turns to the unconscious Rasul, his tone no longer quite as serious as it had been before.

"A nickel is five years, not five minutes."

He turns back to Linora, shaking his head slightly at the half-dwarf's antics.

"Things aren't always what they seem. I hope you understand that I'm not in a position where I can just throw everything away in the hopes that you're being honest with me. I've built a life here, after all."

He paused, letting them think for a moment that everything was hopeless. Playing with people's expectations was important when it came to manipulating them.

"If I'm going to get you out of here, I'm going to need plausible deniability in case we get caught, plus some sort of compensation for risking my life doing this."

He turned to Will.

"If I got you out of here somehow, could you still do that thing that makes everybody look like a Gerudo?"

Pen

The game is on!
Linora, who was already feeling quite hopeless, let out a deep sigh of disappointment and despair after Tahr's first part of his response to them. At that moment she felt like everything was truly lost. But when Tahr spoke up again and Linora listened to his words a small tear fell from one of her eyes and ran down her cheek slowly. Even though Tahr's conditions were possibly going to be tough to meet, Linora felt a huge relief as she wiped the tear off her cheek.

"Yes," she starts and stands up. "Yes we'll do it. We'll figure out a safe way and we promise to compensate you for your problems. And yes, Will can still use that disguise magic, but we're gonna need our weapons and other stuff back first. Do you know where they took it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom