• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hug a Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Knowing about povery and disease in third world countries makes you appreciate having food on the dinner table, clean water to shower in, and WAY TOO MANY clothes to wear. Hearing about the recent disastor in Japan makes you start to feel grateful for your life and safety.

Today, reading Kenji's blog, a first person relay of his experience with the tsunami, makes me myself realize why I'm one of the lucky ones. Sometimes, those other "lucky ones" like me don't always feel so lucky. Let me rattle off a short list of why, at times when we think we have the worst of luck, well... We're totally wrong. These aren't just the classic "food, water, life," either. They're just simple things that we need to be grateful for every day.

1) Sports. I don't know if you read one of my recent blogs, but I've had soccer taken away from me this season, and possibly basketball next season, as well. These things are beyond my control, and it upsets me to no end. See, I love basketball and soccer more than any normal person does. Not being able to play on a team is terrible for me. But I can still play with friends. I can go outside, whenever I please, and just play! Kids in America need to be grateful for the opportunity just to get fresh air. Need I remind everyone of the radiation leaks?

2) Pets, and puppehs. To most people, pets are best friends you can't live without. They listen to you, and never spill your secrets. o_O They're also there to comfort you when you cry. What about other people eho don't have pets to comfort them? Or even a family to comfort them, for that matter? This is why we should be so thankful for our pets, while others have no one at all.

3) TV, internet, the works. Imagine being through a natural disastor and barely escaping with your life. You'd be pretty shaken. Now imagine not being able to find your parents, your husband/wife, your kids. Not being able to call them. Just wondering if they're even alive. With America's advancements in technology, I don't have to worry about that. But some people actually do.

This is sad to think about, and scary. What's even scarier is that fact that people take these things, and SO MANY OTHERS, for granted on a daily basis. Most Americans are so far ahead of people in poor countries it's not even fair.

I'm posting this because I want everyone to stop and think about what's important in their lives. You don't have to tell about it here, but if you want to, more power to ya. Just take some time to think about it. And be grateful. Hug your parents. Thank a friend. Give your teacher an apple. Do something to show others you appreciate them. You have no idea how much it means.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The most important in life for me is my family, friends, friends from ZD, my grandparents from Mexico, and other prized possesions I have when I was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom