• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How Zelda II Could Split the Timeline Again for Future Games

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
AoL's backstory is clear as day.If Ganon's Minions Got to Link and drained him of his blood,Ganon WOULD Be revived,causing a new split(Link is defeated and Ganon is revived).What do you think?Do you think that AoL is the last game in it's respective timeline?Do you think if Ganon's minons got to Link that another split would occur?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
It is fairly possible. One timeline of Link not dying, and one where he does die and Ganon is revived. However, that is a "what if" scenario. In my opinion, timelines cannot be made using "what if" situations.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I think the only thing I have against this idea (much like ST splitting 3 ways depending on what you want Link to choose near the end of the game), is that the only reason OoT works this way is because of the predominant feature of the game. It's all to do with time and the consequences that surround it, which we already know split the timeline at least once. The other Links don't fall under the Time role, so their journeys wouldn't have that splitting effect.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the only thing I have against this idea (much like ST splitting 3 ways depending on what you want Link to choose near the end of the game), is that the only reason OoT works this way is because of the predominant feature of the game. It's all to do with time and the consequences that surround it, which we already know split the timeline at least once. The other Links don't fall under the Time role, so their journeys wouldn't have that splitting effect.
But the 'Link Defeated' split didn't have anything to do with time either - it simply represents the possibility that Link fails in his final battle with Ganondorf. If Nintendo wants to go this route, there might as well be an infinite number of "timelines" splitting off with the assumption that any given event happened differently. Their solution may have provided some 'answers' for now, but they've made the timeline a whole lot more complicated going forward.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I think AoL should be the last game in its respective timeline but now that Nintendo has brought in the concept of "Link Dying", there could be timeline splits from every game. I'm honestly a little ticked off about the whole idea of "Link Dying". It seems like a wimpy way for Nintendo to deal with the timeline situation but I guess I'll have to deal with it. So Link kills off Ganons minions preventing them from reviving Ganon. I think at this point in the timeline it would be wise to create another villain rather than killing Link off. Knowing Nintendo, though, they could do anything. The split is possible but I think it would be slightly unoriginal.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
But the 'Link Defeated' split didn't have anything to do with time either - it simply represents the possibility that Link fails in his final battle with Ganondorf. If Nintendo wants to go this route, there might as well be an infinite number of "timelines" splitting off with the assumption that any given event happened differently. Their solution may have provided some 'answers' for now, but they've made the timeline a whole lot more complicated going forward.

Death itself being a consequence of time shenanigans is better than 'every death every Link could ever face will lead to a million new games being created'. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, and while yes it would have been better if that line wasn't drawn after the occurrence of a death (though certainly at the most monumental time for it), fact is that's where the one line was drawn. A million other lines would just make the timeline nothing more than a giant headache for all involved.

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
I think AoL should be the last game in its respective timeline but now that Nintendo has brought in the concept of "Link Dying", there could be timeline splits from every game. I'm honestly a little ticked off about the whole idea of "Link Dying". It seems like a wimpy way for Nintendo to deal with the timeline situation but I guess I'll have to deal with it. So Link kills off Ganons minions preventing them from reviving Ganon. I think at this point in the timeline it would be wise to create another villain rather than killing Link off. Knowing Nintendo, though, they could do anything. The split is possible but I think it would be slightly unoriginal.
But this Link's death WILL Be important,as it revives Ganon.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yes, there is potential for games to fit in there, and yes, there would be a split... see below...

-------------------Ganon is revived------------ (future games)-----
-------------------/
----------------AOl Link wins----------- (future games)---------

Oh, and fused_shadows, the official timeline uses a "what if" scenario, see the thirs split that is causing much contraversy..

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Sure, of course it is. It's possible with any of the games for there to be another timeline if Link were to be defeated. But I don't see it happening. They only did what they did because they felt it was the most efficient way to avoid having contradictions in an official timeline (although it quite honestly wasn't the most efficient way). Doing this thing yet again would be even more redundant than what they've already done with this new split. It's just not necessary and I don't see it happening.

They only did what they did because they felt it was the most efficient way to avoid having contradictions in an official timeline (although it quite honestly wasn't the most efficient way)

The most efficient way would have been not to release the timeline at all... and then if a new game seemed like it couldn't fit , they'd let us deal with it. :dry:

I'm not sure if AoL bad ending would lead to a new Zelda game. Seems like Hyrule is already in chaos and decline by Ganon's minions alone. Having Ganon revived would just spell total doom to the land of Hyrule forever (unless Impa or Zelda have another card up their sleeve).

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
But this Link's death WILL Be important,as it revives Ganon.

Yes, I'm aware that if Link were to die it would be very important. It's almost the only way Ganon can come back into the series now. I'm just saying I think it would be unoriginal simply because the amount of Ganons in the series. That's why I said another villain in the series would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom