• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hylian Alphabet

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Yo, guys! I was browsing Zelda wiki (looking at Impaz in the hidden village) and it said that on the top of the sign leading to the hidden village it says in Hylian "Old Kakarico" (Translation error). I then went and googled the hylian alphabet and I found this:Hylian Alphabet.jpgThis is the hylian alphabet from TP, but if you want to translate the words into New Hylian Syllabary (WW, PH, MC and LA), The japanese version, just translate the hylian syllables into japanese syllables (using this guide) The top line is how it is written normally, but if you want to write it in the style of TP, use the bottom line and write right to left.
I have had fun writing with this as I have written lots of things using it.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
LOL, I've practically remembered all the symbols off by heart! It's so cool!

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
I, too, have stumbled across this language a while back. So, obviously, I taught myself it. :D I have always wanted to learn New Hylian Syllabary also, but, unlike TP's alphabet, it translates to Japanese, not English.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
You know, there are even Hylian fonts you can actually download! I have Zelda 64 Hylian font, WW Hylian font, and the TP Hylian font you listed above all installed on my laptop, but there are also more! ^^

Give me a minute and I will find the link for you...

Yep, got it. Take a look here:

http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=fonts

What's interesting is that they look quite different from each other. Zelda 64's for example, is very cubic in comparison to TP's.
I guess that's just how the language evolved overtime~ ^^

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Yep. I don't know this one by heart simply because I don't think Zelda expands the history of it's races enough. That being said, I have a few Zelda fonts downloaded on my computer, as well as a few from the Stargate series (have a couple of those memorized) and a few from the Elder Scrolls series (and have a couple of those memorized) as well as dozens from other strange sources. Really fun to type English in random languages.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
. . . that's weird, i thought that Hylian writing changed in every game, . . . guess I was wrong

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
. . . that's weird, i thought that Hylian writing changed in every game, . . . guess I was wrong

If you go onto the Hylian Language page on Zelda Wiki, then it says all the alphabets and stuff in each of the games. Most of the early games just had random symbols, but then they developed a proper set for the future games.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
ah, ok, thanks, thought so, what's weird is that in "A Link To The Past" the Hylian language was like, a whole bunch of "W"s with dots placed here and there randomly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom