• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Hyrule from other continents

Wazurau

Cacodemonic Sage
There are actually several Zelda games set outside the limits of Hyrule. Link's Awakening is set on an island across the ocean, the Oracle games take place in two different kingdoms outside of Hyrule (and even have Ganon's minions actively plotting within them), while Majora's Mask and Phantom Hourglass both take place in realms outside of the one Hyrule's in. Spirit Tracks takes place in "New Hyrule" which is a continent discovered post-The Wind Waker. Even Ordon Village from Twilight Princess is stated to be outside of Hyrule's borders, though it's still treated as within its territory; in all likelihood many of the locations we've visited are not technically strictly within Hyrule but simply neighboring lands it has influence over. I'd bet the Gerudo Desert is one such area.

In terms of actually traveling to an entire other land along with Hyrule in the same game, it would require either an extremely massive game as big or bigger than Breath of the Wild, or only a relatively small amount of map space dedicated to each of the kingdoms.

As I said above, no, many games have taken place in other lands entirely, or simply feature areas (like Ordon) outside of Hyrule's border. =P

boi, Link's Awakening takes place in a dream

Wazurau

Cacodemonic Sage
I woouldn't have thought that Holodrum and Labrynna are parallels as we see even zelda being able to traverse to those realms.
Minish world is a world within a world.
Koholint was a dream and in a way so was ocean kings world.

with the right tools though i'm assuming anyone could get into them

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
with the right tools though i'm assuming anyone could get into them

Not really difficult to do, Triforce is able to move people vast distances to labrynna and holodrum, but you could just journey there case in point we see impa at both lands.

Minish world only the minish can enter.
Koholint seems to be an accidental type of thing and ocean king requires cursed vessal

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I think Holodrum and Labrynna are just different nations. Link sails away from them at the end of OoX, and more than just Zelda were able to get there.
Twinrova traveled to that continent, and even the soul of Ganon showed up.

here is a complete list of the other lands and realms now established in the canon outside of Hyrule:

Other Kingdoms:
Lorule
The Sky
Hytopia
Sacred Realm
New Hyrule (in the land of the Spirits of Good)

Parallel Worlds:
The Dark World
The Twilight Realm
Holodrum
Labrynna
The Minish World
Koholint Island
Termina
World of the Ocean King
The Sacred Realm and the Dark World are literally one and the same; it takes different form depending on the person whose wish the Triforce grants. It is also not another kingdom; it's a parallel world.

Holodrum and Labrynna are not, to the best of my knowledge, ever described as parallel worlds. The Triforce teleports Link to them, but that's about it; they're probably just other kingdoms in Hyrule's world. Also if The Sky counts you might as well count the Great Sea, since like the Sky it's just a place that's above Hyrule (and in the Great Sea's case, existed after Hyrule fell).

Good list otherwise though. I forgot about Hytopia too. xP

Minish world is a world within a world.
Koholint was a dream and in a way so was ocean kings world.
I believe he's referring to the world the Minish came from, not the small spaces they live in within Hyrule. To be fair the game and even Hyrule Historia as I recall are super sketchy about clarifying whether or not these are one and the same or different. But either way it's reasonable to include; the Minish might actually originally come from a parallel world.

Koholint was a dream but it was clearly a physical enough place to be a reasonable include. There is no confirmation that the World of the Ocean King is a dream though; it's simply a world attached to the Ocean King and that's it. Other than the obvious design similarities between the Ocean King and the Wind Fish, there's no reason to say it's the same.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I actually quite like them, but that's not the point of my post. I'm just saying that in the official canon, thats what it says about alternate worlds/realms
I don't have my Anouma quotes here, but I don't take the books to be canon personally. If nothing else it makes very little sense as is, and Dark Horse could've done better. But this is really a discussion for elsewhere that has been done to death elsewhere.
I think the page is very unclear. I looked it up, and while referring to Lorule as a kingdom, it also refers to it on the same page as an alternate reality. Therefore, the line between the two is really unclear. Mix that with how confusing of a decision some of those were, and it should really be taken with a grain of salt as to canonicity.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
that's fair. I think that it should have been a parallel realm as well because link has to go through portals to get there. I think it does a pretty good job of explaining the other lands though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom