• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Shield and Red Loftwing

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
I think the red bird on the Hylian Shield is indeed a Crimson loftwing, but not Link's. It is stated that Crimson Loftwings are extremely rare making it a great symbol for something. The Crimson Loftwing is a beautiful bird that soars high over Skyloft, its elegance and beauty gives Hylia all the more reason to put a Crimson Loftwing on her shield. Gaepora stated something else too. He said that he said that some people thought that Crimson Loftwings were extinct. Because he said this, it's very possible that when Hylia was still around, the Crimson Loftwing is very common. If the Crimson Loftwing was common than why would Hylia, of all loftwings, pick the Crimson one? This can be answered simply, Crimson Loftwings might have been more common when Hylia was around, but they still might be not as common as the other loftwings.

You'd notice that all the symbols in Hyrule have the same design as the bird on the Hylian shield (e.g. Hyrule Royal Family crest). This could very well be a reference to Hylia as her symbol was actually the same as the Hyrule Royal Family crest. Which is why It would appear in the Temple of Time in SS.

Someone said "Also, I think that she created the Crimson Loftwing to help the Hero in his quest, so it's why it would appear on the shield and on the "statue" at the Temple of Time." Hylia probably used the Hylian shield in the war, and I doubt Hylia was actually thinking about her 'chosen hero' at that time. Hylia may have created the Crimson Loftwing to aid Link on his quest, but it would be illogical if she created the Hylian Shield after she created the Crimson Loftwing.

Hylia could've also made the shield specifically for Link, but, I doubt it. If that was true, than somethings I just said, would've been proven wrong.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I think the crimson Loftwing is like the toruk from James Cameron's Avatar. Rare, and a symbol of power.

F

Forgotten Hero

I believe it is. When you hear first of the Hylian Shield, it's called the "absurdly sturdy shield" by Gorko (Also by Lanayru but later) not the Hylian Shield. I think that Lanayru gave it to Link based upon what's inside Link's memory+ The Red Loftwing is (to me) a symbol of greatness, and the Triforce is on it too which also goes with Link's memories plus the future.

S

Shiekah student

HOW CAN IT BE THE LOFTWING THE SHIELD HAS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
HOW CAN IT BE THE LOFTWING THE SHIELD HAS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS

What evidence is there to suggest that the shield has been around for years prior to SS? also who is to say even if it did exist in prior years that loftwings didn't exist.

I believe it to be a crimson loftwing. Was it Link's? I don't know but I would like to think so.

It's called the "HYLIAN SHIELD" for a reason, but I think it could be that the hylian shield during the war did not have the bird symbol until the goddess brought loftwings into the world. The crimson loftwing was probably be connected to the chosen hero of the goddess, leading to the bird sybol being added onto the shield. ;)

There's no doubt about it and Nintendo presented it flawlessly. Everything in Skyward Sword opens your eyes to all the previous games.

I'm trying to understand what war you're talking about. If you mean the one with Hylia and Demise, then I understand, but there was no indication that the shield was used then. If you're talking about the Hyrule Unification War, then that's decades after Skyward Sword.
what I think he means is you retrieve the hylian shield in SS from the Dragon. He gave it to him in the future after you healed him, and did his boss battle quests. maybe it was your shield to begin with since you go back in time and kill Demise with it. its hard to explain, someone should try to sum it up for me lol

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
what I think he means is you retrieve the hylian shield in SS from the Dragon. He gave it to him in the future after you healed him, and did his boss battle quests. maybe it was your shield to begin with since you go back in time and kill Demise with it. its hard to explain, someone should try to sum it up for me lol

You definitely have something going on in here, if the hero before Link defeated Demise with that shield, it would make sense that t was given to the dragon for the next hero, although this kind of conflicts with my theory of Link being the original hero, it would also make the name have sense,Hylian shield

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom