• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Hylian Loach

H

hellfrozenova

am i the only one who has gotten the hylian loach when they were a child. because i remember after my second or third playthrough, i was used to fishing, and i got the hylian loach while i had the sinking lure, and got the gold scale?

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I don't understand anything you're saying. First off, do you mean from Zelda Ocarina of Time or Zelda Twilight Princess? But to be fair, this is in the Zelda Ocarina of Time section. Second you can't get the Gold Scale as a child. To be honest, I don't even think you can catch the Hylian Loach as a kid unless you hack the game? If you want me to believe otherwise, then please provide proof. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
And also: Isn't there only one kind of fish (just different sizes) in OoT? You can't change lures in OoT either...You must be thinking Twilight Princess. You are not alone when you say that you have caught it, many others have caught it as well. Ana "as a child", do you mean that you caught it when YOU were young?

The Silence

Silence will Fall
I assume when you say "am i the only one who has gotten the hylian loach when they were a child." you mean when you were a child as opposed to playing as young link in the game. To which I say, congratulations. I've done quite a few playthroughs of OoT and have yet to even see the Hylian Loach so it must be a real honour to catch one. :)

Oh, and Linky me, the Hylian Loach does exist in OoT. It only appears in the future and you have about a 1 in 4 chance of seeing it every time you enter the fishing pond. The sinking lure also exists. It appears in a random spot in the fishing pond after you catch a 10+ pound fish in the past, or a 15+ pound fish in the future. You can see more detailed info in ZD's OoT Fishing Pond Guide

H

hellfrozenova

to darkmaster: i am talking about oot. no i did not hack the game, unless you call getting the sinking lure just by finding it, then yes. i really have no proof, or pictures to let me help believe me. all i can say was i was 8, and it took me a good 35 minutes to catch it, because it was 24 ****ing pounds.

to linkyme: definitely not twilight princess, because i am 20 now, and i caught it when i was 8.

to the silence: yeah, i definitely remember i was playing as a child in the game, cuz you didnt see the tights, and you couldnt hold the hylian shield. but yeah, i probably have done about 7 or 8 play throughs of oot, and i have caught it about 4 or 5 times now. but just to let you know, i probably did clock in about 30-40 hours of just fishing alone throughout all of my play throughs.

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
OMG SOMEONE ELSE WHO GOT IT AS A CHILD. Yes i did get it as a child. And no you don't need the sinking lure to get it as a child. it'd just a relly rare chance to catch it on a hook I guess.

ZeldaAllDay

Fierce Deity
No, you can find the sinking lure around the pond. And you can use the gold scale as a kid. The loach can only be caught as an adult though.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Let me clear a few things up:

1. You can, in Ocarina of Time, catch the Hylian Loach as young Link or Adult Link.
2. The Sinking Lure can be found in both time period and when you find it you automatically change lures.
3. The Golden Scale can only be legitimately obtained as Adult Link but if you go Back in Time Young Link can use it.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
if you're in the fishing pool around sunrise, don't Loaches feed on the service? something splashes around at that time

Let me clear a few things up:

1. You can, in Ocarina of Time, catch the Hylian Loach as young Link or Adult Link.
2. The Sinking Lure can be found in both time period and when you find it you automatically change lures.
3. The Golden Scale can only be legitimately obtained as Adult Link but if you go Back in Time Young Link can use it.

For some reason as a kid after catching a large fish (+7 pounds) and jump in the water and swim to the man holding z you will get the golden scale when talking to him. I then found the sinking lure too. This is not meant to happen and I would love to see what fault in code is letting this happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom