• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Would You Want a Game to Properly End?

Which ending is better?

• Frozen 'THE END' screen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loop back to the title screen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When playing a game after the mid-NES age, there was most likely an end to it. There are 2 common ones: freezing the game on the THE END screen and not letting you have some sort of way to prove that you beat it, or looping back to the start screen and let you keep your completed file to open up new features in the towns/plazas/dungeons and whatnot. Personally, I prefer the 1st choice because it challenges you to beat the game faster and complete all the sidequests.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've always preferred the second choice. I love wondering around and talking to people, seeing how they're enjoying the peace. Only the Oracle games have ever done this in the Zelda series, though... but I loved it. I spent at least another day playing after I beat it just to drop in and see how everyone was doing.

I might be alone in this, though.

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
I've always preferred the second choice. I love wondering around and talking to people, seeing how they're enjoying the peace. Only the Oracle games have ever done this in the Zelda series, though... but I loved it. I spent at least another day playing after I beat it just to drop in and see how everyone was doing.

I might be alone in this, though.
You aren't.
50 Characters 50 characters 50 characters 50 characters 50 characters

I like the second quest option. I too also like going around and seeing how things are affected afterwards. So either would be good.

And I just lost. D:

It always annoys me to no end when you're stuck with just a THE END screen with nowhere to go except to the power button. RPG's especially, because I don't get to keep all of the EXP I got from the last boss. It also kinda discourages me, because it makes me think that's truly the end, without any post-story side quests or extras. It might have been different back in the NES days, there probably wasn't much room to cram in extra stuff at the end. But now, I do like to have more to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom