• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Hylian Shield?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
In the trailer and gameplay we saw Link have the Hylian Shield.....How can he possibly have it if he lives in Skyloft, and as far as I know Skyloft is not Hyrule.

Do you think this is a mistake from Nintendo, adding an item that has no place were it came from or he somehow acquires it in Hyrule

Last edited:

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
There could always be a different name for the Hylian Shield, like in Ocarina of Time, a wooden shield was called the Deku Shield and in Twilight Princess, it was called the Wooden Shield.

Nintendo will probably make up a stupid name for the Hylian Shield, like Metal Shield or Sky Shield or something...

well the shield bears the Hylian crest on it. the game takes place long before ocarina, Even before the master sword was a legendary blade (and explains it's origins) and debatable whether the kingdom of Hyrule was even founded yet. Is it not also a huge hint that the game's official logo for the 1st time IS the symbol of Hyrule? I believe this is largely overlooked by alot of people here. The kingdoms origins will deffinitely play a big role in the storyline this time.

David

But you called me here...
I imagine that the Hylian shield was based off of the design (in timeline terms, not game design terms) of the Skyloft shield. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the Hylian shield is the shield that the Hylian knights before OoT used, so it probably has to do with Hyrule's origins.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yeah, thats something that has me confused, maybe thats the shield from Skyloft and he brings it down to Hyrule

I guess won't ever really know anything until we actually play the game. I'm just glad the shield controls aren't like they were in Twilight Princess. I hated having my shield being used for me. And the shield deflector was way too complicated. I always kept doing a spin attack :rollseyes:

Z

Zelda567

Same here.I got so frustrated when i wanted a shield attack but he used his spin attack.I hope the gameplay will be better on here.And maybe,since they said the Skyward Sword will become the Master Sword,maybe this could be when Link's gone to Hyrule and got the Hylian shield.Or has it been said that all the artwork that's been shown is only when Link's in Skyloft?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I think maybe you should look this up on the forum. It was already discussed, so that could help you... (I don't know if you can even search this forum... Other forums I use, people get flamed from bring stuff up that was already discussed)...I could be wrong here :P
The Demo we saw is just a sandbox world. Link's items are, of course, not all obtained in that one area. What I mean is that Link isn't going to have the all the items obtained at the beginning of the game... Aww. I can't explain it, but I think that it's just common sense after knowing it's a sandbox world and random things were thrown in there for the Demo.

I don't think the design on the shield signifies much. We do know skyward sword relates to the origins of Hyrule, so it is likely that the shield design would be passed down from generation to generation.

As for the demo we saw being a sandbox, that is indeed just as likely to include the shield. Maybe they have yet to design the SS Shield, maybe they have and they didn't want to spoil it. Maybe the actual shield has some significance to the story. We can only speculate.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I don't think the design on the shield signifies much. We do know skyward sword relates to the origins of Hyrule, so it is likely that the shield design would be passed down from generation to generation.

As for the demo we saw being a sandbox, that is indeed just as likely to include the shield. Maybe they have yet to design the SS Shield, maybe they have and they didn't want to spoil it. Maybe the actual shield has some significance to the story. We can only speculate.

No, we don't know if the game explains the origins of Hyrule. Actually, we should know it doesn't. It's the origins of the Master Sword (Wow, I'm not going to lie, that story sounds lame :( but I don't care for the story at all actually. I'm for game-play and non-linearity.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well, they don't explain why the Hylian Shield was in Malo's Mart in Twilight Princess. Maybe he buys it somewhere again, or he finds it in an early dungeon or someone gives it to him.

S

Supershadow125

They could have gotten the shield form a store and brought it over... and it's only a demo just like everyone says.

Z

zeldamaster17

Okay I have one single word: DUH. Okay, HOM has it right. But I don't think it is necessarily a JOINING of the two worlds. Probably more of a taking-from when Link went down there. He could symbolize the bird and triforce for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom