• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Would You Feel About DLC for a Zelda Game?

tumblr_lxtmawaEXd1r7uscfo1_500.jpg

I'm talking extended DLC for a Zelda game, like say maybe downloadable quests or areas that would take you to new maps? Highly doubtful Nintendo would do this, maybe along the lines of brandishing items with upgrades or maybe new costumes?
It would be cool to have an extension of an area. For example a huge game like Twilight Princess, the fun would be adding new characters that have quests for you to complete and get new items from. Maybe even have Link purchase real estate where he'd be able to stash bombs or other random items. This would be strange however seeing as how easy it is to get most items in a Zelda game, like if you run out of bombs there are bomb flowers around or you could just slice through grass and claim some booty.

I think it would be fun to see if Nintendo could handle something like this, especially since the Wii U will be branded with a highly supportive online structure (rumored). I myself would love to see some classic items in HD glory, depending on the style in which a future Zelda game would wear. It would also be cool for Nintendo to push it's limits with extension, of course again depending on the limitations of the console. I mean, replay value that could keep us busy while we wait for another Zelda game? It's something fun to look forward to while we can be trudging through challenging episodes to get new achievements to show off on the Nintendo Network.

What are some ideas you have for DLC?

No DLC for Zelda soon after release please. DLC should only be used to fill up large gaps between the release of subsequent installments. Overall, however, I don't understand how the concept could be well integrated into a franchise which recently has been leaning more and more towards a larger role for story. So yes, as an extension, DLC is acceptable but only to add sidequests or as you mentioned, costumes. Something I would be dying to see is multilayer specifically online in a future Zelda game and I wouldn't mind using DLC as a means of patching any problem with that in the future if they occur. If used wisely DLC can be a powerful tool and Nintendo has promised not to use new content as just a cash tool. Zelda fans need to open themselves more to change.

I already don't benefit from my psp and 3DS because i don't DL content for the games i have, sometimes i think im really missing out like Prologus Dissidia but i hate DLing things and really don't want to get hacked, i'm desperately clinging to nintendo in this gen because they haven't done the DLC thing and i'll be getting a WiiU for Zelda but to me gaming is dying the consoles are glorified PCs and i don't want to download extra content when i've shelled out so much for a game in the store. If nintendo start doing DLC especially for Zelda then i'll have to say goodbye.

I hate modern gaming because of DLC Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was rereleased with so much more content after a friend bought the game, Left4Dead2 is essentially all the DLC content for the first one on a disc of its own, and I'm sure F.E.A.R did the same. I really, really hope Nintendo don't leave anything out on the disc in the hope of making a little more money.

If it was done right...I might be down with DLC for the Legend of Zelda series. Haven't put much thought into it, but my general opinion of DLC, as long as it's not already on the disc and we have to pay to unlock it, is fine by me.

I already don't benefit from my psp and 3DS because i don't DL content for the games i have, sometimes i think im really missing out like Prologus Dissidia but i hate DLing things and really don't want to get hacked, i'm desperately clinging to nintendo in this gen because they haven't done the DLC thing and i'll be getting a WiiU for Zelda but to me gaming is dying the consoles are glorified PCs and i don't want to download extra content when i've shelled out so much for a game in the store. If nintendo start doing DLC especially for Zelda then i'll have to say goodbye.

I hate modern gaming because of DLC Marvel Vs Capcom 3 was rereleased with so much more content after a friend bought the game, Left4Dead2 is essentially all the DLC content for the first one on a disc of its own, and I'm sure F.E.A.R did the same. I really, really hope Nintendo don't leave anything out on the disc in the hope of making a little more money.
Please, like Nintendo would be so evil. Capcom only does this because they are purely money munchers. I think Nintendo is too family friendly to be hungry for extra cash and would not stoop so low as releasing "DLC" that unlocks stuff already on the disc.

AhyRi.gif

Leave it to Capcom to extended their already boring crappy titles.

Last edited:
This ain't call of duty, the adventure is over and it doesn't need to be milked any more... If it was free, maybe.

Now if they released "episodes" of a new top down game for $9.99 each and had three or four parts 10 to 15 hours each, and I could see that.

This ain't call of duty, the adventure is over and it doesn't need to be milked any more... If it was free, maybe.

Now if they released "episodes" of a new top down game for $9.99 each and had three or four parts 10 to 15 hours each, and I could see that.
Skyrim isn't Call of Duty either, don't be scared of change lol it won't be milked and if you don't have money it doesn't mean Nintendo is forcing you to pay for it.

I don't feel DLC is needed. Zelda is packed as it already is, why add more to it? ono
Because believe it or not since the idea of expansions arose some people get bored of games the way they are, now that Nintendo is entering the fray (possibly) with more online connectivity they are sure to adopt key functions that are relevent at the moment.
Adding more would bring more.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I really hope they don't go the way of Square Enix and force it down your throat, even after you buy it. I feel Nintendo could screw this up and go the Capcom way of unlocking stuff already on the disc, but that still very unlikely even if Nintendo was hurting for money. Again that's very unlikely, considering they make the most money out of almost all the companies out there. In the end, if it's optional content, or content removed from the game, I'll buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom