• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Historia Book: A Bunch of Bull?

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
1. There was no Mirror of Twilight in FSA!!! FSA only has the Dark Mirror. They are two totaly diffrent things. The Dark Mirror brings the evil in a person to live (Shadow-Link), while to Mirror of Twilight isn't a mirror at all. The only thing it does is that it works like a projector that projects the entrance to the Twilight Realm on this giant rock.

2. SS-Link is not the Hero of Men. the hero of men didn't come from the sky, he was a normal hylian living down in hyrule. the minish brought him the Picori Blade and the light force, SS-Link uses the master Sword and the Triforce. They aren't the same!!!!

3. FS-Zelda probably doesn't even know Ganon, because noone ever remebers him except someone who meet him. (TP only the ancient sages remember him, WW only the king of red lion remembers him.) In hyrule it seems people often forgot the great evil that atttackted them in the past.

4. It's stated in FSA that this Link is the same as in FS!

1.the white maiden in FSA says that there is a legend of a Mirror that a dark people had been sealed in long ago (the light spirits had sealed the dark interlopers in the mirror), in TP Link is one of (if not the only) few people to know the story of the dark interlopers so he probably told the story to his children and so on till it became legend.

2.at the end of SS the Master Sword into the sealed the master sword in the sealed grounds, and since he only needed the triforce to defeat Demise, so he might not have it anymore. Also at the end of SS Zelda asks Link if he would stay on the surface with her, so of course he would say yes, meaning he was on the ground below. another evil rose and Link got the picori blade and the lightforce from the picori.

3. if you notice on the timeline nothing about Ganon/dorf until OoT no matter what split he's on, MC and FS has no ganon and is before OoT, FSA after OoT has ganon.

4. where does it say that exactly, because all I found was that zelda's friend comes to visit when the beginning happens, if he had been FS link, she would have called him for help. Also that the narrator in FSA says that link has accepted the destiny of the hero, FS Link has already accepted a destiny as a hero, therefore it must be a different Link

G

Goddess Sword

3. if you notice on the timeline nothing about Ganon/dorf until OoT no matter what split he's on, MC and FS has no ganon and is before OoT, FSA after OoT has ganon.

Because Ganon/Ganondorf doesn't appear doesn't mean he doesn't exist!

Personnaly, I also don't subscribe to this timeline for reasons listed above (except the Hero's Shade).

S

sf8

[video=youtube;umS4flaa-20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umS4flaa-20&feature=related[/video]

this video should clear it up. (this is not me, I'm not that awesome)

Who says that Link doesn't die in Ocarina of Time? I died lots of times playing the game. The only reason we don't see the events that take place after Link's death play out is because the purpose of a video game is to win. Seeing what happens after Link's death is irrelevant. We don't need to see what happens, we just need to know that it did happen.

Who says that Link doesn't die in Ocarina of Time? I died lots of times playing the game. The only reason we don't see the events that take place after Link's death play out is because the purpose of a video game is to win. Seeing what happens after Link's death is irrelevant. We don't need to see what happens, we just need to know that it did happen.

Does he has to be dead?, many people think it just means he disappeared or something, please if it is explained somewhere what it means tell me

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I completely agree with you, TheBlueReptile. I remember when the timeline was about matching up your theories against someone elses theories, and having to show your knowledge of the games by bringing out facts. The whole fun the timeline brought to us is completely gone.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Of course the timeline is bull. It's just something they decided to throw out there to try and shutup the fans, but it didn't work especially which the 3-way split which isn't even possible, so it's like whatever you know.

1.the white maiden in FSA says that there is a legend of a Mirror that a dark people had been sealed in long ago (the light spirits had sealed the dark interlopers in the mirror), in TP Link is one of (if not the only) few people to know the story of the dark interlopers so he probably told the story to his children and so on till it became legend.

Ok, I forgot about that part of the game :D, I'll have to admit there is the possibility that the mirror of twilight and the dark mirror are the same. But this doesn't prove the official timeline, but disproves it, because in TP Midna destroys the MoT so it can't be used in FSA. This means FSA has to be in a different split than TP

2.at the end of SS the Master Sword into the sealed the master sword in the sealed grounds, and since he only needed the triforce to defeat Demise, so he might not have it anymore. Also at the end of SS Zelda asks Link if he would stay on the surface with her, so of course he would say yes, meaning he was on the ground below. another evil rose and Link got the picori blade and the lightforce from the picori.

I still think it's unlikely. the Picori Blade and the light force are in the possesion of the royal family in MC, not the family of Link. It's more likely Gustaf was the hero of man and passed the PB and the LF down his bloodline.

This doesn't mean they have to go after OoT. ST, LA and MM don't have Ganoneither, but are still after OoT.

4. where does it say that exactly, because all I found was that zelda's friend comes to visit when the beginning happens, if he had been FS link, she would have called him for help. Also that the narrator in FSA says that link has accepted the destiny of the hero, FS Link has already accepted a destiny as a hero, therefore it must be a different Link

The Intro clearly names Link and Zelda by name. The only other games where this is happening are MM, WW, LA and AoL and they do so to show that they are the same person.

Ok, I forgot about that part of the game :D, I'll have to admit there is the possibility that the mirror of twilight and the dark mirror are the same. But this doesn't prove the official timeline, but disproves it, because in TP Midna destroys the MoT so it can't be used in FSA. This means FSA has to be in a different split than TP

Are you sure that the Dark Mirror and Mirror of Twilight are the same? There is no evidence that at all. Mirror of Twilight is the portal to the Twilight Realm and the Dark Mirror creates the Shadow Links.

The Intro clearly names Link and Zelda by name. The only other games where this is happening are MM, WW, LA and AoL and they do so to show that they are the same person.

That doesn't prove that FSA Link is the same Link from FS. There's a flaw in that arguement based on your timeline. LA is a sequel to ALttP, which makes sense as it was released after ALttP. The manual and backstory suggested it was the same Link from ALttP. Yet your timeline said it was the OoX Link and ALttP is the adult timeline. That itself is retcon, as you made ALttP Link and LA Link into two different characters as opposed to being the same. If you can retcon the Links, so can Nintendo.
What I'm saying is that if a simple retcon made by Nintendo can fix the confusion of the Links in FS/FSA, you cannot argue that FS Link and FSA Link are the same because the manuals to those games are slightly retcon.

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
There is a much better way to explain the third split than Link just dying. He goes back to drain the well, then when he goes back to the future, he doesn't go back to the same future he came back from, the old future is "linkless" [video=youtube;umS4flaa-20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umS4flaa-20[/video]

That video has already been posted in this thread. Personally, I can't see this as an explanation to the third split as time-travel in OoT works the same way as the Gear of Time in SS. Guru-Guru says that 7 years ago, a boy played a song that destroyed the windmill and Guru-Guru teaches the song to Link, who goes back in time to play the song that destroyed the windmill. The third split of the timeline occured when Link and Ganondorf fought each other at Ganon's Tower at the climax of the game, and Ganondorf wins. That battle was the only time Ganondorf had the chance to gain the full Triforce in OoT.

Are you sure that the Dark Mirror and Mirror of Twilight are the same? There is no evidence that at all. Mirror of Twilight is the portal to the Twilight Realm and the Dark Mirror creates the Shadow Links.

LnktheWolf said they were the same, I just responded to him that if they are (which I belive is possible but can't be said for sure) this would dispove the official timeline.

That doesn't prove that FSA Link is the same Link from FS. There's a flaw in that arguement based on your timeline. LA is a sequel to ALttP, which makes sense as it was released after ALttP. The manual and backstory suggested it was the same Link from ALttP. Yet your timeline said it was the OoX Link and ALttP is the adult timeline. That itself is retcon, as you made ALttP Link and LA Link into two different characters as opposed to being the same. If you can retcon the Links, so can Nintendo.
What I'm saying is that if a simple retcon made by Nintendo can fix the confusion of the Links in FS/FSA, you cannot argue that FS Link and FSA Link are the same because the manuals to those games are slightly retcon.

That's not a thread about my timeline but about how valid the so-called-officiel timeline is. ;D Although I disagree with the ALttP-LA-conection it's a generaly acepted fact and can be used as an argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom