• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Save data bonus. Just another small kick to people who played BotW on Wii U because we couldn't afford a Switch at release.

Maybe it's just the structure of the trailer but it feels pretty disjointed narratively and I worry they're gonna focus so much on the fanservice to the fact you can play as the champions, they're gonna botch the calamity. Visuals look nice though. Revali's combat looks great.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Save data bonus. Just another small kick to people who played BotW on Wii U because we couldn't afford a Switch at release.

Maybe it's just the structure of the trailer but it feels pretty disjointed narratively and I worry they're gonna focus so much on the fanservice to the fact you can play as the champions, they're gonna botch the calamity. Visuals look nice though. Revali's combat looks great.
I'm kind of expecting the story to take turns with each champion, like they each get an arc in turn of you recruiting them. Maybe that's what's making it feel disjointed.

Also yeah that kinda sucks for wii u players but at the very least its just a wooden sword and probably not something a lot of people will miss. Just like with the soup ladle for digital preorders.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Some random thoughts I've been thinking while watching the gameplay footage again.... Just gonna drop em in here.

• can the battle dialogues be fully voiced? i hope thats an option. they were so easy for me to miss in hw because they were so tiny and in the bottom corner. here, they are bigger and catch my eye better, but it was hard to tell if they were fully voiced because the game audio was so soft under all the presenters talking. it didnt seem like they were, but still. id like them to be.
  • i love the new dodge animation. its so much faster than in hw. nice and slick.
  • the keep boss being treated as an enemy captain instead of just a Bigger mob enemy is cool. makes it a little harder to mow down keeps. you gotta work for it a little more now.
  • item drops gravitating to you instead of you floundering around to pick them up is super good qol for such a fast-paced game.
  • the blue effects on strong attacks looks extremely cool.
  • i noticed some sheikah writing popping up right before the bomb/cryonis symbols show up over those big enemy's heads. maybe the egg guardian is displaying that for us.
  • the way the enemies ragdoll through the air brings me so much joy.
  • mob enemies doing coordinated attacks in small groups is pretty cool. makes them more than just bodies to cut down.
  • materials seem to come from destructible environmental things too like grass and trees, not just from enemies and chests.
  • how many clones can impa make at a time? dang she can make more than i'd think would be allowed.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Been thinking some more about stuff and things, and this time I thought I'd see if I couldn't put together the game's control scheme. Some I know from the prompts in the footage, and others are just educated guesses, but still, I think it's nice to have a rough idea of this sort of thing.

So, here's what I think it will be like...

Attack - Y
Strong Attack - X
Special Attack - A (confirmed)
Dodge - B
Shield - ZL
Character Action - ZR (confirmed)
Item - L + face buttons (confirmed)
Sheikah Slate - R + face buttons (confirmed)
Switch Character - D-Pad (confirmed)

There are other things I'm curious about too, like Link's shield surf seems to be a command input separate from the attack combos. Daruk being able to attack while rolling without stopping seems to be like this, too. We've also seen that Link can do Perfect Guard, and I'm gonna guess the input for that is to hold your shield and press Y similar to BotW. I think we can expect to see more command inputs like that. We also haven't seen Focus Spirit yet, but there wasn't a magic meter that I could see, so that might be gone. Or maybe it's done differently. Who knows. Whatever the case, the wide array of attack methods looks really solid and promising.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
ss+(2020-09-29+at+06.42.40).jpg

It JUST occurred to me that these yellow pins are in fact marking the locations of wizzrobes for you so you know where to go to refresh your magic rods. That's dope. At first I thought they were the general enemy captain marker but that didn't add up with all the moblins around without those marks. And the color matches the rod's element cuz you can see a red one in the Hyrule Field stream.

The character art for AoC is damn lovely.

Switch_HyruleWarriorsAgeofCalamity_artwork_02.jpg

HyruleWarriorsAgeofCalamityChampionArtwork.jpg

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom