• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Announced

MyFaceYourFace

Laughing at myself...
Saw this and was well pleased. The dynasty games were never really that..deep in there combat. Not for me at least, but they were sure fun! I think this is a really cool idea, crossover are always a cool thing in my book : D

Hyrule Warriors is plural and there are definitely going to be more characters... I wonder who. Some say they saw Zelda in the trailer at one point which is interesting. I look forward to more news on this title.

Manliest Link ever, bar none. I'm a huge fighting game enthusiast, so I have a thing for pulling off huge, flashy, complex combos—something I've always wanted to see in the Zelda series. And while Dynasty Warriors isn't exactly a fighting game, it gives me just what I want in terms of the aforementioned qualities I look for in fighting games. With that being said, I'm looking forward to playing this crossover title and dishing out some flashy, complex-looking combos with Link's various weapons. On that note, this is a case where I don't think an over-the-top, detailed story is really necessary, but I wouldn't mind seeing the story take place during the Imprisoning War, etc. I'd also like to play as Sheik, Impa, and maybe even Ganondorf.

It looks like a fun game.

However, I think they should have changed the setting and titled it "The Imprisoning War".

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
What do you guys think would be good ideas for playable characters? I mean, Zelda, Ganondorf and Link are obvious, but which characters would you like to see? I'm thinking Skullkid with Majora's Mask, Midna, Zant, Mirror Link, Sheik, Ghirahim, Demise. Do you guys have cool ideas?

What do you guys think would be good ideas for playable characters? I mean, Zelda, Ganondorf and Link are obvious, but which characters would you like to see? I'm thinking Skullkid with Majora's Mask, Midna, Zant, Mirror Link, Sheik, Ghirahim, Demise. Do you guys have cool ideas?

Happy Mask Salesman would be kind of funny/fun to play as

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Happy Mask Salesman would be kind of funny/fun to play as

Might be hard to see him as a playable character, but why not?

I see so much possibilities in this game. Different characters, different abilities, different story lines. There is so much inspiration this game can draw from.
Ganondorf being able to shoot his famous energyballs, Sheik being able to use a whip and throwing knives (Super Smash Melee. FTW!), Demise with a huge sword, Tingle with bombs and a balloon, Majora using tentacles, etc. etc. etc.

If Nintendo really invests in this game it could potentialy be a reason for me to buy a Wii U.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
This looks interesting enough to hold us all over while we wait for the official Zelda U. I can't say that I'm dying to play this game at all, but I'm not going to knock it until I try it. Also, I have no idea why the hell Link is wearing a scarf. First we get Debbie, then Yuga, and now Link with a long, flowing scarf. I'm sensing some sort of fabulous, Zelda dress-up game approaching...

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I keep forgetting to post in this thread xD

Anyways, I'm half fangirling about this game and half indifferent. I absolutely adore games with this gameplay style. Dynasty Warriors and The Legend of Zelda are two of my favorite gaming series of all time. I have strong a feeling that this game is going to be amazing.

Alas, I don't own a Wii U and won't for some time. So I'll hold in my excitement for now. xD

Also, I have no idea why the hell Link is wearing a scarf. First we get Debbie, then Yuga, and now Link with a long, flowing scarf. I'm sensing some sort of fabulous, Zelda dress-up game approaching...
Link is
Zelda-fabulous.gif

It looks really boring.

Yeah it does, I just watched a gameplay of Dynasty Warriors to get an idea of what the new Zelda spin off would be like, cuz I'd never heard of it...I wasn't impressed, not that I'm bashing the genre, I mean some of the world's most well known games, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Bubble Bobble, Hogan;s Alley thrived off repetitive, simple gameplay. So to each their own. Does this mean Link's gonna talk?

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Yeah it does, I just watched a gameplay of Dynasty Warriors to get an idea of what the new Zelda spin off would be like, cuz I'd never heard of it...I wasn't impressed, not that I'm bashing the genre, I mean some of the world's most well known games, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Bubble Bobble, Hogan;s Alley thrived off repetitive, simple gameplay. So to each their own. Does this mean Link's gonna talk?

I know it LOOKS boring, but you said you never played Dynasty Warriors. I agree watching the gameplay for these games are boring, but playing them is much, much, better. When I first played Dynasty Warriors, it was great. The levels are huge, the graphics are good, and it's like an anime. If this is anything like Dynasty Warriors, it's gonna be really freaking awesome.

I know it LOOKS boring, but you said you never played Dynasty Warriors. I agree watching the gameplay for these games are boring, but playing them is much, much, better. When I first played Dynasty Warriors, it was great. The levels are huge, the graphics are good, and it's like an anime. If this is anything like Dynasty Warriors, it's gonna be really freaking awesome.

Oh I know, like I said I'm not bashing, I'm just saying that personally, it doesn't look like my kinda thing is all. :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
[video=youtube;xrU36ZPSAXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrU36ZPSAXc[/video]

Scan from a magazine reveals that Impa is in the game. There's apparently a very large amount of playable characters, so I hope she's one of them.

Hyrule-Warriors-Scan-1.jpg

Last edited:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I'm actually looking forward to this game. I've never payed the Dynasty Warriors series before so I'm not really familiar with it, but I am open to try new things especially if it includes one of my favorite game series in the mix.

From what screenshots and info I've gleaned over, it doesn't really detract any of my excitement away from me and instead adds to it. All I can say after this, is that hopefully this game with get a release date for the rest of world by at least Christmas because I'm wanting to play this game! Plus with all the other games that's coming out around that time too, adding this to the mix is just going make me feel more like a kid this holiday season! :D

Am I the only one that's not all that excited for this game? While it does look a little cool, I'm just worried that the developers (who don't exactly have the best track record for quality titles) will find a way to screw it up. Also, it better not be like the other Dynasty Warriors games where you pretty much just mash the X button the whole way through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom