• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How would you make BotW2's world scary?

If BotW2's reveal trailer is anything to go by, the game is probably going to be a creepy affair. Or at least creepier than BotW was.

The trailer makes it seem as if we'll be revisiting the same Hyrule from BotW, which wasn't creepy or scary at all.

If we are revisiting BotW's Hyrule then what would you add or do to the overworld to make it creepier or scary to fit with the tone we saw in the reveal trailer for BotW2?

Would you add more caves and caverns?

Would you add some scary enemies and make the night last longer than the day?

Would you employ a new mechanic, like Link constantly being stalked by a powerful enemy as he explored Hyrule?

What would you do?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Definitely add all the creepy enemies from previous games that wasn't in BotW, like ReDeads. I think you could make the game 'scarier' by upping the difficulty, I guess, but I'd rather find a way to distribute more powerful enemies over the map. I mean, I **** my pants whenever I saw a Lynel, but those were so easy to spot. I would think it'd be a cool idea to have stronger enemies that sort of sneaks upon you.

What I don't want to see though, is them adding more enemies at night to make nighttime 'dangerous'. The stal enemies are annoying >_>

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Definitely add all the creepy enemies from previous games that wasn't in BotW, like ReDeads. I think you could make the game 'scarier' by upping the difficulty, I guess, but I'd rather find a way to distribute more powerful enemies over the map. I mean, I **** my pants whenever I saw a Lynel, but those were so easy to spot. I would think it'd be a cool idea to have stronger enemies that sort of sneaks upon you.

What I don't want to see though, is them adding more enemies at night to make nighttime 'dangerous'. The stal enemies are annoying >_>
I agree. I would love to see some of Zelda's creepiest enemies come back, maybe in some kind of underground dungeon like the underground area that Link and Zelda were exploring in the trailer.

And yeah, I would love to see the stal enemies go in the next game. I didn't like them in Ocarina and I don't like them in BotW, especially since you can't pass time at a campfire when they start attacking you.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I would have done a bit more with the blood moons and make them more frequent. Rather than just causing enemies to respawn, perhaps the moon could cause blemishes and deformities. Random twitching or enemies suddenly moving in a blur towards you. Additionally, make the scenes last for at least minutes vat a time, and don't let someone like Zelda interrupt them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom