• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Humor in Zelda - tell us about a moment in a game that had you LOL hard.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
If you feel like it.

There's a lot of fun and quirky elements of Zelda that I think is one of the staples of the series and a big contributing factor to it's charm and character. From single NPC's (Purah and her anti-aging rune) to entire sidequests (Hey let's help that baby boy take advantage of Hyrule's free-form capitalism to extort huge loads of money from the local folks.)

SPLLLLLSCH

What are some moments in Zelda that has made you laugh?

This is an easy one, the first time Zelda ever made me laugh out loud was actually in BotW (it took the series 30 years to make me laugh).

Once you defeat Windblight Ganon, Revali's spirit shows up and says "Well, I'll be plucked".

I know it isn't that funny, but Zelda is such a safe series that to have a phrase like that sounding so close to the F-bomb took me by surprise. So i guess I laughed more at it even being a thing than being actually funny.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Going back to Ocarina of Time it was surprising how many of the jokes I missed when I was a child.

I laughed when I realised the man with the sack running around saying 'I'm late for a very important date' is actually a thief.

Also It made me laugh realising the readiness of characters to pin the blame on Ganondorf for everything even without good evidence. Of course he is behind the bad things but there isn't any reason for some characters to blame him so readily.

In Twilight Princess when King Bulbin looks at Barnes I loled when he lowers his welding mask out of fear.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
In Twilight Princess when King Bulbin looks at Barnes I loled when he lowers his welding mask out of fear.
yo I was gonna say the same thing

this one isn't so much the scene itself making me laugh as much as the environment did, I was w/ two friends and one of the was playing ocarina of time for the first time [the one that couldn't see the flippin ladder in the forest temple], and he barley made it out of kokiri forest and just got the fairy ocarina, and my other friend just had to point out this face that link makes
and he was just cracking up at the face here which in turn made us crack up, "dis sammich" headass
I didn't think much of it on my own until that happened, now this face kinda gets to me too

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh in PH when you talk to Astrid and have several options to choose an aswer from. I chose the wrong answer at every question and I think it had to do with saving Tetra and then Link could choose from saving her and not saving her and I chose the latter. Then she tells you to leave and Link turned around and walked through the door. You can't actually leave because Linebeck prevends it and you have to do it again till you give the right answer. But I lol'd so loud after watching that scene!

TP: When you're using the Lantarn in Barnes shop and he warns you and then he slams his fist and you get soaked. I kept on doing this so many times in a row.

In WW (that game has many lol moments) when you play Salvatore's Canon minigame and the noises he makes: Kaboom! Splet splet splet Kaboom! Even my sister keeps on saying that and she isn't a fan of Zelda at all.

BotW: When that guy in Gerudo (kara Kara Bazaar) is flirting heavily with female dressed Link and Link shakes his head and is like "Oh boy"

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Do youtubers count? Cause if so, PBG makes me laugh all the time. Playing Smash Bros. with my bros results in a lot of awesome moments that I laugh at, and they sometimes have to do with Zelda characters.

But as for the main series...........I've got nothing.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Lighting the lantern in Barne's shop still cracks me up. Perfect deadpan.

And yeah, came here for dancing Darunia.

Sploosh sploosh KABOOM also made me lose it. What is it about hilarious sound effects?

Guild Wars 2 has an "avaiator's box" gag item which makes your character stick their arms out and make airplane noises as they run around. I LOL'd for like 15 minutes straight.

I liked a lot of parts in Link's Awakening, like when Marin falls on you (and the resulting picture), when the photographer falls off the bridge, and when you actually get Marin and hold her aloft in triumph, and the game makes a joke about how maybe this is your chance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom