• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Historia: Did It Ruin the Fun?

Hyrule Historia. Did It Ruin the Fun?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YES

• I Dont care, never read the book

• Total voters
Ever sence OOT People have been Debating on the Legend of Zelda Time line, and other Items such as Origins of the Ocarena of time, Who the Hero Shade Is, and other events that made us curious and think on were to put the Pieces In the Zelda Universe Puzzle, this lead the Fans of Zelda to make up rather interesting, and Creative Theories. Thats one of the things I love in the Zelda franchise is the Mystery and trying to solve it. Then Nintendo released a book called Hyrule Historia and well..it feels like they Ruin the Fun, Like a Magician giveing away his secrets, I love theroiseing and reading other people's ideas, It was one of thouse things that made the Game even more fun. so My Question is this.. Did the book Hyrule Historia Ruin the fun of making theories in the world of Zelda?

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
For me, not really.

I admit that having most of the major chronological mysteries in the series solved kind takes the fun out of wondering how the games fit together. I kind of miss theorizing how the games fit on the timeline.

However, at the same time, I'm really happy Nintendo released it. Now we know. We finally have a solid chronology to use when we play the Zelda series. If we want to play them in a chronological order, and enjoy the series as one fluid continuity, now we can. So it took away some of the theorizing fun, but has relieved a great burden on us Zelda fans as well.

And there are still MANY mysteries in the Zelda mythos that HH didn't shed light on. So, theorists need not fret. There's still plenty of material to question and plenty of conundrums still unsolved.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hyrule Historia ruined any and all funthat there was to be had with theorizing. HH, and Skyward Sword both. I loved reading timeline theories, not so mch debating them but reading theories was fun for me. Nintendo was all "can't let you do that, Star Fox" on us by releasing SS and HH. I kind of wish that they would retract HH just so we can get back to having more sensical theories. After all, once the definite answer is known there isn't much to philosophize about. Which makes things boring.

Skunk

Floof
I ha e only seen the timeline from it, so I can't really say if it ruined the fun.

Dan

Not really, if you want to go around writing fanfiction still you can. This is on the other hand Nintendo's franchise. Sure coming up with what you think might be correct is ...fun I guess. On the other hand don't get butthurt when you find out you were wrong.

The Hyrule Historia came as a blast out of nowhere but simultaneously complemented the release of Skyward Sword just prior. Both of these products celebrated the franchise's 25th anniversary and demystified much franchise lore. For once more questions had been answered than created. This was a breath of fresh air for the franchise.

That said, Zelda Theory essentially went down the drain when the HH was revealed. Part of the joy of being a Zelda fan was pondering over unique combinations of how the game fit together. No combination was perfect but the series is renowned for its "legend" namesake. Its adventure was a separate entity which could be played an enjoyed on its own but interwove however loosely with other installments to create a fantastic with not entirely perfect whole.

I'm glad Nintendo gave one of its most commercially successful and critically acclaimed franchises a chance to shine but when the next game releases, I'd prefer if Nintendo note reveal its placement on the timeline.

Yes and no, Like ALIT said many Zelda theories got washed away and were either proven or dis-proven and in some cases this proving of theories was not done with any great detail. As far as i can tell the HH just lets the facts be known and doesn't go into any great detail as to why. So theorists now know the answers but not exactly how. This may have been on purpose by Nintendo to grant theorists a little leeway but as far as Nintnedo go i don't think they see the majoraty of their fans as Theorists, only consumers and fans.

for the most part its nice to see something like a bible or the word of god connected to zelda, something fans can swear against whatever their opinion of it, but for me i liked the concept art and seeing what could have been. The timeline reveal was a wonderful moment in Zelda's history, even though i dont agree where s games are placed its still nice to see what nintendo works from.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It was kind of entertaining to wonder about things like the timeline, but I didn't really care for it that much. Honestly, I'd much rather have explanations of things than wonder what the hell things are supposed to mean. (Not a big fan of the dual split timeline, though.)

HH, and Skyward Sword both.

Wait, how did SS ruin the fun? There were many questions left unanswered, and many people were theorizing about these questions until HH was released. I know you hate SS, but... that's taking it a bit too far.

S

sir aiath

I think it created more holes than it filled in with its timeline, espeacially how it gives no explanation to how the Downfall Timeline was created.
So no, I think it just made more questions to theorize about.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ruin the fun!? Good God no. I'm so glad that came out to clear everything up. I leaned a ton of new info. The questions that had been burning in my mind were finally answered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom