• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic How You Would Change Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Yes, I know that Ocarina of Time and Majora's is perfect in EVERY way. But whats a couple of things you would do to either games to make them more hard, or complex, or easy?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Make more dungeon's in MM.

Although the dungeon's were slightly complex I felt the overall story line was too short I beat MM in one sitting Just focused on the storyline. so yeah more dungeons.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
My opinion is that, they could have made a dungeon on the Moon that then lead to Majoras Mask instead of finding each child and giving each Mask.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I wished they changed the fact that even when you have the magic arrow out, it consumes magic. Shouldn’t it only take away magic after firing the arrow?
In MM, they should have improved the graphics. It was only a slight change, and it was barely unnoticeable.
There should have been more dungeons in MM.
In OoT, Ganon’s Tower should have been a huge final dungeon, not a mere mini-dungeon. There should have also been a Moon dungeon in MM.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Each of these two games is perfect in its own way, though there are some changes I would've added...

In Ocarina of Time, I would have made Ganon' Tower an inmense dungeon, which would test your skills to the maximum point, with some medium enemies and hard/crazy puzzles, along with Ganondorf and/or Ganon being much harder.
Oh, I would have also change the 100 gold Skulltulas reward, as the prize you get for them isn't worth the hard work of getting a hundred Skulltula tokens.

In Majora Mask, I would've added more dungeons, including one inside the Moon, which would test your skills with all the masks (that is, instead of doing that with the Stone Tower Temple).

Nothing more :) .

Twilight

Storming Twilight
I would make these games more... Realistic. I know that this doesnt have anything to do with Zelda, but... here it goes.

1. I would let Link eat and drink stuffs. He could buy, sell or find foods to eat, and he must eat food to recover hearts. And if he wasn't full, he would slowly lose his health until he finds something to eat. :devil:

2. I would make Link use a toilet. I mean, it were seven years since he didnt go to the bathroom! :yes:

3. And, I would let Link interact with the peoples. When he found a girl he could date, he could give her gifts, hug her, stuff like this. :lol:

Are my ideas great, or lame?

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Twilight, your suggestions would make Zelda an RPG rather than an Adventure game :)

Ocarina of Time was pretty good in basically everything. I don't have any complaints really. If I could change something though, it would be how to get the fourth bottle. It isn't exactly hard to do, more annoying. For this reason, I don't ever get the fourth bottle unless I'm going for 100%

Majora's Mask was also a very well done game. The only thing I can even think of that might have to be changed is being allowed to get the Fierce Deity's mask before you kill Majora for the first time. It makes the fight seem broken, especially if you've fought Majora without it before and you know how epic of a fight it can be.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Honestly, I don't think OoT and MM should be changed at all. Just kidding... here's what I think.

Majora's Mask needed more dungeons, period. I mean that four dungeons was sufficient, and the design and overall quality was magnificent. But I have to complain that Nintendo could've put more dungeons than they did in Majora's Mask. Just a thought. :) I thought the sidequests and masks were fantastic, though. It really distracted you from the fact that the game only had four dungeons.

As for Ocarina of Time, my only complaint would be that the first three dungeons were pretty pathetic. It didn't hook you quickly enough, which I think is the reason why some idiots in our world don't like OoT.

P.S. Sorry, The Dabombster Factor... I know this post was a bit short.

Kybyrian

Majora's Mask was a very good game, and what it lacked in the main part of it it obviously made up for in sidequests, but that doesn't mean that there is no room for improvement. There is always room for improvement. It would have been nice to have a few more dungeons in the game, seeing as how there were so few. They were all very good dungeons, but I would still prefer to have seen more. You can go through a long and exciting game whilst playing some long and exciting sidequests. If they had this combination then I feel the game would have been absolutely superb. That's just about the only thing that I can think of improving on Majora's Mask, but I'm sure there could be a few other minor changes.

As for Ocarina of Time, I can also think of a couple things that could be done in that game. The characters really seemed more like placeholders in that game. It's not nearly as bad as some of the other Zelda games have been, but it wasn't really the best. There were a few characters here and there that were considered minor but played their own good part, but it could have used more of them. Some of the smaller characters you see around the towns and wherever else could have been improved on. The characters in Zora's Domain really could have used improvement. Very few of them actually had much significance, but there were also very few of them. With few of them, though, certainly they could have done a little something to make them a bit more interesting.
Another thing that could have been improved on in Ocarina of Time is the number and length of sidequests. Trading sequences are good and all, but a sidequest just as long as one of those and some other things to add in would have been great. An awesome balance of sidequests and emphasis on the main story of the game is what would be a nearly perfect game in my eyes. If it would have been more like Majora's Mask with the sidequests, it would have been so much better. The same can be said about Majora's Mask. It would have been better if Majora's Mask had been better in the main story part of the game. They are like two puzzle pieces. Both are related to each other and the parts of each game fill in what was lacking in the other. There's the alternate worlds for ya.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
I would make these games more... Realistic. I know that this doesnt have anything to do with Zelda, but... here it goes.

1. I would let Link eat and drink stuffs. He could buy, sell or find foods to eat, and he must eat food to recover hearts. And if he wasn't full, he would slowly lose his health until he finds something to eat. :devil:

2. I would make Link use a toilet. I mean, it were seven years since he didnt go to the bathroom! :yes:

3. And, I would let Link interact with the peoples. When he found a girl he could date, he could give her gifts, hug her, stuff like this. :lol:

Are my ideas great, or lame?

Your ideas are pretty good. But think? Would that make the game better if everytime he was hungry, we'd have to leave a temple and get him food? I think it's better the way it is. But good suggestions! Keep that in mind. :nod:

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
Put more dungeons in Majora's Mask. For OoT, I can't really think of much. I guess make some of the dungeons longer and harder (Fire Temple being an example).

P

PurpleLopez

I have the Gold Cartridge Ocarina of Time for N64 and I would Like that i would be able to skip the long chat.
Also, Whenever it asks me a Question (like Would you Like to teleport to....) and i Push B it goes there wich i dislike.
Thats About it.

The number one thing I would change in Ocarina of Time is the size of the world. I am aware of the limitations of the time and they overworld couldn't get much bigger, but now that they're remaking the game, I would expect to see some improvements in the world. If Ocarina of Time had the amount of content that Majora's Mask did than the world size wouldn't be a problem, but there really aren't any sidequests in Ocarina of Time that are worth anything. The gold skulltullas don't give you a good reward for all the work you have done, the mask sidequest is useless, and the only good one is the trading sequence. You can beat Ocarina of Time very quickly due to the world size and lack of good sidequests.

In Majoa's Mask I think it could've used at least one more dungeon, but all the sidequests prevented this from happening. If Nintendo were to remake Majora's Mask I would not want anything that remove sidequests, however with today's technology, we could have another dungeon without risking the sidequests. In fact I think more sidequests would've done Majora's Mask some good as it would futher immerse you in the world of Termina. A complaint I hear often with Majora's Mask is that it's a bad game because of the time limit. Think about this, you can do anything with time, go into the future, go to the past and even slow it down. If you go back in time (which is what the game intends you to do) the game has no time limit. Often the people who don't like Majora's Mask are the people who haven't made it past the Deku Palace. While there's no doubt in my mind that all games need some improvement the Zelda games on the Nintendo 64 are games that would only need little tweaks because the is no arguing on how well they have been done.

Last edited:
I

Iron Knuckle

I'd make them 250x longer(The game was so great didn't want it to end!), more easy to figure out what to do and the combat harder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom