• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hunger Games a Disappointment????

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Terrible, terrible movie. I could sit here and complain about everything I hate all night 'till dawn. I tried reading the book... back in middle school and I got to like page 20 before my attention span told me to go read the next Lord of the Rings. So here's this book that I found uninteresting and dry turned into a movie. Although I've talked to many people that read the book and a lot of them found this movie poorly adapted as well.

The first issue - and the biggest- about this movie is the Cinematography and the way the subject matter was handled. A movie in which a bunch of children go on and kill each other, and I use the term "children" as in "human" loosely since these kids were just boring maniquines waiting to be decapitated. So, in other words, an R rated theme made PG-13. WTF!? That's like taking Saw, or any gory movie, and removing the gore. What do you have then? NOTHING, there is a love story subplot but it's so idiotic thinking about it gives me a headache and then there is a plot about a dystopian society under some totalitarian rule from San Fran or something, huh? they got all these killer machine kids and they never rebelled, huh?

And going back to the cinematography - Shaky camera and parts were it looked like it was going out of focus, it looked disgusting I had to look away and listen to the uninteresting music that was playing, the soundtrack was not memorable whatsoever. This movie looked like it was made with an iPhone, I've seen YouTube videos with better camera work.

There's just so much wrong with this movie but I'll leave it at that...

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
The director did a sensational job of adapting the movie (with the help of Suzanne Collins, who was there to help). True, there were many moments excluded from the movie, but if you compare Percy Jackson and the Olympians and the Hunger Games, the Hunger Games did a much better job of adapting.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
I liked the fact that they made the movie-goers watch the movie as if they were a citizen in the Capital watching the games. I thought that was rather clever; but in doing so, they strip away some of the emotional attachment to the main characters themselves. I think what the directors went for instead of the emotional attachment, was the bloody and inhumane aspect of the games themselves.

There were little things that bothered me. Like the medicine sent for Katniss's injury on her leg? It was basically goo with glitter in it. Come on, really? That's a VERY minor detail, but it bugged the hell outta me.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I think that the Hungergames was a great movie. I saw it twice! If any of you have not seen it yet go right now. NOW I TELL YOU!!! Sure it left out some great moments from the book, but don't all movies do that?

I didn't like that they changed how she got the pin. That was a small detail they could of changed to actually fit the book. The wolf/dog creatures could of been better and actually look like the people but oh well nothing I can do about it now.

Garo

Boy Wonder
My god this film was dreadful. It overstayed its welcome by about an hour, and even the 90 minutes when I wasn't constantly checking my watch were pretty trite. The idea has been done numerous times, and the characters in this attempt weren't compelling enough to merit trying it again. The camerawork was inexplicable - maybe the cinematographer had just never heard of a SteadiCam or a tripod? And let's not even discuss the acting.

All that said, I didn't read the book, but after that, I don't think I will.

I forgot they left out the Avox. They showed the helicopter thing but they left our her finding the girl at the capital.

I never did read the books, but the movie was just......not that great. The whole idea has been done a lot before. With an arena where people are forced to kill each other they should not have toned it down to a childrens movie, was ridiculous. So much of the movie made absolutely no sense at all. Perhaps you can relate to it more if you have read the book but as someone who hasn't it was just a mehh movie filled with an outrageous amount of holes and bad choices.

I've read the books and loved them. I think the movie was pretty good, except for leaving a few things out and changing how she got the pin, I think they did a good job with it.

I thought the film was good but i havent read the book yet (cause i get annoyed when ave read the book and the film/tv show is different :P)

Although i haven't read the books i did watch the movie, i thought it was OK but not that good and is defiantly overrated in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom