• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Translation with Notes by Dampe

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Well, I was with Locke and doing business in the SHoutbox as usual, then we thought of translating some text via hylian to Japanese.

So he did a certain glitch and then provided the text and I translated.

The note on the wall on Dampe's hut is(This is my translation, and I am rusty):
Of the intention place Male conquest
The furnace place is precocious; to till the soil and harvest their goods, to excavate and giveaway.

Well that means he has a furnace and we know of his game, Digging up soft spots for rupees and heart pieces.

And Locke notice a peculiar note on the Table of Dampe via a glitch.

It reads(Again my translation):
By the Great Tablet, I have found a bizarre temple unexplained by science, in it, lies a great hand.

That only means two things:

Dampe has a Furnace where he can sharpen his shovel with certain materials he has found, but this is entirely useless since we know he has a furnace like pipe outside his hut

Dampe Knew of the Shadow Temple's Existence.
Why? He was a gravedigger, he knows the graveyard more than anyone, but the question is, does this mean he too is a Sheikah?
It could mean he is an ally of the Shiekah, or the supposed guard towards the Shadow Temple.
Another could mean he was a victim of the Shadow Temple's Madness (Which could explain his face) and that he guarded the Temple to prevent anyone from entering, and since he was the victim...he was probably tortured by Bongo Bongo, or certain Wallmasters and Floormasters.

What does it mean to protect something that should have been a secret to all? Guess Dampe is more than a person than we think he is.

Your thoughts on Locke's findings and My translation and theories?
(Note that my translation IS rusty. I haven't done this in a very very long time.)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Here's another wild speculative thought: Maybe he was a Sage, and Ganondorf's power that flowed from the temples killed him, so Link had to awaken Impa to replace him.

Naaaaah

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
There are many questions to be asked about Dampe's role.

How did he become the Gravedigger? Did a creature in the Shadow Temple disfigure him, making him choose the career of gravedigger and secret guard of the Shadow Temple, to keep people away?

Was he an ally of the Royal Family, using his gravedigger facade as a cover to guard the Temple?

Also, did Ganondorf kill him because he tried to protect the temple? Was he killed by the evil released from the Temple? Did he really just die to protect the Hookshot?

I have thousands of questions, and no answers.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Most answers are mere speculations, but it's plausible.

Umm.... He became a gravedigger....Yeah we don't know much of his past.
If he indeed was a victim of the Shadow Temple, then your second question making him a gravekeeper to keep things out. His face could be indeed disfigured. Yeah he is a guard, since he always watches the graveyard.

As to being an ally....It could be either a shiekah in disguise, a ally of the Shiekah or both. Maybe, but we don't have evidence.
I think he died to protect his keepsake, The Hookshot. And the only way to enter the Shadow temple is to play the song, the Nocturne of Shadows, or if Ganondorf can climb the cliff above the stone tablet. Or he didn't even entered the temple and let Bongo Bongo do the rest. The temple was already a warped even after Linked arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom