• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

HW Timeline Discussion

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I hate to be that guy but, "yes we all know HW isn't canon and it's more like an alternate reality pulling in elements from the canon universe, but can we derive some more definitive ties to the canon universe?"

There's much to be discussed regarding what's said while the warriors are visiting the three eras, but for now I'm going to get us started by noting that there are prominent upside-down Triforces in the Sanctums in Valley of Seers. Also Hilda.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Volga is obviously a reference to volvagia. I was kind of hoping for HW to be canon, set quite a while before OOT and for Volga to actually be volvagia, with us getting an explanation to the origins of the boss and for us to see the hero of the Gorons defeat him.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I hate to be that guy but, "yes we all know HW isn't canon and it's more like an alternate reality pulling in elements from the canon universe, but can we derive some more definitive ties to the canon universe?"

Here is one canon tie i did question
We can safely that the "actual canon game" events passed of the TP and OOT world.

But what about the SS world? We see Fi in her first sword form and in pedestal within the goddess statue. We see The Imprisoned as well. So does that mean the events of SS still have to come?

How's another alternate timeline added to a timeline based on alternate timelines going to change anything? Even if the other alternate timeline is non canon, it can be it's own separate alternate timeline.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I know the isn't officially canon but personally from my experience with the game, I feel like story-wise, the game was made to be canon as it does nod and reference towards things that do exist in the Zelda canon, not the three worlds through time of SS, OoT, and TP but elements that exist in the main game's world because of those games, like Demise's cursed cycle, the Gerudo desert from TP, a form of the Faron Woods that bears resemblances to the Faron Woods from SS, the Faron Woods from TP, the Lost Woods, and the Kokiri Forest from OoT. The is the Eldin Caves which bears elements from the Eldin Volcano from SS and the Dodongo's Cavern from OoT. And lastly, the Temple of the Sacred Sword is similar to the Temple of Time from OoT and the one from TP and Hyrule Castle is like an improved version of the one in TP in a way.

Also, the game does prove some of my theories I've had since 2011 to be true for a game that is unfortunately, not officially canon. If the game were to be counted in the timeline, I, personally would place the game after TP, reasons being, one, the game definitely would not be before OoT since it refers to OoT's era as something that is past, two, the way Ganon has evolved since OoT, Ganon started off much thinner and more human like in OoT, in TP, he more bulky and demonic, in HW, he's much more bigger, more bulky, more demonic, and closer to his returning to his true form as Demise, not to mention, he has the same head piece he wore TP, only upgraded to suit a more powerful improved look, and finally number three, just the everything is set up, Temple of the Sacred Sword serving as like the new Temple of Time at the time, Faron Woods is no longer south but instead, it's north of Hyrule Castle, Gerudo Desert is the same as in TP, and lastly, Hyrule Castle still remains in the center.

Anyways, this is just my theory and opinions.

josephwillis

TinyTactics
I've thought about the Hyrule Warriors timeline placement a lot. The way that I see it, it takes place at the end of the Child-Link timeline, after FourSword Adventures. My reasoning is that, well, first, it's the only timeline that consists of all three games referenced in Hyrule Warriors (Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess). Obviously, having all three universes is mandatory for the game placement. Now, there are two reasons that I believe that it takes place at the end of the timeline. First off, in every new area that the protagonists of Hyrule Warriors enter, they refer to its magnificence and the fact that they had heard of it before but never witnessed it. This is a sure pointer that those areas of the three games happened in the past. Finally, the reason that I believe that it takes place after FourSword Adventures is because of the FourSword itself. As we all know, in both FourSwords games, when the sword is drawn, the Hero's soul is split into four pieces, right? In Hyrule Warriors, Ganondorf's soul IS SPLIT INTO FOUR PIECES!!! :D :D :D See what I'm gettin' at? I propose that somewhere down the timeline, a different Link used the FourSword to completely seperate the parts of Ganondorf's soul so as to ensure that he is never brought back. (Obviously, it didn't work, but...) So, the theory isn't 100% solid and I'm sure somebody could throw somethin' in that would disrupt it, but this is what I believe. What do you all think?

VitaTempusN92

I've thought about the Hyrule Warriors timeline placement a lot. The way that I see it, it takes place at the end of the Child-Link timeline, after FourSword Adventures. My reasoning is that, well, first, it's the only timeline that consists of all three games referenced in Hyrule Warriors (Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess). Obviously, having all three universes is mandatory for the game placement. Now, there are two reasons that I believe that it takes place at the end of the timeline. First off, in every new area that the protagonists of Hyrule Warriors enter, they refer to its magnificence and the fact that they had heard of it before but never witnessed it. This is a sure pointer that those areas of the three games happened in the past. Finally, the reason that I believe that it takes place after FourSword Adventures is because of the FourSword itself. As we all know, in both FourSwords games, when the sword is drawn, the Hero's soul is split into four pieces, right? In Hyrule Warriors, Ganondorf's soul IS SPLIT INTO FOUR PIECES!!! :D :D :D See what I'm gettin' at? I propose that somewhere down the timeline, a different Link used the FourSword to completely seperate the parts of Ganondorf's soul so as to ensure that he is never brought back. (Obviously, it didn't work, but...) So, the theory isn't 100% solid and I'm sure somebody could throw somethin' in that would disrupt it, but this is what I believe. What do you all think?

Problems with this theory:

1) Ganon appeared in HW in his humanoid form not the pig form he had in FSA.

2) Same as the problem with MC and FS being in the Pre-Split timeline where they do NOT belong, and that is the logical idea that the Master Sword and the Four Sword are actually one and the same! Plus it is shown in HW that the Link that split Ganon's was clear enough to be wielding what was still the Master Sword at that time.

3) And finally, the game's world is closer to that of the identity of the Hyrule from TP. Biggest evidence being Hyrule Field and the Gerudo Desert.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Problems with this theory:

1) Ganon appeared in HW in his humanoid form not the pig form he had in FSA.

2) Same as the problem with MC and FS being in the Pre-Split timeline where they do NOT belong, and that is the logical idea that the Master Sword and the Four Sword are actually one and the same! Plus it is shown in HW that the Link that split Ganon's was clear enough to be wielding what was still the Master Sword at that time.

3) And finally, the game's world is closer to that of the identity of the Hyrule from TP. Biggest evidence being Hyrule Field and the Gerudo Desert.

1) Ganon appears in both forms in HW. He can appear how he wants.

2) The MS and FS are different. The FS was made by the minish and was first known as the picori blade. It exists before OOT but after SS and therefore is not the MS since the MS appears in both SS and OOT. It is clear that having the two blades be just different forms of each other is not what Nintendo intended.

3) That backs up the theory. Since TP would be a prequel if this theory were to be correct it would only make sense for a game following it to have as hyrule looking similar. FSA is not a 3d title so the way Hyrule looks in that game can't be compared to a 3d Hyrule.

VitaTempusN92

1) Ganon appears in both forms in HW. He can appear how he wants.

2) The MS and FS are different. The FS was made by the minish and was first known as the picori blade. It exists before OOT but after SS and therefore is not the MS since the MS appears in both SS and OOT. It is clear that having the two blades be just different forms of each other is not what Nintendo intended.

3) That backs up the theory. Since TP would be a prequel if this theory were to be correct it would only make sense for a game following it to have as hyrule looking similar. FSA is not a 3d title so the way Hyrule looks in that game can't be compared to a 3d Hyrule.

1) Yeah but it's more like in OoT and TP than in FSA.

2) No they are not, the Picori Blade and the Master Sword looked very alike. Coincidence? No, it's like that because they are supposed to be the same sword. Also, Master Sword or the Triforce do not exist in the FS trilogy namesake wise, The MS is forgotten by name and has donned the name "Picori Blade" because it was long protected by the picori until then passed down to Gustaf (the Hero of Men). Nobody knew what that sword was, what it's called, or where it was initially forged, all they knew is that it was ancient and had great power, so they dubbed it, the "Picori Blade" because it was a gift from the picori. Just because the sword was named the "Picori Blade", doesn't mean it was made by the picori. Sure, the picori may have tempered, empowered, and blessed the sword to it sacred and in good condition but they didn't make the sword itself, just like I don't believe the kokiri made the Kokiri Sword originally, and how the Goddess Sword wasn't made by the Goddess Hylia herself but actually the sages of her time. As for the MC and FS placements, as I said, assuming you didn't read the part of my previous post where I said "Same as the problem with MC and FS being in the Pre-Split timeline where they do NOT belong", this is exactly why I go by my own beliefs, is because of Nintendo's massive brainfart when they decided to place those games in the wrong place in the first place.

3) Actually it could if you thought of how that world would look in 3D.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
2) No they are not, the Picori Blade and the Master Sword looked very alike. Coincidence? No, it's like that because they are supposed to be the same sword. Also, Master Sword or the Triforce do not exist in the FS trilogy namesake wise, The MS is forgotten by name and has donned the name "Picori Blade" because it was long protected by the picori until then passed down to Gustaf (the Hero of Men). Nobody knew what that sword was, what it's called, or where it was initially forged, all they knew is that it was ancient and had great power, so they dubbed it, the "Picori Blade" because it was a gift from the picori. Just because the sword was named the "Picori Blade", doesn't mean it was made by the picori. Sure, the picori may have tempered, empowered, and blessed the sword to it sacred and in good condition but they didn't make the sword itself, just like I don't believe the kokiri made the Kokiri Sword originally, and how the Goddess Sword wasn't made by the Goddess Hylia herself but actually the sages of her time.

The Master Sword and Picori Blade are not the same sword. The forging of the Master Sword was shown in SS and the forging of the Four Sword was shown in the Minish Cap. How could the Master Sword be the same as the Picori Blade, when the Picori Blade very clearly changed into the Four Sword.

As for the MC and FS placements, as I said, assuming you didn't read the part of my previous post where I said "Same as the problem with MC and FS being in the Pre-Split timeline where they do NOT belong", this is exactly why I go by my own beliefs, is because of Nintendo's massive brainfart when they decided to place those games in the wrong place in the first place.

Sorry, but you can't just ignore which is undoubtedly canon just because it supports your argument. Nintendo has released an official timeline and that is what should be followed when proving and disproving theories.

VitaTempusN92

The FS blade and the MS do not look like each other at all.

I was talking about the Picori Blade before it became the Four Sword!

This is the Picori Blade:

tmc_story_05.png

This is the Master Sword:

albw_master_sword_by_blueamnesiac-d690pbz.png

They look alike to me.

The Master Sword and Picori Blade are not the same sword. The forging of the Master Sword was shown in SS and the forging of the Four Sword was shown in the Minish Cap. How could the Master Sword be the same as the Picori Blade, when the Picori Blade very clearly changed into the Four Sword.

Sorry, but you can't just ignore which is undoubtedly canon just because it supports your argument. Nintendo has released an official timeline and that is what should be followed when proving and disproving theories.

1) Yes they are! They have to be because as told in the games where the Master Sword exists in name, the sword is often spoken of as the ONLY sword that can seal Ganon and in FSA, we clearly see the Four Sword be used to do such thing as seal Ganon! Think about it, if Ganon was involved in FSA, why didn't Link just get the Master Sword like he always does and seal Ganon away with that instead of still using the Four Sword? Because first, the Master Sword doesn't even exist in that era namesake wise, second, the Four Sword IS the Master Sword at that time!

2) You see, that's exactly what I was talking about when I said that MC and FS don't belong in the Pre-Split Timeline! The ONLY reason they are in that timeline is mostly because of FS's map and MC's capless hero backstory that easily gets people to confuse MC as being a pre-split game, which thanks to SS, the whole capless hero thing being used an excuse to place MC as a pre-split game has been debunked, now it's just FS's map that is the problem.

3) This is why I both love and hate HH at the same time. I love how HH proves there is a timeline, there are things that the games actually do agree with that I approve, but I also hate how Nintendo continues with their massive brainfart when it came to the placements of MC and FS. You see, I go by what makes more sense and what the games tell me some mistakes by Nintendo, remember, actions speak louder than words, or in this case, games speak louder than books, games take more time than books sometimes. Also, I hate how HH seems to taken away our freedom of belief even though Nintendo never intended for that when they made the book, they simply just sharing their first big attempt at an official timeline. Even though Nintendo released HH, we still have our rights to believe what we want cause like I said, Nintendo never intended to take that away from us, that's what people who misunderstand HH's release don't get, it's even in HH and an old interview with Nintendo, saying they're not sure of things either, that they just as confused as we are.

Point is, I can believe what I want, I don't always have to follow what HH says like some strict religion or something. If I disagree with something that HH says, that's my own opinion.

VitaTempusN92

Sorry to say this but neither sword looks like each other. In the slightest.

Then you're obviously seeing things wrong cause they alike to me. Here's another comparison:

Picori Blade:

425px-The_Award_Ceremony_%28The_Minish_Cap%29.jpg

Master Sword:

mastersword.png

Picori Blade look 2:

Bound_Chest_War_4.png

tmcvsss.png

Master Sword look 2:

zelda-a-link-to-the-past.jpg

Also, here's a look at 4 Four Swords in ALttP GBA version:

FourSwordsComingTogether1.png

Plus the blades of the Master Sword, Picori Blade, and Four Sword look very similar, especially if they were in a realistic 3D environment.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
NO they really don't. Apart from the fact they are different swords we see the reforging of both of them at different points in time. I'd be more likely to believe the four sword was a precursor to the Goddess Sword. Because those two seem more similar than the FS and the MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom