• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How would you expand/improve upon select areas of BotW's Hyrule for BotW2?

Aonuma has stated in interviews that he wanted to return to the Hyrule established in BotW1 for BotW2.

This means we'll probably see quite a lot of reused content for the sequel with some changes present.

If this does turn out to be the case then how would you improve certain areas of the overworld for the sequel?

For example, what would you add to Lake Hylia?

Would you add anything into the desert?

Would you expand villages and give them more to do?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I'd actually focus more on the characters, making them feel like real people, more side-quests and such.

Fleshing out already existing characters, even in video games, can make a world feel bigger, even if the world isn't physically bigger.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I would show the tentative return of Hyrule's denizens to the central part of the country. Unlike some fans, I don't like the idea of just jumping into a fully restored Hyrule with big towns and lots of people. The Hylian population was far too decimated for that, and I wouldn't exactly be eager to move into an area previously populated by killer octopus robots with laser turrets for heads.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I'm one of those people who are way into the idea of an earthquake transforming Hyrule completely. I'd love to see the Castle rising to cause rivers to fall into the hole it leaves, leaving Lake Hylia a dry mire. Holes to appear here and there and act as new enemy camps. The northwestern trench crack open completely, leaving a vast chasm to the underground for us to explore. And stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom