• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros How Would You Feel if the Fighters Pass was all Third Party Characters?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.
When Joker was revealed as the first character for The Fighters Pass at The Game Awards last year, Reggie said to expect more surprises.

Nintendo has tapped out most of their first party catalogue for Smash already. We'll likely get an Arms rep in the next Smash, Rex and Pyra also seem possible, as do some much requested characters eventually like Waluigi, Isaac, and Geno.

But that makes the first party characters who could be added to Smash fairly predictable. So I think Nintendo will turn to more recognizable but curveball third party picks for the rest of the Smash Ultimate DLC.

I personally would really enjoy this as it makes the excitement of new announcements even larger and also expands the roster and music to more franchises. Variety is the spice of life.

How would you feel about the fighters pass being composed of all third party characters?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'd rather that they include the new fighters right away, rather than filling the game with almost entirely old content and then charging for the new stuff later on, but I would much prefer to see third party stuff added. I'm all for seeing characters like Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Sypha (of Castlevania fame) make appearances.

(And no, trophies still do not count.)

Quin

Disaster Master
^basically how I feel, all the first party characters I want never have a chance, not even Lip, and the two 3rd party characters I do want (DQ and MH rep) kinda do, so im up for it. After Ridley im already fine with the roster TBH.

I'm all for seeing characters like Shantae, Shovel Knight, and Sypha (of Castlevania fame) make appearances.
Would charactetrs that already have Spirits still be on the table to be new characters?

After Ridley im already fine with the roster TBH.
All the characters the fans begged for are in. Ridley and KRool. Sakurai listened. The only issue is now the fans believe more begging will get others they want in. Will not happen as these 5 were chosen by Nintendo.

How would you feel about the fighters pass being composed of all third party characters?
Fine by me. After 70+ characters, any more is just gravy and whoever Nintendo ahs chosen for this 5 is fine.

Personally I wanted Ryu Hayabusa in the game. Specifically the NES version. I think Koei Tecmo own the rights to that, as the NES games were made by Tecmo pre merger and the later games were published by Tecmo / Koei Tecmo.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Would charactetrs that already have Spirits still be on the table to be new characters?

I should hope, considering hardly anyone uses the spirits. No one uses them online and I've rarely seen them used in party matches.

All the characters the fans begged for are in. Ridley and KRool. Sakurai listened. The only issue is now the fans believe more begging will get others they want in. Will not happen as these 5 were chosen by Nintendo.

Fans have been asking for Waluigi for quite a long time. Still nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom