• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Would You Rate Skyward Sword?

How would you rate Skyward Sword? (10 being best)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I'll give it a 9/10
Pros
Motion Controls were great
In my opinion, the best story in the Zelda series
Flying?! Thats so cool!
Enemies were alot smarter in this game
Favorite Antagonist- Ghirahim!!
A bit more comedy than most Zelda games
More depth to the NPC
Graphics were gorgeous
Hero Mode
Can give u a challange if you want one
Good sidequest

Cons
Not enough islands to explore
Not a huge overworld
limited Items in a pouch

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
9/10

Just an excellent game, on par with Oot and MM definately. Nice motion controls, great story, and long-lasting. Just excellent.

I said 8/10.
Graphics get an 8. It looked like TP and WW had a baby, which I was okay with, but they were a bit bright for me. I loved the intricate designs of certain parts though (each region was thoroughly thought through, and the enemies were creative). It was appealing to look at overall, but Twilight Princess remains my favorite.

Enemies a 6.5 0r 7. I didn't like how they all did the same damage: one heart, always one heart. They were also not very creative, way too many species of bokoblin for my liking. I did like how they often dropped treasures though. That was fun. Almost all the enemies, though, could be killed by my classic "hack and slash" technique that's not really a technique at all. I appreciated in TP how there was a variety of skills required, especially like Darknuts and using shield bash/helm splitter combo. You had to think, whereas in SS I didn't really.

Bosses get about a 7. Ghirahim was awesome, and the one that required the most skill and effort from me: plus he was HILARIOUS!! "It just fills my heart with rainbows!" "I am ANGRY! SO ANGRY!" Some of the other bosses, like Koloktos, were well-thought out also and required a lot of thought, time, and effort. Others still like Tentalus or Scaldera didn't present as much of a challenge. I loved the boss design, however. for all of them. I agree with whoever it was that said "They got harder until after Koloktos, when they got easier". Except Ghirahim II and III. The Imprisoned just annoyed me after a while...it was a nice added challenge when he got arms but when he could FLY, and had a tail? That was just too much. Plus it was really annoying just trying to get on his back, and my WiiMotionPlus didn't like to do vertical slashes.

Controls:
8. The different ways to use the bow, and the using the wii mote to swing the sword, was fun--but it didn't register my thrusts well, or my upward vertical slashes.

Dungeons: again 8. I loved the design but some of them were just too easy for my liking: Fire Sanctuary, Ancient Cistern. The design of those two was by far my favorite, though. I wish they;d gone on longer. The Sandship with all the timeshift stones was great. Lanayru Mining Facillilty I hated. Mostly because of Beamos. and the maze like quality to it. Skyview Temple and the first fire temple were just boring, in my opinion.

Many things were good and few things were bad. To be simple and short, what really brought me in was the gameplay, the freedom, the exploring, the quests, the surprises. What made me look the other way was the storyline (most of it was good but somethings did drive me off), and some of the bosses (some *including demise* didn't meet zelda standards for a good, hard boss fight).

I gave it a 9 just because it had the potential to be even better, but the only zelda game I have ever given a 10 is the original LoZ.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Dang... you guys sure are tough on this game. TEN! The only thing I didn't like was those arrogant dragons.Grrrr!

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I said 8. Here's why.

I think they should have made the regions connected on the surface. It was silly and impractical to have to go back up to the sky just to go from Faron Woods to Eldin Volcano, for example. I think it would have been great to be able to go from one to the other on the ground. It didn't really make sense to me how all the surface regions weren't connected.

Also, I wish they had made Link's Stamina gauge increase in endurance over time. Kind of how his life increases throughout the game. His stamina should have increased as well, as he grew stronger and better. That would have been a nice touch.

There's probably other stuff too that I can't think of right now.

I just got it yesterday, and so far i love it. The story is good and i love the wii motion plus feature to sword fighting, swingging and walking on ropes. I'm only in Foron woods and the only things i don't like so far is that it's so vast and I got lost easy, but maybe that's just me. i also don't like how far away the islands in the sky were from the main part of skyloft. i like the stamina meator to an extent. it did make walking alot faster. so i really like this game.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I give it a 9/10 because it was very well designed, and thought out. There were a few flaws with the graphics that in my personal opinion gives a 9 instead of a 10. Such as Fi's singing, it looks like she's doing the robot. There was also the ground where you get the boss key in the Ancient Cistern, it was supposed to be bones, it just wasn't very 'bone-like' to me.

S

Skyloft_Yoshi

10/10
I give The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword a 10/10 because it brought me to the world of The Legend of Zelda.
I've had a Wii since christmas 2010, but I only played games like Wii Sports Resort and Mario games, but when I heard in November last year that Skyward Sword was released to the Wii, I was very curious. I went to the store in January this year and looked at the game and thought "Should I buy it or not", but I saw that I would get a free CD with orchestrated music, I took the game and payed it at once. I went home that same day and started to play, and I was in love. The game was so beautiful, fun and a challenge, and I couldn't understand why I haven't discovered Zelda before.
So I give the game 10/10 because I have a special relationship to it, and because it's just amazing: the design, music, characters, dungeons, pretty much everything is good with Skyward Sword.
Now I also have Ocarina of Time 3D and I love it! (Still don't have Twilight Princess though..)
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom