• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Historia Book: A Bunch of Bull?

I'm not arguing about your timeline, so sorry if it looks like I have. I'm using your timeline as an example that the official timeline could retcon the connection of FS/FSA into two different Links and thus there is no real arguement that FS Link and FSA Link are the same Link.

I admire your efforts, but there is absolutely no way that Hyrule Historia can be false. Why? Because It's an official document. No matter how many holes and inconsistencies you may find, the fact that it's official means that the contradictions found in-game don't matter at all. It can only be false if the developers have said so, and they have not as of yet. This is what "word of god" is.

Just because it's "official" it doesn't mean it's right. You'll probably say, it IS the right timeline because Nintendo said so, but think about three things:

1) When Nintendo makes a Zelda-game they try to make a good game not a game fitting in the timeline. Great example is the Four-Sword-series wich never had a clear place in the Zelda-Timeline. This timeline is probably just another theory that didn't exist when the games where made.

2) Nintendo likes to contradict themselves. Great example is the beginning of the timeline. They first said OoT was the first game. Later they said TMC and FS happened befor OoT. These is ok, because TMC and FS came out later then OoT. But shortly before the reales of SS they said OoT was the first game, with SS as a prequel. They already contradict themselfe, but even the so-called-official timeline contradicts their lates statement because it places SS, TMC AND FS before OoT. As you see they like to change their timeline and they probably do so in the futur. That's why I based my timeline on in-game facts not on anything they ever said.

3) (I'm not sure about this, so correct me if I'm wrong) The guy responsible for the book is Iwata. Iwata was first involved in OoT. OoX was developed by a third party (Capcom). And now look at the game in the "what-if"-timeline: ALttP, OoX, LA, LoZ, AoL. Do you notice something. All games Iwata wasn't involved. Maybe he gaved these games a lower rank because of this...who knows...

2) Nintendo likes to contradict themselves. Great example is the beginning of the timeline. They first said OoT was the first game. Later they said TMC and FS happened befor OoT. These is ok, because TMC and FS came out later then OoT. But shortly before the reales of SS they said OoT was the first game, with SS as a prequel. They already contradict themselfe, but even the so-called-official timeline contradicts their lates statement because it places SS, TMC AND FS before OoT. As you see they like to change their timeline and they probably do so in the futur. That's why I based my timeline on in-game facts not on anything they ever said.

Based on that idea, that means ALttP does not happen in the adult timeline as Ganon only had the Triforce of Power and there is no Link in between OoT and WW based on this quote within WW:
This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time.

The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

But then...a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom.

The great evil that all thought had been forever sealed away by the hero...

...once again crept forth from the depths of the earth, eager to resume its dark designs.

The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them.

...But the hero did not appear.

For the official timeline, everything makes sense in-game. SS leads MC due to similar technology like the Gust Bellow and similar backstories. MC leads to FS due to the similar geography in the northwestern part of Hyrule. ALttP, TP, and WW are sequels to OoT with ALttP's backstory being the Seal War, WW's backstory of the disappeared hero, and TP's backstory of Ganondorf's execution. OoX/LA are sequels to ALttP due to the placement of the Triforce in the Royal Family and voyage journey by Link. LoZ/AoL are sequels to those games because of the Triforce and Ganon's intelligence. WW leads to PH and ST. The only game doesn't fit in that great in the timeline is FSA, but the only spot in the timeline that could lead to FSA without major conflictions is TP as Ganon is dead.

Really, the official timeline is the true timeline unless someone else could make a timeline with less conflicting evidences and fanfiction. I feel that this debate about the official timeline is just fans denying it as true fact because it doesn't fit in their timeline or that they think it could've be done better (which is a more valid arguement). As for Iwata question, it is producer Aonuma who was involved in the timeline.

Last edited:
Based on that idea, that means ALttP does not happen in the adult timeline as Ganon only had the Triforce of Power and there is no Link in between OoT and WW based on this quote within WW

OoT-AlttP-WW isn't as impossible as everone says. At the adult-end of OoT Zelda sends Link back in time using her power(ToW) and the Ocarina of Time. She said she wants to close the gate of time forever or something like that so she send her ToW back into the SR. When Link leaves the timeline, he leaves the ToC there and it retunrs to the SR. Ganon finds the ToW and ToC. Sure the King of Red lions sais in WW the ToC splitted when the HoT left and the HoW has to find it, but that's not true. It was complete when the HoT left and hiden sometime later (after ALttP.) How do I know. the pieces are in treasure cheasts and ther are even maps where to find them. THEY WERE HIDDEN. And for the part when no hero appeared. Ganon never left the SR in ALttP. Most people didn't even knew Link was wandering around and saving them. So it's only logical he isn'T present in their legends ;P

That is not fact or evidence, that is fanfiction. There was no indication that the Triforce of Wisdom or Courage went back to the Sacred Realm. In fact, the King of Red Lions says that when the Hero of Time left, the Triforce of Courage shattered into 8 pieces. And Ganondorf makes no mention of any previous heroes before WW Link, meaning that he is the next in line.

It was complete when the HoT left and hiden sometime later (after ALttP.) How do I know. the pieces are in treasure cheasts and ther are even maps where to find them. THEY WERE HIDDEN. And for the part when no hero appeared. Ganon never left the SR in ALttP. Most people didn't even knew Link was wandering around and saving them. So it's only logical he isn'T present in their legends ;P

There was no indication that the Triforce of Courage was split in LoZ/AoL or FS/FSA as you claimed. I could easily say that OoT Zelda found the pieces of the Triforce of Courage and hid them from Ganon or that the goddess hid them from Ganon. You didn't explain how the Links between OoT and WW could have vanished and not save Hyrule during the Great Flood. Why did he disappeared? This question is easily address that since OoT Link did not have descendants in the adult timeline, thus no Link arrived in Hyrule.

It is hypocritical to say that in-game evidences trumps Word of God, then use fanfiction to explain the plotholes. Word of God are used to fill in the plot-holes rather than fan-theory. Otherwise there is no timeline.

There was no indication that the Triforce of Courage was split in LoZ/AoL or FS/FSA as you claimed. I could easily say that OoT Zelda found the pieces of the Triforce of Courage and hid them from Ganon or that the goddess hid them from Ganon. You didn't explain how the Links between OoT and WW could have vanished and not save Hyrule during the Great Flood. Why did he disappeared? This question is easily address that since OoT Link did not have descendants in the adult timeline, thus no Link arrived in Hyrule.

I don't think this thread is the right place to discuss it. If you want to, please read this thread. I explain in detail what I think happened between OoT and WW.

It is hypocritical to say that in-game evidences trumps Word of God, then use fanfiction to explain the plotholes. Word of God are used to fill in the plot-holes rather than fan-theory. Otherwise there is no timeline.

There are alwys plotholes that can only be filled with fan-thoerys. And theorys are based on facts ;D

Then why do you dismiss Word of God? They trump fan-fiction theories. To me, these explanations to Zelda games taking place between OoT and WW is still fanfiction theory based on vague facts. I could not understand why people insist that ALttP takes place between OoT and WW or separating classical games on different timeline.

Then why do you dismiss Word of God? They trump fan-fiction theories. To me, these explanations to Zelda games taking place between OoT and WW is still fanfiction theory based on vague facts. I could not understand why people insist that ALttP takes place between OoT and WW or separating classical games on different timeline.

Because there are many contradictions with the OoT-WW conection.

For example the Hero's Shield in WW is said to be used "by the hero himeself". OoT-Link never used this shield. The only other Links to do so were TMC-, FS/FSA-Link. The shied from TMC-Link was eaten by Biggoron. This means that FS/FSA has to take place between OoT and WW.

The old tale of the hero's shield means nothing, it is a folk's legend. It's a legend, not a history book, and legends can contradicts other legends. Word of God even saids so. But little contradictions and errors means little in the timeline. As long as the general events matches up in the legends. But ALttP between the OoT and WW do not match up with the general legends. Ganon returns and there was no Link. But it seems I cannot convince you in anyway about the faults of your arguments of the Official Timeline. I guess some people won't accept it till a new Zelda game comes along and makes all the other timelines impossible.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
LnktheWolf said they were the same, I just responded to him that if they are (which I belive is possible but can't be said for sure) this would dispove the official timeline.

That's not a thread about my timeline but about how valid the so-called-officiel timeline is. ;D Although I disagree with the ALttP-LA-conection it's a generaly acepted fact and can be used as an argument.

I never said they were the same, but I did say there was a legend of a mirror (seals evil in) that a dark tribe was sealed in long ago, there could be another mirror that was meant to do the opposite (bring Evil out) ( the light spirits could've created another)

Last edited:
Nintendo is trolling ALL OF US!!! I think they only put it out there to shut us up! A million £'s or $'s, that they don't even know the complete timeline them selfs. Look guys we all know that we're only going to get a complete timeline when The legend of Zelda games stop and GOD HELP US ALL WHEN THEY STOP :D

Why? Because you don't agree?

Regardless of your points, the timeline is official, therefore it is right. Nintendo can directly contradict details in the games all they want, they make the games and own the rights to them therefore what they say are basically above game details.

So if they say ST is a prequel to all the other games and every splitt ends with a cd-i-game you'll just say "they made the games, it's true"?

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I personally think that this is just one timeline of many possibilities. I really don't believe that this is their true timeline, because since the creators have been so adamant about not releasing it before, I really think this is just one option they created to keep fans guessing even more. Probably, with the addition of the next Zelda game, this timeline will fade into the woodwork and be replaced by a completely different one. It all depends on what games are out at the time and what evidence you're using to prove your theory. In conclusion, I don't think this timeline is really any more "right" than any other timeline out there.

Too put it simply...Yes. I would say exactly that. They wrote it, it's their world.

This ^. :yes:

I've always been slightly indifferent to the timeline, but I accept what is given to me by the word of god (Aunoma and others), all the while keeping in mind that the timeline is subject to change upon the release of new titles. This has not failed me over the years...

For now, I consider...

..............MM-TP
............./
SS-OoT
.............\
...............WW-PH-ST

...written in stone (until stated otherwise [noparse]:P[/noparse]).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom