• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How would you improve the stables in BotW2?

What if there was a horse show at the stables, where you would take your trusty steed and judges would decide which horse is the best, by care, bond, strength, and speed. I think that would be cool :)
I so would get disqualified from that competition and thrown out.
They would complain, "but that's not a horse".
"Sure it is, you didn't specify that the horse had to be living. My skeleton steed has rights you know!"

Archer

Whatever
I like the idea of customizing horses and seeing/possibly visiting boarded horses. Also I know this probably won’t work in a stable, but I had the idea recently of horse racing. I missed that since the N64 days

Keep more horses and a more robust training feature, better customization, allow for monstrous mounts (why TF does KILTON not have a stable!?), horses can be called from anywhere (within reason) and not with some stupid armor that obliterates all the personality your horse has.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Maybe have each horse start out with poor movement and reaction times while in combat, so you have to pay a fee to a trainer in the stable to improve its abilities while fighting.

The stables could have a minigame where you wash your horse, feed your horse, or brush your horse to bond with them.

Like someone else said, I wouldn't mind having a restaurant where pre-cooked meals could be purchased if you didn't feel like cooking or searching for ingredients.

Also, it would be nice if they felt a bit more active or lively like the Market in SS did.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
There are three things I would love to see in stables:
  • Storeroom: Allows the player to store their weapons, armour, provisions etc. (Especially if the player is really close to the item limit in their inventory and they want to keep collecting items)
  • Blacksmith/Bowyer: Allows the player to purchase new weapons and shields, can also for a fee repair damaged or broken weapons and shields
  • Canteen: Allows the player to purchase pre-made meals and elixirs, (If a player is low on provisions)

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
There are three things I would love to see in stables:
  • Storeroom: Allows the player to store their weapons, armour, provisions etc. (Especially if the player is really close to the item limit in their inventory and they want to keep collecting items)
  • Blacksmith/Bowyer: Allows the player to purchase new weapons and shields, can also for a fee repair damaged or broken weapons and shields
  • Canteen: Allows the player to purchase pre-made meals and elixirs, (If a player is low on provisions)
Those are fantastic! Maybe the Blacksmith/Bowyer could be found in towns though since towns have so little already.

My biggest complaint about the stables was that I couldn't register more than 5 horses.
During the The Royal White Stallion quest,I needed to register the white horse when I already had 5 horses.
My horses were all 5 stars(best stat) so I ended up freeing one.
So... Yeah,I wish in Botw 2,I can register 5- 10 horses.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Those are fantastic! Maybe the Blacksmith/Bowyer could be found in towns though since towns have so little already.
I think they should be in both locations, mainly so players do not have to run the risk of having the embarrassing realization of forgetting something critical before continuing on their quest.

The Bread Pirate

I think they should be in both locations, mainly so players do not have to run the risk of having the embarrassing realization of forgetting something critical before continuing on their quest.
That's a good point! But if you always know what to expect in each stable/town, then there isn't a sense of the unknown. In other words, it would make things predictable! And exploration is boring when it's predictable.

My biggest complaint about the stables was that I couldn't register more than 5 horses.
During the The Royal White Stallion quest,I needed to register the white horse when I already had 5 horses.
My horses were all 5 stars(best stat) so I ended up freeing one.
So... Yeah,I wish in Botw 2,I can register 5- 10 horses.

Why did you have five horses? At best, you need three imho, one of each speed, and then the Giant Horse, and the Royal White Stallion. And even that's pushing it, since once you have a 4 star speed horse it's all you need to get around. You can sell one of the worse horses off to a NPC in the Gerudo Canyon if you have too many...

The Bread Pirate

Why did you have five horses? At best, you need three imho, one of each speed, and then the Giant Horse, and the Royal White Stallion. And even that's pushing it, since once you have a 4 star speed horse it's all you need to get around. You can sell one of the worse horses off to a NPC in the Gerudo Canyon if you have too many...
It is fun to collect horses of different colors though! That could be a good excuse for more horses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom