• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrulean Animal Theory Guide

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Now for the second of my Hyrulean animal field guide entries: The Helmasaur. Actually I have "discovered" two kinds of Helmasaur; the Grassland Helmasaur(TP), and the Mountain Helmasaur(TMC).
If you play aLttP you will meet anoter Helmasaur in the Palace of Darkness as well as many much smaller ones scattered through Dark World dungeons.

Last edited by a moderator:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
as Clucluclu already said ,there is also a Hemasaur in ALttP, anyway, these are very creative and imaginative threads, but as Zeman said, how bout creating a one thread for all the animals, and keep adding to it. Don't wanna get in trouble now, do we?
finally, these are very imaginative, keep 'em up! it's good to be creative!

I merged all the Hyrulian Animal threads into one. This should make it a bit easier. Next time, only make one thread per subject, instead of multiple ones for each aspect within the overall subject. (Ex: Making threads for Hyrulian Animals, rather than EACH Hyrulian Animal).

This is a really interesting concept, and I like that what you've written kind of fleshes out the Zeldaverse. Keep it up!

And I have a suggestion. It might be a cool idea to write your bestiary like it was actually written by a Hyrulean, like, for example, the Harry Potter equivalent of what you're writing, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". This book has been published and is "written" by a wizard. It's not really necessary, but it could make it more interesting IMO.

Also, you seem to be coming up with three names here - the game's name, the scientific name and the common name. Isn't the game's name the common name? Why did you use a different name?

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Also, you seem to be coming up with three names here - the game's name, the scientific name and the common name. Isn't the game's name the common name? Why did you use a different name?

Well, I just don't think the games names for these creatures make a lot of sense. I mean think about it, "Octorok"? "Dodongo"? Tektite"? A tektite is supposed to be a kind of rock, why would an arachnid be named after a rock? Wouldn't it make more sense to name them as if they were animals, and not just monsters?

OOH! OOH! Can u call the mace thrower from AoL the Dancing Bear?? That's what i nicknamed it when i was a kid. they seriously look like angry, dancing bears!

U could prolly write a book about cuccos just cuz they are useful and they are in many of the zelda games. I am a big cucco fan too. make sure that u mention Kojiro, the blue cucco from OoT!:cucco:

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Wow.:clap: Great discription. How do you know these thing and are you an author or trying to be one.:clap:Awesome work! Enjoyed reading it.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Wow.:clap: Great discription. How do you know these thing and are you an author or trying to be one.:clap:Awesome work! Enjoyed reading it.

Thanks. I'm not an author, but I am trying to make this field guide on Hyrulean life forms to one day get permission from nintendo to publish.

Anyway, heres the next entry. Mothula, which I have given the real-world name, the Snare Moth, on account of its huge mandibles.

The Snare Moth's mandibles are not for attacking prey, but are used for defending itself. Its true mouth is actually a proboscis that it keeps curled beneath its head, which it uses to sip flower nectar. They use their antennae and hairs to detect scent from as far as five miles away. They also use the hairs to keep warm in the night air.

They tend to lay their eggs in dark areas for protection. The eggs hatch as spiked caterpillars, which feed on vegetation until they grow into the pupa stage. They will often cling to other animals to travel farther distances. After they go through metamorphasis, it takes about three hours for their wings to fully develop.

In "real-life", Snare Moths are only about 15 ounces in weight, and actually have two eyes instead of one. The Snare Moths (mothulas) seen in TWW are mutated by Ganondorf's evil magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom