• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Humor in Zelda

Gaming is serious business and therefore there should be no enjoyment in it :P Na humour is nice, in fact a little more would be nice in the games! SS is so far rather funny tho...aww Links face when he see Groose falling towards him xD

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
At the right moments, humour really adds to the experience of the game. It's good when it's not overdone and it just fits in nicely.
I like the quirky humour of some of the characters.

I've always liked how the Zelda games use the right amount of humor or how it does it at the right times.
You still take the game seriously, but you get a good laugh out of it here and there.

B

BobbilyWobbily

I personally think that a lot of the humour in zelda is to do with the often bizzare characters, and the voice samples they use with them.

I love humour in Zelda games. Especially with goofy characters such as Groose, he was funny a lot of the time. Even Fi was funny at times with the way she was so oblivious in certain situations.

initialDable

going deku
Heck, even a serious game like Majora's Mask was riddled with humor. I think Zelda games are already filled with so much humor. Just listen to the ridiculous sounds that some characters make. It's awesome! :lol:

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
I thought Agitha from TP was silly, but Gor Ebizo was kinda funny the way he acted in contrast to the other elders. Zant ws quite humorous when he tried hacking at me in the final phase of his battle. Maybe they should infuse more humor into the boss battles like in Zant's and Ook's.

I think that the amount of humor in the games is perfect right now. Not too much to get too cheesy but just enough to have a special sort of charm.

I think the current balance of humor and seriousness is perfect already. Hopefully Nintendo can continue to maintain that moving forward.

I honestly think there should be MORE humor, because it allows us to relate to the characters more. :) One part of humor that I really enjoyed from the game Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (not real great, I know) is when "Grandpa" asked Link to take out the Phantom Hourglass, and just as he was about to pull it out and do DA-DA-DA-DAAAAAAA~ he grabbed it from him and Link fell on his butt. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom