• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyprocritical Against Children

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
The title is weird because I couldn't think of a better name.

As a 12-year-old on the internet, I have observed something: a lot of adults (Usually in their 20s) are very annoyed with anyone under the age of 15.

They have long discussions about how "Children now are annoying. All they like is CoD and GTA.". Now, I find this somewhat reasonable. In fact, part of me agrees with this. The part I don't like is how they generalize and act like all people 14- are like this.

And when someone my age comes along and says how they like Mario and Zelda?

"But the heck. Get out of here; go back to playing CoD and GTA"

Seriously, it's so annoying. You just said how you don't like us playing CoD and GTA, and then when we don't, we have to go back to doing it? What the heck?

Now, this does not apply to everyone. But there are people like this, and they just get on my nerves. What is your opinion on this?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I can't say I've come across this particular generalization, at least not in the way you present it. I've certainly seen the annoyance with kids who definitely are too young for the likes of CoD and GTA playing nothing but these kinds of games and their parents outrage of the existence of the games once they learn what they are really about, but I have yet to see someone reject someone below 15 for saying they like something other than these two things.

Hypocrisy in general is annoying, and sadly there's a lot of it going around directed at pretty much any little group of people out there, whether they are kids, teens, young adults, older adults and so forth. A parent buying the newest, violent game for their pre-teen kid can start berating the next customer for not "acting their age" if they happen to be buying something this parent deems as "kiddie". Girls having to prove their "nerd cred" to shop clerks to be "allowed" to buy the games they want. It's an attitude problem that we need to stand up against if we're to make the community more friendly towards all of its members, regardless of age, gender and game preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom