• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Huge Lasting Effect?

Does anyone else here agree with me that MM has a huge lasting effect? By that I mean, it's the game that I think about the most, even months after playing it. The story and setting just stick with me more than any other Zelda game. It is far from my favourite, but I have to admit, it does stand out nonetheless. Anyone agree?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I do really like Majora's Mask, but it didn't leave that big of an impression on me. At least, not as much as the others. Skyward Sword and Spirit Tracks left bigger impressions on me. Especially Spirit Tracks; it's my favorite Zelda game. Both it and Skyward Sword had incredibly enjoyable stories for me. They stand out the most for me. Though I do agree with you that Majora's Mask sticks out.

Majora@/ Mask fan have a lasting effect on a person if they found it an extraordinary work of art. Not everyone will. To ask "am I the only one..." Is to ask "am I the only human on earth" and the answer is always "no -/ there are many like you, they may just not have reared their heads yet" someway rest assured that you will find peace of mind soon.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I guess this is more of a preference thing; I don't think we could in anyway justify which game is the most memorable, or as you phrased it, long lasting.

In my eyes it all depends on a few factors: enjoyment, sentimental value, and just generally how good the game was. Although I do feel sentimental value plays the biggest role out of the three. For example, me -- even though Twilight Princess wasn't my first actual game in the series, it was the first (so called) big title that I played. I loved it... every second, and for that reason it will always be the most memorable to me. Don't get me wrong it wasn't just sentimental value that made it memorable; I think the story and overall epic presentation made the game stand out enough on its own.

Last edited:

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
What left a lasting impression on me were all of the individual stories of the other characters that you encounter. Some were really really moving and I couldn't help but feel for those characters. The creep factor didn't hurt to keep it in my head for a while.

I suppose it all depends on what sticks with you.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Depends on what you like in the Zelda games. I couldn't agree with you more though. But I do think it kind of depends on what you prefer in games and how old you are. Usually people like the one they played first the most, just because of nostalgic reasons.

The+Definitive+Zelda+Argument.+The+Definitive+Zelda+Argument_efae87_5021295.jpg

This image sums it up for me :P

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I definitely think MM is one of the games that leaves more of an impression than others because it is so obviously different from other Zelda games and leaves you with so many things to think about. On the other hand though, a lot of people would say the same for TP even though I can't personally see it.

Majora's Mask is my favourite Zelda title of all time. For me it has the best atmosphere in a Zelda game. Nearly all of the characters are depressed because of the situation the land Termina is currently in and everybody seems to have his own problems. The side quest system was really great and the different locations burned into my mind forever. There is way more to say about it but I will keep myself short. Even after 14 years since the release I regularly play through the game. Almost everyday I think about a part from the game because I confront similiar situations in my daily life. This and more things make me wanna play the game again and again. For me it has the biggest lasting effect of all the Zelda titles.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I do really like Majora's mask, it had a great back story, it was a unique game, and it was just fun. In my eyes that makes it stand out, yet really it just comes down to personal attachment, like character interactions I think the better a game pulls that off, the more long lasting it becomes. Games like MM, OoT, Tp, and skyward sword seemed to pull that off. That's why they are more commonly named.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I guess at the point in my life when I first played MM, it left me thinking about it long and hard even when I beat it and hadn't played it for months. It is a personal thing, like what everyone has said. There's just something about the story and the characters and the dialogue that get to the core of my feelings and thoughts. For example, the dialogue from the children you have to play with the receive the Fierce Diety mask. Statements like, "Your friends...what kind of people are they?", just get inside my head and make me question my own life. Or the line said after you get the Fierce Diety mask about good guys vs. bad guys. I guess what made me really interested in that line was a theory I read online about how Link is more of a bad guy in MM than Skull Kid or Majora itself because he basically took on the forms of these dead creatures; the Deku Butler's son, Darmani, and Mikau, and pretended to be them, therefore making it harder for the ones close to them to mourn over their loved one. I never really thought of it that way, but it was interesting.

I guess that's why I think about MM all the time. I relate to it a lot, in some ways. Also, another thing is I see a part of myself in all the characters. I feel a lot of loneliness like Skull Kid and will do anything to have a friend, but I can be like Tatl and be really sassy. XD And sometimes I feel like Link. I feel like I have to save everyone and tend to everyone's wishes and needs. So, yeah, MM really hits close to home for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom