• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How would you improve the stables in BotW2?

BotW2 is seemingly going to use the same world as the first game, at least in part.

We can then assume we'll be dealing with stables again in the sequel. Personally I think the stables were far from perfect in BotW and would have made some changes to make them better.

But if the sequel does indeed use the stables I'm going to want big changes as well as improvements to what we already have in BotW.

What would you like to see added and improved to the stables in BotW2?

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Let us keep more horses, and some of the other tamable animals too. I felt pretty disappointed when I tried stabling a deer but it wouldn't let me.

Coincidentally, last night I had a dream that I was playing BotW and there was a sidequest I started at a Stable that involved finding and taming a Crimson Loftwing... idk why.

I had np with the stables itself. The horse system is one where I wish you could tame more difficult ones regardless of coat pattern by location and to sell and sidequest away the ones that can't keep up, or that you aren't getting along with because you hafta really earn and work the trust of horses farther in.

Like maybe set up a horse dealer who has specific requests. Like an elderly couple is looking for a gentle, well-trained horse to teach their grandkids to ride and your first horse is just the thing, or a knight needs a fierce but steady fighting horse to take with them into battle, or someone needs a good jumper, or a strong horse to pull their wagon full of goods and you'll get a good or rare item to help you on your journey.

That could be neat. Hyrule runs on half a bartering system anyway.

They were a little weird setup wise. Maybe have an actual stable and separate sections for sleeping, and purchasing goods rather than lumping them all in one room.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
This is less specific to the stables and more for the horse system in general, but I wish there were some way to upgrade a horse to improve them. I quickly get personally attached to a horse, and I just hate having one for a while when I know there is probably a stronger one somewhere. And I think Nintendo somewhat intended the horse to be something you have a connection to based on the horse god who can revive your dead horses (it is infinitely easier to get a new horse that is just as good if not better).

More specifically to the stables themselves, every single stable should have a person to customize the horse. I get that the southern areas only claim to fame is that it’s the horse area, but it seemed unnecessary that you can’t customize it at every stable. They also should have stables in towns, or at least some method of taking/boarding your horse.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
As others have said before me:

Let us board anything we can ride, for a fee (good to have rupee sinks)

Better or more reliable permanent shops

Customize your horse anywhere

Customize your non-horses for a fee (maybe even only at one specialized later-game stable)

Upgrade or improve your horses strength, stamina, speed, health, attack damage, etc. similar to armor. I want to be able to trample high level enemies and do more than a sliver, please! Proper war horses and mounted combat!

Make each stable have at least one unique design element or attraction beyond "this is a stable with standard stable things". In BotW they are all basically copy-pastes of one another.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
What if there was a horse show at the stables, where you would take your trusty steed and judges would decide which horse is the best, by care, bond, strength, and speed. I think that would be cool :)
Yes! Go even further beyond the current race minigames and have us have our horses judged by stats and handling - maybe even an arena with combat challenges where you have to do mounted combat only to clear them!

Any of the above suggestions because I never even used the stables or rode horses.

There was too much stuff to climb & it was more convenient to teleport than to ride somewhere.

I ended up doing a bit for fun towards the end of the game but in terms of practicality, didn't mesh well with my playstyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom