• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Would You Rate Skyward Sword?

How would you rate Skyward Sword? (10 being best)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
10/10; as I've said before, it does have flaws. However, you cannot expect any game to be flawless. That being said, Skyward Sword truly felt like a prologue to me, it told the earliest story well. The gameplay is nothing short of breath-taking, the first few moments I played the game were truly jaw dropping, I remember being in awe. It took some time to get used to, but not much, before long, I had mastered the controls and they felt fluid, simple yet perfect. Graphics were just outrageous, my favorite of any Zelda title hands down. The way the game progressed, dungeons and storyline all felt great and were very interesting, I found myself playing a second game immediately after finishing my first. Skyward Sword was and is a masterpiece in my opinion, and nothing can change that.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Skyward Sword was awesome! I liked it better than almost all the Zelda games!
I liked almost everything about it, especially the bosses. They were cool.

I am truly surprised there is even a poll for this, I would think 10/10 would be universal. Skyward Sword changed not just entertainment media in general, but the entire world. It is a true work of art. If any of you voted less than 10/10 for it, SHAME ON YOU. SHAME.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Even though it's tied with TP as my favorite game, I can only give it a 9. Some things like lack of story and character as well as keeping TP's flaw of introducing every bloody treasure makes it imperfect.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I gave SS a 9. Here`s my reasoning...

The Good:
-1:1 controls were well executed for the most part
-Stamina meter, shield meter, and upgrade and pouch systems add depth and strategy to the game.
-Well-designed puzzles and dungeons
-Reasonable difficulty
-Great combat
-Silent Realms
-Great music
-Nice art style
-Good Bosses

The Bad:
-Too much filler
-Fi`s character
-The Sky feels empty and the overworld feels detached
-Stabbing motions are hard to pull off consistently
-Imprisoned Boss Fights feel like chores

8/10 and now somebody hates me.

I found it boring in a lot of places but it isn't the worst Zelda i've played. Far from it.

DarkestLink

Stabbing was an issue for me, particularly when I first started playing. But after my first playthough, I mastered it. The real issue is the spin attacks. Maybe they should add some sort of button to push that helps the game decide which way you're swinging.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
It was a good game, but not for everyone. There was to much emphasis on story and cutscenes for a casual gamer. On the opposite end of the spectrum, for more hardcore gamers like myself there were missed opportunities in the story. The motion controls were excellent, but it restricted some people with handicaps or those who just don't like motion controls from either beating it or even beginning to play it. The Hero Mode gave the game better replay value and greater difficulty, but after beating Hero Mode the first time I just can't seem to play it anymore. Nintendo did the best that they could with the graphics on the Wii, and the end result was a beautiful world, although some textures like Link's clothes seemed under-detailed. The Final boss was the best I've seen in a Zelda game since the N64 days and set up the cycle for the Hero, the Princess, and the Tyrant.
Overall, the game gets 8 Skyward Strikes out of 10.

DarkestLink

@Igos du Ikana

I disagree. I felt there was hardly any story focus compared to the previous titles such as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@Igos du Ikana

I disagree. I felt there was hardly any story focus compared to the previous titles such as Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Well, I'm not trying to change YOUR opinion or how YOU feel, but SS was very story oriented. Granted, there was a ton of padding, but the game always reminded you of the primary focus of the game: find and save Zelda. Maybe SS didn't tell the story as good as it should have, but it was there nonetheless!

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
@Igos du Ikana

It was more or less me saying that people who Mario or call of duty generally don't care about story in a game. It was horrid story telling compared games like Mass Effect or KOTOR, but it did better then some of the other Zelda's.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
@Igos du Ikana

Skyward Sword had a much more active plot, what with the multiple cutscenes, grander sense of character development, improved dialogue, and overall presentation value. It's the most story-focused Zelda game yet. Not that it wasn't still mostly gameplay-focused, of course.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
As a video game...
I don't really have any complaints about it in this realm. If you want to introduce someone who doesn't play Zelda to the series, this is the second best game to do so. (First place is tied with OoT and TP). There's really nothing too wrong with this game. In fact, as a video-game, it does way more things right than it does wrong. Incredibly rupee game.

As a Zelda game...
It's... meh. It's not a terrible Zelda game, nor is it fantastic. It brings a rather new experience to the series, but nothing bad. The lack of exploration and linearity brings it down in this area as well as the lack of difficulty. There's nothing to emphasizing that really makes this stand out as a Zelda game and I can say that I Personally wasn't too impressed, but I also wasn't too bored.

As a series game...
It sucks. This is perhaps one of the worst Zelda games that we've had in a while as far as going with its series. There's a bit more emphasis on SS considering A) its one of their main games and :cool: its a prequel to a series whose fans are glaring at their continuity. The continuity was starting to come together moreso with the other releases (even though it wasn't perfect nor anywhere near as good as it should've been) but SS pretty much rescrambled the works those games set out. Even still, even if the other Zelda games had no continuity fixing, that wouldn't make SS any better as a series game. It does not do its job as a prequel and therefore gets a failing grade here.

So looking at it in these regards, I'd give SS a 6. The series category really brings the score down because as previously mentioned, there was a bit of more reliance on SS than there was on other Zelda titles in regards to it being a series game. The game was hyped up to be a prequel and then didn't prequel (which I decided to use as a verb!) so there's more let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom