• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Hylian Shield

G

glaceer

is this shield in the game?
I seriously can't find it anywhere.....
started hero mode and hoping for it to show up this time :)
Anyone know where it's located?

Last edited by a moderator:
it's the Sacred Shield that is available in the bazaar after you fight the Imprisoned for the first time. You have to upgrade it so that it can become the Hylian shield we all know.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Once you do all runs of the Boss Challenge in Lanayru Desert, the Thunder Dragon awards you with the Hylian Shield.

[video=youtube;AHQ0F80kvlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHQ0F80kvlk[/video]

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh, on the topic of indestructible, I believe that it can take any amount of damage. I've yet to see a site say that it has any weaknesses besides being earned relatively late game. Absurdly durable indeed. I do not know if you have to get a certain time in each run, all that I know is that they all have to be beaten.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, on the topic of indestructible, I believe that it can take any amount of damage. I've yet to see a site say that it has any weaknesses besides being earned relatively late game. Absurdly durable indeed. I do not know if you have to get a certain time in each run, all that I know is that they all have to be beaten.

From what we've seen in the text dump and some other footage (mainly demo), the shield looks like it takes no damage, and the fact that it's taken from completing the daunting task of a boss run strengthens that idea even further. From this new bit of information, I'd say it's the only Hylian Shield in the game, which would definitely make it indestructible. The fact that it's also gotten late in the game (along with the boss run) makes it sound like we've reached the point where we've earned not having to worry about our shield's health bar. We've already ducked and weaved and had our shields broken (probably) many times, so it comes to the point where we finally get a breather from that because of the fact that we did all that stuff. So I'm pretty much certain it's completely indestructible.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I haven't played the game yet. Thus, we are left with two possibilities:
1. The Hylian Shield is the strongest and cannot be destroyed.
2. It's the strongest shield, but still can be destroyed. Beat the boss battle mode again to get a new one.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
Once you do all runs of the Boss Challenge in Lanayru Desert, the Thunder Dragon awards you with the Hylian Shield.

[video=youtube;AHQ0F80kvlk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHQ0F80kvlk[/video]
Can you only get it in hero Mode? Or can you get it in first quest too?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think it is claimable in 1st quest; no reason it SHOULDN'T be lol. Desilent was just showing his progress on Hero Mode, I know he has the game completely finished for first quest besides a couple sidequests I believe. So yes, I think the HS is obtainable in 1st quest but I do not know for sure as I've yet to play the tgame for myself or see anyone get it.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I think it is claimable in 1st quest; no reason it SHOULDN'T be lol. Desilent was just showing his progress on Hero Mode, I know he has the game completely finished for first quest besides a couple sidequests I believe. So yes, I think the HS is obtainable in 1st quest but I do not know for sure as I've yet to play the tgame for myself or see anyone get it.
K, Awesome! I wanted to know to go for it during my lets Play of it if It was there :)

G

glaceer

ahh okey thanks guys, there is no actual need for the hylian shield but it looks awesome =) never figured u'd get it from the thunder dragon haha ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's a great need for the Hylian Shield: looking complete and looking awesome! 'sides that, I personally don't see a need for any shield at all; dodging has always been available! :xd:

G

glaceer

yaaah i'm with you on that, doin anything for lookin' good ;-)

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
Wait, isn't the Hylian Shield supposed to be unbreakable? Or was that for demo purposes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom