• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How would you feel about a Pokémon and Zelda crossover?

Pokémon and Zelda crossover?

• No

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, equal themes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, a few Pokémon themes but lots of Zelda themes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, a lot of Pokémon themes with a little Zelda mixed in

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
In my mind, a Pokémon and Zelda crossover would be where you would have animals, or maybe even Pokémon, and they would help you battle enemies from Hyrule. Link could have an animal/Pokémon companion, name them, pet them, and they follow you around. Just a Zelda game with slight Pokémon themes. I don’t want lots of themes from Pokémon, but subtle, soft themes would be nice, such as not Pokémon, but normal animals instead, so they would fit in the Hyrule world. Or, animals completely original to Zelda. What do you think of this?

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
imagine if there were clay pot pokémons and link just SMASHED them into pieces
oh boy

but yea while a crossover idea is kinda cool I don't really see the gameplays merging too well, they'd have to get pretty creative to come up with something that can please both fanbases

something like a dlc/easter egg in a zelda game with some area that has wild pokémon around would be kinda cute though but that's as far as I can see it going, a whole game sounds pretty tricky

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Both involves cutting of grass :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:. But no, fainting of zelda beasts would be hard to accept. I'm more inclined towards a Skyrim Zelda crossover

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Cool idea for a crossover, but I don’t think it would work. A fan game or something would be awesome though!

Pokemon and Zelda are not the most compatible series for a crossover outside of fan art, in my opinion. But if they were to cross-over in a game format, I would picture it how Hyrule Warriors worked, where the characters and setting translate over from Zelda, but the gameplay is Pokemon. Maybe some small mechanical changes to it to make it fit the world of Zelda better, though. There is also room to play around with the ideas of gyms as temples, I suppose. If the pokemon-esque monsters/animals that Link commands are based around his equipment, that could be an interesting way to combine gyms and temples as a thing.

If it happened, I would be curious about it, but I'm not sure if I would be for or against it. Would be really uncanny, regardless of its execution.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
They don't really fit together that well... Also, there's never really been a Pokémon crossover ever, just adaptations, as they seemingly don't want to mix Pokémon with any other franchise

Eeh. I'm personally not seeing how they, Nintendo, would be able to implement Pokémon into Zelda. With how in the Zelda franchise, enemies go "POOF" when they die, and in Pokémon opponents simply "faint". Another thing with Pokémon, I don't think each creature just up and dies on the spot.

So, personally, I don't see how a Zelda/Pokemon crossover could work. Unless Nintendo put Zelda themed clothing for the player character, the trainer, to wear.

I know some combinations seem bad but end up enjoyable, like a Zelda Musou game, but honestly I just don't see how the mechanics would gel. They're just too disparate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom