• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Land Wars V1 - The Ocarina of Limes

K

Kazoto Skytear

Hello, everyone. Welcome to...

Hyrule Land Wars

Hyrule Land Wars is, in the best description, a real time strategy game that's text based and gives you the freedom to do almost anything you want. This is the first version I've seen n ZD!

I've learnt that waaay back in previous land wars on other sites that there are disputes in war and chit chat, so if a Forum Mod or Admin would kindly let me make a General Chit Chat page for the game after it starts then I'll make it so it doesn't make me look like a post *****. Anyways...

Now to explain the rules!

THE RULES--- READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

How to play:

Pick a vacant base and it's yours. The goal of the game is to conquer the land by crushing your enemies.

Troops and Recruiting:

You will start with 2,000 Units that naturally occur in your area (i.e., Deku Baba is to Kokiri Forest.
You will be allowed to recruit 200 per week per base with a maximum of 600 per week.
You are allowed to have a maximum of 50,003
To make up a new unit, you must use a base unit. Example:
Recruit Gorons ->Project-> Recruit Goron Archers. Since Goron Archers don't exist, you must train them first. Doing this doesn't convert x amount of Gorons into archers, rather, it "unlocks" them for recruitment.

1 base = 200 Soldiers
2 bases = 300 Soldiers
3 bases = 400 Soldiers
4 bases = 500 Soldiers
5 bases = 600 Soldiers
600 Soldiers is Maximum!
Projects

Probably the most important part of the wars;
You are allowed to have 2 projects for each base, with a maximum of 5 overall.
1 base = 2 projects
2 bases = 3 projects
3 bases = 4 projects
4 bases = 5 projects

Projects must take a logical amount of time. I will let the players be the judge, but I or other game leaders will step in if we feel that a project time is unfair. Now, we don't use actual real-time, or else we'd be playing the game for a long time. Use this OFFICIAL guideline to help you:

Recruit a hero unit: 4 weeks
Train units to do/be something (i.e. archers): weeks
Mass produce an item: 6 weeks
Take an empty base as your own: 10 weeks (Must be Acquired after Day 10)

ONE REAL DAY EQUALS 2 IN GAME WEEKS
Monday = Week 0, Week 2
Tuesday = Week 4
Wednesday = Week 6
etc

Foreign Policies:
Trades
Peace Treaty
War
Alliance
Alliance:

Feel free to make an alliance between each other. Breaking them will make it harder for you to make them with another though. No more than 3 people to an alliance

Rules
- No changing war strategies. (unless a major event was unaccounted for, such as an obvious super weapon which you did not know about being used)
- No bosses from places outside of the realm in which the game takes place (no using Goht in OoT Hyrule and such)
- No technology that's out of reason. Think Zelda, not Star Wars. We have magic but don't overuse it.
- Maximum troops 50,003 (note the 3 counts for your hero/boss units)
- If armies work together in attack or defense, they must be united under one strategy.
- It is understood that troops patrol territorial borders even if unstated in updates or logs
- No using out of game knowledge (army A does project A, Army B doesn't know about project A, yet makes a strategy as if they know about it)
- You MUST list all completed projects in your updates. (very important, otherwise it's hard to tell what you have and have not done)
- No instantaneous transport of troops from one base to another. If two or more bases are attacked, divide your army up.
- No teleportation
- Maximum 3 hero units per army
- No self made bases
- Trades cannot be intercepted, but the routes must pass through neutral and friendly areas only.
- You may work together on structures and split the days between participating armies. EVENLY.
- You may steal items.
- To reproduce a unique item (such as mirror shields, hook shots etc), you must have the original item or schematics from the holder of the original. You will have the schematics if you started with the item.
- When you first start with a base, you get all the items found in that area. For example, the Great Deku Tree would have Deku Nuts, sticks, and a slingshot.
- Spies are not allowed.
- A Limited number of prisoners are allowed if you have an area to jail them. Information and such gained from them will be determined by myself and the original owner of the imprisoned troops.
- Recruiting units does NOT count as a project

As for equipment, we only care about special items. We know that Poes have lanterns and that Iron Knuckles have Axes. In your supply list, we only need to know the special things, such as Hylian Shields, Din's Fire, Lens of Truth, Steel armor, poison arrows etc. The game also rules that all units have plenty of food, shelter, and water. The only time this rule is overturned is by special conditions, such as being a prisoner of war or under siege.

WAR!

The reason we're here:

The idea of this game is conquest. The way you win is to get all the bases, or everyone else surrenders to you.

There are 3 ways to attack in this version:

Base Attacking: you attack a base in hopes of taking it, sabotage it, or just ransacking it for fun.

Sneak Attack: Use stealthy units to infiltrate an enemy base. Steal schematics, learn about the defenses, take out a few units etc.

Neutral Field War: Contact another player and challenge him to a fight on Hyrule Field or another neutral area. You may do this for whatever reason.

1. DECLARING WAR

When making your declaration of war, you must list these things:

Who you are attacking
Where the battle will take place
Which troops you will use
Which supplies they will be using
OFFENDER STRATEGY. (most important)

The format for an offender strategy goes like this:
Troops:
*list troops*

Supplies:
*list supplies*

Strategy:
*write out what you want your troops to do* (including any phases there may be)

Notes:
*things like retreat point, battle affecting side notes, and project effects go here*

2. DEFENDER

First of all, and most important,
The Defender needs to make his strategy while pretending to not know anything about the offender strategy. You may however include responses to obvious maneuvers. Like: they split into two groups, so I will fan out.

Defender strategies are really the same as offender, only the defender can't retreat unless they have some sort of exit. (ie a secret tunnel to a friendly base)

The defender can also get their allies to help them in the defense. All allies must have one united strategy, not 2+ separate ones.

Example:

For the layout see attacker.

3. THE WAR

The war mod will evaluate the two strategies and make a INFORMED, IMPARTIAL AND LOGICAL DECISION on who will win. Then he/she will write a brief description of what happened in the war, and at the end, will post how many troops died for each side.

Note that war modding should include status effects, like if there was a project to build a base and it got burned down, it must be listed in the modding.

Note if you wish you can send in your attack/defense strategy via PM to the warmod (Midna Fan ) or release in segments (i.e. part one, attack this, part two, attack that one thing I really came here for, part three, run)

Heres the layout for a warmod:

The Battle:
*description of the battle, have some fun with it, make it fun to read*

Units:
*list what people have left, not what they lost, but what they have left*

Notes:
*list reasons for things you think may cause arguments*

IF YOU QUIT THE LANDWARS
If you should quit or leave the Landwars, your units disappear and your base becomes abandoned. Someone may then do a project (10 weeks) to claim it.

Here is a list of the bases, and who currently owns them.

Ganondorf's Tower: Solsetur
Hyrule Castle: Zoralink32
Temple of Fire: Kazoto Skytear
Forest Temple: Kazoto Skytear
Water Temple (Includes Lake Hylia): Solsetur
Gerudo Valley: Argenteus
Spirit Temple: Argenteus
Temple of Shadow: Kol Gaines
Kakariko (Includes Under the Well/Graveyard): Fastblade

Non-Starter base:
Lon Lon Ranch: Solsetur
Kokiri Forest: Kazoto Skytear
Goron City (Includes Dodongo Cave): Kazoto Skytear
Zora Domain: Zoralink32

Note, if more than nine people would like to join, I'll work something out...
Finally: Army Updates:

This is how to keep yourself up to date. To keep it fun and interesting, we ask that everyone try to update at least once every real day. Copy my format below and change it to match your base and project ideas:

I'm playing again. **** you all.
Army Name: The Legion of Fire
Week 0
Primary Base: Temple of Fire
Acquired Bases: -

Troops:
250 Flame Dancers
250 Iron Knuckles
250 Fire Keese
250 Red Bubbles
250 Lizalfos
250 Stalfos
250 Like Likes
250 Gold Skultulas

Total: 2000

Recruitment:
100 Red Bubble
100 Dodongo

Total: 200

Supplies:
Megaton Hammer
Fire Medallion

Projects:
Recruit Fire Sage [0/4]
Build a few Flare Barriers around the place [0/8]

Completed Projects:

Log:
AWAITING FOR MEMBERS

Game will start when at least 6 people decide to join, then others can jump in starting from week 2

HUGE WARNING: GAMES CAN LAST FOR 1-3 MONTHS FOR INACTIVITY OF WAR MODDING AND/OR STRATEGIES NOT BEING POSTED. IF YOU ARE INACTIVE FOR OVER 5 DAYS YOU ARE DEAD TO PREVENT THIS

HOPEFULLY This will be successful

Due to Inconveniences of Ganon Tower/Castle Town in same place ganon's tower was moved.
images

Credits:
Midna Fan from Zelda Universe
Zelda Dungeon Wiki

Attachments

• mapoot.jpg
    mapoot.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fastblade

Count me in. You definitely didn't take this from Zelda Universe and NeoGAF :P
I'll have Kakariko. Hylian Shield, and UNDER THE WELL!

F

Fastblade

Army Name: The Kakarikan Union
Week 0
Primary Base: Kakariko Village (Includes Beneath the Well)
Acquired Bases: None

Troops:
500 Kakarikan Soldiers (Wield Spears)
300 Beamos
200 Wallmasters
500 ReDead
500 Like Likes

Recruitment:
200 Dead Hands (Wooot)

Supplies:
Hylian Shield
Music Box
Song of Storms Notes
Lens of Truth
Lon Lon Milk (Technically not from the Ranch itself, but when you milk the cow it gives you Lon Lon Milk; go figure)
Bomb Flowers
Red Potions
Bows and Arrows
Bombs
Nocturne of Shadow Notes

Projects:
Recruit Impa, the Sage of Shadow (1/4)
Mass Produce the Hylian Shield (1/6)

Completed Projects:

Log: So War has begun, eh? Kakariko is a force to be reckoned with. We have MANY supplies; soon my army shall be the best in Hyrule. Milady Impa has returned home, and we are now recruiting her. We are also mass producing the Hylian Shield for our Kakarikan Soldiers. Surprisingly, the monsters of the Well are willing to help our cause.
Come at us, Hyrule.

Solsetur

*shot*
HEY KAZ I'M HERE TO WRECK YOUR FACE

Army Name: Federation of free Souls
Week 0
Primary Base: Ganondorf's Tower
Acquired Bases: -

Troops:
500 Dinolfos
500 Stalfos
200 Iron Knuckles
250 Dead Hands
250 Armos
300 Beamos

Recruitment:
200 Iron Knuckles

Supplies:

Mass Produced:

Blue Fire

Schematics:

Fans
Blade Traps
Golden Gauntlets
Barriers
Bombs
Deku Nuts[/espoiler]

Projects:

Research and Modify and Mas Produce Throwing Blade Traps [0/12] -- Double Timed

Completed Projects:

Log:
WRECK WRECK WRECK

K

Kaiser Conman

Guten nacht Kaz! :D

---

Nation: The Forest Temple Fatherland
Week: 0
Base: Forest Temple/Sacred Forest Meadow/Lost Woods
Acquired Bases: None
Allies: None

Troops:
100 Blue Bubbles
900 Moblins
400 Stalfos
200 Wall Masters
400 Wolfos

Recruitment:
200 Blue Bubbles

Supplies:
Arrows
Din's Fire (schematics)-(Recieved from Bolero of Fire)
Deku Nuts
Deku Sticks
Fairies
Fairy Bow (schematics)
Fairy Ocarina (Schematics)
Saria's Song
Sheilds (Stalfos)
Spears (Moblins)
Swords (Stalfos)

Fortifications:
None

Projects:
Mass Produce Fairy Bows (0/6)
Recruit Poe Sisters (0/4)

Completed Projects:
None

Log:
It seems that after hearing of upstarts rising up accross Hyrule, the spirits of the Forest Temple decided to raise their wise and ancient leader, me, Kaiser Conman21100! Upon ressurecting me through ritual, these spirits placed me in command of themselves, begging me to lead them to victory in Hyrule. I humblely accepted. Beginning my reign I sought for the spirits to convince the most wise and powerful Poe Sisters to my side, as well as begin to manufacture a powerful new weapon from deep within the fortress, a Fairy Bow. With these projects under way my warriors will become the most powerful fighting force in this world and the next!

While this world is teeming with prospect and war feels to be around every corner, I am confident that my people and myself shall rise above it and prosper into the future!

ALL HEIL DER KAISER!!! O_O

---

To His Supreme Majesty And Leader Of The Federation Of Free Souls--Herr Solsetur,

Greetings comrade! I wonder if you would be interested in forming an alliance with the Forest Temple Fatherland! We wouldn't want this Kaz fellow to beat us, right? So, what say you?!

Sincerely,
Kaiser Conman--Supreme Ruler Of the Forest Temple, And All Her Trees And Spirits

Z

zoralink32

Army Name: Royal Hylian Army
Week 0
Primary Base: Hyrule Castle & Castle Town
Acquired Bases:
N/A

Troops:
1500 Hylian Guards
500 Gorons

Recruitment:
100 Hylian Guards
100 Gorons

Supplies:
Mass-produced
--N/A
Schematics
--Master Sword
--Hylian Shield
--Din's Fire
--Light Arrows
--Blue Fire
--Fairy
--Red Potion
--Green Potion
--Bombs
--Bombchu
--Deku Nuts
--Bunny Hood
--Mask of Truth
--Goron Mask
--Zora Mask

Projects:
Mass-produce Master Sword (0/6)
Recruit Rauru, Sage of Light (0/4)

Completed Projects:
N/A

Log:
War... War never changes.

To Sólsetur, Laird of Ganon's Castle

Greetings! I see that we are neighbours. I feel it would be in both our best interests to ally militarily, so as to protect one another from attacks by aiding in the form of troop support. Please consider my request.

Sincerely,
King Zoralink XXXII

F

Fastblade

Letter to the Walking Dead, Kaiser Conman
From the Cheif of Kakariko

Hey there, buddy! You seem to fit in perfectly with my lot! Whaddya say we have ourselves an alliance? I'm sure Hylian Shields are a reasonable trade for the Fairy Bow.

K

Kol Gaines

Army Name: Hyrule Rangers Umbra Force
Week 0
Primary Base: Shadow Temple

Troops:
1,000 Stalfos
200 ReDeads
200 Like-Likes
200 Infinite Hands
200 Floor Masters
200 Beemos
Total: 2,000

Recruitment:
200 ReDeads

Supplies:
Hover Boots (Schematic)
Guillotine (Schematic)
Blade Trap (Schematic)

Projects:
Mass Produce Hover Boots (0/6)
Recruit Bongo Bongo (0/4)

Log:
It's cold... It's dark... Yippee...

L

lefty

Army Name: I can't think of another good fish pun that I haven't used yet.
Week 0
Primary Base: Lake Hylia
Acquired Bases:
N/A

Troops:
1500 Zoras
100 Shell Blades
100 Spikes
300 Blue Tektites

Recruitment:
200 Zoras

Supplies:
Mass-produced
--N/A
Schematics
--scarecrow Song
--Fire Arrows
--Longshot
--Gold Scale

Projects:
Recruit Scientist (0/4)
Recruit Morpha (0/4)

Completed Projects:
N/A

Log:
Man I'm taking someone out on day 4, you just watch.

letter to everyone:

WHO WANTS BE FRANZ?

oh **** no kol, lake hylia is mine, always and forever, you go to zoras domain, lol.

K

Kol Gaines

I'd rather take the Shadow Temple, it was my first choice. I have plans for it, plans indeed.

All that blood, guts, darkness, etc. plus the serious range of traps I'll be adding, it'll be near suicide to recklessly charge my base.

And I'll take that FRANZship if its still there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom