• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors: Roster Wishlists

Megamannt125

Blue Link
What are some of the playable characters you think will get in, or hope will?
Here's my personal wishful roster.
F2eVZWu.png

Fig

The Altruist
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't think Hyrule Warriors is going to be like Super Smash Bros. roster wise. I think Hyrule Warriors is going to be small when it comes the characters and enemies within the game. Another thing to judge about Hyrule Warriors is that the game looks like it takes place after Skyward Sword but before Ocarina of Time. With that said, any character that doesn't appear in the section of the timeline has a very low chance of even having a cameo appearance. If anything, we are lucky if we can even get five characters to play as. I think Link and Impa and maybe just one more character is good enough for the roster. Considering that this is Impa's first time as a playable character, I think that's enough to make the fandom squeal in joy.

How big do DW rosters get? I'll go ahead with a small one:

Link
Impa
Hero's Shade
Groose
Linebeck
Nabooru

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Hmm, very interesting. I just checked the Dynasty Warriors wiki to check how bigger their rosters are and it seems that each game in the series actually has a large roster throughout the series with the latest installment having over 70 characters. So the possibility is clearly there as Hyrule Warriors does resemble more to Dynasty Warriors than a spin-off Zelda. That said, I don't think the roster will be that large as there could only be so many characters to utilize in the Hyrule Warriors without making clones of certain characters, thus I don't think we would see multiple links in one game seeing that would look very weird to have multiple incarnations of Link and most of them practically having the same role and weapons for the major part. We'll just have to find out more when E3 arrives.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
The only one I really hope to be added into the current roster is Princess Zelda. And honestly, since the plot seems to revolve around the characters of Link, Zelda, Cia, and Impa (a little) I really don't see anyone else being added, except for perhaps Ganny (Though, I kinda hope not because I prefer Cia and her unnamed evil as the villians). To be frank, I'm not sure I really want to see other characters previously seen in the series. I don't know, it just feels... off. Like those characters don't belong in any other world than the game they appeared in. I mean; Link, Zel, and Impa are already recurring characters who appear in almost every game so they don't seem out of place to me, but many other beloved characters might stick out like sore thumbs--they certainly would to me. I know it's kind of a dumb concern for a spin-off, but HW seems to be borrowing from Zelda's mythos and appears not to have thrown continuity out the window.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Still not as expansive as typical Zelda-fan SSB suggestions.

I have to say I'm satisfied with Impa, and I can't imagine getting too many playable characters. As much as I would love to play as Ganondorf, I doubt him, along with other previous villians.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Huge rosters are a staple of Musou games. Aonuma himself said he was surprised by the size of the roster in this game. And as for continuity issues, we're not even certain this takes place ANYWHERE on the timeline, and even if it did, the description of the backstory (Link defeating some evil and sending its pieces throughout spacetime) suggests that the game will involve time and space travel in some way. Not like the game even needs certain characters to be important or involved in the story in the first place to be playable. Also, on the subject of "Link clones" this also doesn't matter. Previous Musou crossovers have had multiple versions of the same character. The game is going to be full of fan service. A lot of it. Probably a few ridiculous characters too that are there just for fun.

Last edited:
Every character that you have seen so far: Link, Impa, Cia, Valga & Wizro will most likely be playable. As for other characters to play as I predict Zelda, Ganondorf, Din, Nayru, Farore, Twinrova, Vaati & Agahnim. Since this game isn't Canon or at least hasn't been confirmed to be, any character is possible to be included in the roster.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm almost certain this will take place before OOT and after SS. Therefore some characters will be imposible to be included.
The roster could be:
Link
Impa
Zelda
Ganondorf
Twinrova
Valga
Wizro
Cia
Ghirahim
Vaati
If they have a mode which is not part of the official story i suppose they could bring anyone in, but the above are the most likley I think.

I'm almost certain this will take place before OOT and after SS. Therefore some characters will be imposible to be included.

That's only if Nintendo says Hyrule Warriors is Canon, which at this point isn't since Nintendo hasn't said anything on the matter (And I doubt they will to be honest)... so regardless of when you think it is, that all falls apart if Nintendo turns around and says "Hyrule Warriors has nothing to do with the main series".

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Ok, so I'm making my wishlist based off the presumption that canonically-speaking the game fits between SS and OoT (and from the design aspect it seems to take place almost immediately after SS so I'm going to assume the Hero of the Goddess and this version of Link are in fact one and the the same).

They seem to be focusing their attention on Cia, the red-clothed horned dude, and the purple ghost as the main villains for the game, as well as Demi- I mean the corrupting evil force behind Cia. Adding in other unrelated villains into the mix would just needlessly complicate things. I mean hey, if this game turns out to be totally non-canon and they just add in all the villains as DLC for a huge beat-em-up that's one thing and I'd be fine with it, but this seems to be a game that actually fits into the canon somewhere so that would be a bad move. However, there are a few minor villains that I could see having a role due to their more ambiguous age / place in the timeline. Twinrova is seen in several games across several points along the timeline, so it wouldn't be out of place to see a younger version of the two witches acting as generals for the main villains. Bellum is from an alternate dimension and sucks the life force from enemies, so it's plausible that he could be around even as early as SS. (In fact, now that I'm looking at him that purple ghost guy kinda looks like he could be Bellum under a hood.... OH NOES I SPOILED IT FOR MYSELF!) Dark Link is always a good option for a minor villain, seeming as how he's a magical incantation rather than a true character in his own right. Gohma, Dodongo, Volvagia, Moldorm/Twinmold/Molgera, Gohdan, Darknut, and Phantom Ganon are fun reoccurring bosses, so they'd be cool to fight.

As for non-villain characters that I would like to see:

Zelda. This is a love triangle between her, Link, and Cia, you bet I want to see her fight or at least be involved in the action somehow. Not as in a slash-em-up physical fighter but as a semi-divine being with great magical powers (perhaps she's begun to tap into her long-gone powers as Hylia reincarnate). And she had better look like she does in Skyward Sword or at least very similar to her, she's the best-designed Zelda to date.

Groose. Again, it seems like this takes place almost immediately after SS, so you bet I want to see Groose take up arms. We've got Link and Sheik as the sword-fighters and Zelda as the hypothetical magical fighter, I want him to be the more technological-minded of the group. I'm not fully aware of how Dynasty Warriors games play out, but if there are sections where you need to defend your base against invading forces I want Groose to be in charge of defense. He's already shown his affinity for contraptions, so he'd be the one building the catapults and traps and whatnot. Plus he's also got good physical strength, so if they breached the walls he could still act as a physical brawler or, heck, even build a pseudo-mecha to help him fight. Heck yeah that sounds awesome!

Gorons, Zoras, and Deku. Not the Transformation Mask incarnations for Link, I mean the actual races themselves (along with some other races like those awesome robots). I imagine they would play out more as supportive characters rather than playable ones, i.e. they'd be fighting alongside Link and Impa in their battles. I want to see the Gorons demonstrate their brute force and the Zoras to show off their graceful strength in battle against the enemy.

Skull Kid. He's already demonstrated to be ageless or at least extremely long-lived, so I'd like to see him in a forest setting acting as a trickster character that confounds and befuddles the enemies in the woods before Link or Impa come in for the kill.

Possibly the Gerudo? They have to establish their foothold in Hyrule at some point, perhaps this is the game where they first settle into the region (if they aren't in fact the direct descendents of Groose, that is).

Maybe the Oracles? Again, they seem to be either age-less or reincarnations like Link and Zelda are, it wouldn't be entirely out of place to see them there (seeming as how they make guest appearances in Minish Cap).

Fig

The Altruist
Huge rosters are a staple of Musou games. Aonuma himself said he was surprised by the size of the roster in this game. And as for continuity issues, we're not even certain this takes place ANYWHERE on the timeline, and even if it did, the description of the backstory (Link defeating some evil and sending its pieces throughout spacetime) suggests that the game will involve time and space travel in some way. Not like the game even needs certain characters to be important or involved in the story in the first place to be playable. Also, on the subject of "Link clones" this also doesn't matter. Previous Musou crossovers have had multiple versions of the same character. The game is going to be full of fan service. A lot of it. Probably a few ridiculous characters too that are there just for fun.

Perhaps, but I still don't think that Aonuma will have over 30 playable characters to play as, even for a spin-off game. Hyrule Warriors is actually a part of Aonuma's plan to break away from the Zelda formula so who knows. While Hyrule Warriors does resemble a lot like Dynasty Warriors, I really doubt that all the mechanics and features that make Dynasty Warriors will be present despite the similarities.

Every character that you have seen so far: Link, Impa, Cia, Valga & Wizro will most likely be playable. As for other characters to play as I predict Zelda, Ganondorf, Din, Nayru, Farore, Twinrova, Vaati & Agahnim. Since this game isn't Canon or at least hasn't been confirmed to be, any character is possible to be included in the roster.

I agree. If we are going to get more characters to play as, it would be Cia, Valga, and Wizro considered how much focus they have been given so far in the screenshots that were provided earlier this past week. I really don't think that the roster will really be that huge compared to Dynasty Warriors as there could only be so many characters at one screen that the Wii U can take. I'm not trying to say that the Wii U is lacking in power, I just don't want the game to lag whenever I'm playing the game simply because so many objects in the screen are all moving at the same time.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I really don't think that the roster will really be that huge compared to Dynasty Warriors as there could only be so many characters at one screen that the Wii U can take. I'm not trying to say that the Wii U is lacking in power, I just don't want the game to lag whenever I'm playing the game simply because so many objects in the screen are all moving at the same time.
That's kind a moot point. It's not like all the playable characters will be on one screen at once. Regarding a lot of objects on screen at once, that's also a staple of the Warriors series and we've seen that in gameplay with hordes of moblins and hylian soldiers...

Also, I have no idea why everyone is so sure that this game takes place after Skyward Sword, there's contradictory evidence in Skyloft in the magazine scans, and even if you consider that that cold be a part of backstory or legend in the game, they've said nothing to suggest a placement at all. There's nothing wrong with speculation but you shouldn't use baseless speculation as evidence in regards to whether or not "this character will appear or not", meanwhile there's evidence to support a huge roster.
1. Previous Warriors titles rosters
2. Aonuma being surprised at the scale of the roster, and some of its inclusions
3. Nintendo saying to "find your favorites", which would be pointless if the roster was tiny and didn't include fan favorites such as Midna, Ghirahim, or Skull Kid I can't find the quote/translation for this again, so for now I'm considering it a moot point.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
That's only if Nintendo says Hyrule Warriors is Canon, which at this point isn't since Nintendo hasn't said anything on the matter (And I doubt they will to be honest)... so regardless of when you think it is, that all falls apart if Nintendo turns around and says "Hyrule Warriors has nothing to do with the main series".

Well i'm assuming it is Canon, until Nintendo say otherwise. Regardless, new information has come to light regarding space time travel, which allows any character to show up from the past or future. Therefore the roster will probably be pretty big now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom