• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Villains before Ganondorf

What do you think what type of Villains Hyrule faced before Ganondorf? the only ones we know are the Dark Interlopers and Vaati i think the post Skyward Sword and pre Ocarina of Time era is very interesting i enjoy Minish Cap for that i want a game during that era i want a Skyward Sword 2 or a Ganondorf origin game

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
  1. Malice
  2. Demise
  3. There was whoever the Hero of Men faced off to seal away the monsters into the chest with the Picori Blade.
  4. Malladus I guess.
  5. Same with Bellum potentially.
  6. Vaati
  7. Majora
  8. The Dark Interlopers
  9. Gary
  10. And then Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Skyloft was home to a Knight Academy which indicates (though not to exclusion) that those proto-Hylians had encountered existential threats prior to Demise. I calculate the probability of PREmise threatening Skyloft before the events of Skyward Sword to be greater than 97%.

Demise, Ghirahim, and Vaati are the known villains prior to Ganon, but there's plenty of room for games on the Unified Timeline prior to Ocarina of Time for some one shot non-Ganon villains. I'd like to see them expand the UT, as there's alot of potential to explore a Hyrule before Ganon. A similar idea is having games post Spirit Tracks on the Adult Timeline; while it's a post-Ganon world rather than a pre-Ganon one, both of them are worlds without Ganon, so similar ideas apply in regards to possible one shot villains and whatnot. Exploring the evolving customs of New Hyrule would be dope, too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What do you think what type of Villains Hyrule faced before Ganondorf? the only ones we know are the Dark Interlopers and Vaati i think the post Skyward Sword and pre Ocarina of Time era is very interesting i enjoy Minish Cap for that i want a game during that era i want a Skyward Sword 2 or a Ganondorf origin game

The first Major villain is Demise who came forth from the earth along with the mazoku. Including Ghirahim.

Then we have Minish Cap which has Vaati yet in the opening sequence we also see a giant piglike moblin. And moblins only took a piglike form when Ganon became the Demon King so I would expect OOT's Ganondorf to actually be the third incarnation of the Demon King with at least one previous version of Ganon appearing beforehand.(Tbh I don't believe Minish Cap was originally intended to be pre OOT in the timeline and I think it was thoughtlessly shoved in so this might not mean much)

9 years pre OOT we had the civil war which was possibly the 'interloper' war as well. We know from the Japanese translation of TP that these were not called interlopers but were simply sorcerers, so as for their identity they could be a bad bunch of Hylian humans for all we know, however some theorise they could even have been malevolent Sheikah. I would guess The Dorf is at least 40 years old in OOT, but due to the age defying genes of the Gerudo and his sorcerous ways he could even be older, this means he definitely participated in this war 9 years prior to OOT. His adoptive mother's: Kotake and Koume are well over 300 years old, they were almost certainly villains in that war too and could well have been antagonistic to Hyrule at any point prior.

I would actually love to see a younger Kotake and Koume as the main threat of a Zelda game. I absolutely love witches and think they make great main antagonists. I believe Hyrule Historia suggests they manipulate behind the scenes and are the true rulers of the Gerudo anyway, probably pushed Ganondorf into being the man he is.

Last edited:
The first Major villain is Demise who came forth from the earth along with the mazoku. Including Ghirahim.

Then we have Minish Cap which has Vaati yet in the opening sequence we also see a giant piglike moblin. And moblins only took a piglike form when Ganon became the Demon King so I would expect OOT's Ganondorf to actually be the third incarnation of the Demon King with at least one previous version of Ganon appearing beforehand.(Tbh I don't believe Minish Cap was originally intended to be pre OOT in the timeline and I think it was thoughtlessly shoved in so this might not mean much)

9 years pre OOT we had the civil war which was possibly the 'interloper' war as well. We know from the Japanese translation of TP that these were not called interlopers but were simply sorcerers, so as for their identity they could be a bad bunch of Hylian humans for all we know, however some theorise they could even have been malevolent Sheikah. I would guess The Dorf is at least 40 years old in OOT, but due to the age defying genes of the Gerudo and his sorcerous ways he could even be older, this means he definitely participated in this war 9 years prior to OOT. His adoptive mother's: Kotake and Koume are well over 300 years old, they were almost certainly villains in that war too and could well have been antagonistic to Hyrule at any point prior.

I would actually love to see a younger Kotake and Koume as the main threat of a Zelda game. I absolutely love witches and think they make great main antagonists. I believe Hyrule Historia suggests they manipulate behind the scenes and are the true rulers of the Gerudo anyway, probably pushed Ganondorf into being the man he is.
The idea that a new reincarnation of Demise existed before Ganondorf is very interesting but Ghirahim also controls the Moblins in Skyward Sword so i think you dont need to be an incarnation of Demise to control them maybe the Hero of Men was fighting to prevent a new resurrection of Demise by one of his followers i would like to think that the Hero of Men and Dark Interlopers conflicts are actually the same conflict and the same era

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The idea that a new reincarnation of Demise existed before Ganondorf is very interesting but Ghirahim also controls the Moblins in Skyward Sword so i think you dont need to be an incarnation of Demise to control them maybe the Hero of Men was fighting to prevent a new resurrection of Demise by one of his followers i would like to think that the Hero of Men and Dark Interlopers conflicts are actually the same conflict and the same era

Possibly but the reason I think there is another incarnation of Ganon before OOT is that Minish Caps Moblins are pigs. Demise's Moblins and the ones Ghirahim controls under Demise are not pigs.

Moblins and bokoblins only became piglike when they were made in Ganons image who takes the form of a pig. Therefore I assume MC's moblins must have been spawned by Ganon at some point rather than being remnants of the mazoku that serve demise.

Before Ganondorf, there were Demise, Vaati, the Dark Interlopers, Majora, Kotake and Koume...

...and honestly I would argue Din. This is something that has never made sense to me: Wisdom, a good virtue; Courage, a good virtue; Power, consistently used for evil and terror and bad. It might be my political sentiments but for one of the goddesses to pick Power as their virtue is either an "Eru makes Melkor evil so the story can happen" idea, or maybe Din's just a villain.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Before Ganondorf, there were Demise, Vaati, the Dark Interlopers, Majora, Kotake and Koume...

...and honestly I would argue Din. This is something that has never made sense to me: Wisdom, a good virtue; Courage, a good virtue; Power, consistently used for evil and terror and bad. It might be my political sentiments but for one of the goddesses to pick Power as their virtue is either an "Eru makes Melkor evil so the story can happen" idea, or maybe Din's just a villain.

There's nothing inherently evil about power, same as there's nothing inherently good about wisdom or courage. Power can be used for good or ill, such as when Zelda flexes her power to banish the evil goop in Breath of the Wild. Given Din's apparent status as an avatar of an all-knowing god, I'd call her neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom