• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Would You Die?

arkvoodle

Diabolical
This is one of my Halloween themed threads. I don't know if i'll make a few more or...back to the question at hand.

Imagine the scene, you are Link. And you're on an adventure through Hyrule.
As we all know, it's almost impossible to avoid death in a playthrough of any Zelda Game, we all died at one point or another.

My question is, how would you die? What would kill you?

The things that would kill me are;

Tightrope walking (ST)
Gorons Rolling (TP)
Swimming underwater for a long time (TP and OoT)
Ganondorf (TP specifically)
most bosses (every Zelda Game)
Ordon Oxen (TP)
Excessively slippery floors (ST, PH)
Being stabbed. Alot (Various enemies throughout various games)
Being Crushed by rocks (WW)
Crushed by the moon (MM)

Those are just a few things. I'm sure there'd be alot of other causes.

But don't worry. No matter how many times you die, you'll always respawn...or will you? DUN DUN DUNNN

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The Powder Keg Test (MM) It would be a reenactment of Wile E Coyote .. oh so close, then BOOM!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Classic LoZ - Pissing off an Old Man. If you loose your cool and attack them for being unhelpful or annoying, they shoot magic fireballs at you.

Adventure of Link: - Falling into something - lava, bottomless drowning-pit of water - from having slipped in my jump between patches of land.

A Link to the Past: - Caught by one of the possessed castle guards - probably one of those guys with a crossbow - arrow to the heart.

Ocarina of Time: - Killed in the Water Temple by my Dark Side. I never had a problem defeating Dark Link in the game, but somehow, I could see it happening as a poetic thing to the "real Link me" - the whole philosophical/psychological angle of being overcome by my darker nature. I have to fight it every day, anyway and there are times when I've almost been overcome.

Majora's Mask- Moonfall. I have a problem being late for everything, you see. If I had a DEADline like in MM, I'd become DEAD. Death by deadlline.

Oracles: - That one dungeon where the room started closing in and you had to use a Pegasus Seed to get out quick? Even with the Pegasus Seed, I'd likely be too slow and get crushed.

Wind Waker: - Drowned in the ocean trying to get back to my talking boat - caught in an undertow. I can swim, but I grew up in a desert, so I've not much experience in ocean-swimming and the few times I've been I've learned that the sea is to be respected.

Twilight Princess - Today the Goron Elders mourn the loss of the Hero, Link, who slipped on a patch of dirt trying to jump over the magma that flows through our mines. Death was almost instantenous, and very painful by the scream that was heard. The boy just couldn't jump.

Either that, or I'd die as a wolf from sniffing around human settlements too closely - shot with an arrow by some guardian or hunter. (One of my best fanfics explores this scenario).

Or, if it counts - not a death, but... upon becoming Wolf Link, I could see myself totally abandoning the quest to go live in the twilit woods happily as a beast forever... since, most of the time, I don't really *enjoy* being a part of the human race. If I could transform and have all instincts of a beast and have the freedom of living as a beast, I'd probably take it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Adventure of Link: - Falling into something - lava, bottomless drowning-pit of water - from having slipped in my jump between patches of land.

Ocarina of Time: - Killed in the Water Temple by my Dark Side. I never had a problem defeating Dark Link in the game, but somehow, I could see it happening as a poetic thing to the "real Link me" - the whole philosophical/psychological angle of being overcome by my darker nature. I have to fight it every day, anyway and there are times when I've almost been overcome.

Oracles: - That one dungeon where the room started closing in and you had to use a Pegasus Seed to get out quick? Even with the Pegasus Seed, I'd likely be too slow and get crushed.

Either that, or I'd die as a wolf from sniffing around human settlements too closely - shot with an arrow by some guardian or hunter. (One of my best fanfics explores this scenario).

Or, if it counts - not a death, but... upon becoming Wolf Link, I could see myself totally abandoning the quest to go live in the twilit woods happily as a beast forever... since, most of the time, I don't really *enjoy* being a part of the human race. If I could transform and have all instincts of a beast and have the freedom of living as a beast, I'd probably take it.

I'll add all of the above to my list. Also, i'd love to live the life of an animal in the woods, though the others would probably abandon me and leave me to die. -._-.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I would probably die of exhaustion in every zelda game. Just imagine that you have to do a quest for days without sleeping and with no proper food other than magic potions, bee larvae (TP), soup (not that bad but as only food...) and water. All other respectable foods like cheese and pumpkins are stolen by over sized Yetis for more stupid soup -.-. If you keep that aspect of the adventure aside (and assume that you don't need food/sleep to survive) I'll be killed by a lot of other things.

In OoT/TP Goron hugs/rolling Gorons wouldn't help either. Even some iron boots won't save me from being crushed completely. In OoT my dark self will kill me, since I don't think I can kill myself even if that 'twin' is evil. I don't think the evil twin cares too much about keeping me alive. Another thing that will kill me in OoT is death mountain. Nobody can survive large boulders falling on their back, even if it is covered by a hylian shield. In TP the cannons will be deadly. I'm pretty sure nobody can survive a ride in the TP cannons, especially since there is no safe net to land on. There is no way to stop, there is no place to land other than a hard surface...it will not be a pretty sight.

Swimming in the ocean in WW will probably kill me. I will swim too far and can't swim back in time or I'll be eaten by one of those purple sharks. I'll also be too heavy for the deku leaf, what will end in instant death by falling from a great height while holding a small leaf :P.

In MM I'll be killed by the moon. Like Shadsie, if I had a deadline like in MM, I'd be dead. Or the way to the snowhead temple would kill me, since I'll roll of the edge of the mountain most of the times.

In MC, I would be killed by the cats as a minish. I can't resist to pet a cat and the cats in MC hate minish.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
3 minutes of playing AoL(because I fail)
Playing ALttP in general(because I fail)
Don't I just fail at video games?(Don't answer)
Anyways to a more serious note from that the Shadow Beasts at the Bridge of Eldin(TP) and getting impatient and killing myself(every Zelda game).

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
In the beginning of the game, I'd be a nervous wreck and be extra careful about everything I did. I'd make it through the first third of the game or so, grow more confident in my abilities...and then stop being so careful, and die a ridiculous death, like accidentally falling off a bridge. Because that's how it goes when I'm actually playing the game - I'll survive a miniboss because I'm paying attention and then get hit by the next chuchu I see.

Also anywhere involving heights, as I'd get dizzy. So:

- In OoT, jumping to break the web in the Great Deku Tree.
- If I survived that, several spots in the Fire Temple would do me in -
- And if I survived that, I'd definitely be decapitated by an invisible spinning blade in the Shadow Temple.
- In MM, rolling around as a Goron in Snowhead Temple.
- And if I made it that far, Ikana Canyon and the Stone Tower Temple.
- In TP, I may have issues with the tightrope pretty early in Hyrule Castle, unless my instincts were heightened by being a wolf.
- Pretending that I survived until then, I'd have issues with the clawshots in the City in the Sky (gliding, not quite so much.)

And in Skyward Sword...I'll be optimistic and say that growing up in the sky would have cured me of my phobia and/or vertigo. Otherwise, I'd never make it off Skyloft. Heh.

D

Donahue

I'd rather be crushed by the moon. That way if I ever reach the afterlife, I could be all "Heck yes, I got crushed by the freaking moon."

I'll just try and do a simple list with some explaining...

Legend of Zelda

- Every temple due to general failing, and even if I got past them, I'd die in Death Mountain because of the pure amount of pain that occurs in that temple, I've only actually gotten through to Ganon once...with about 3 quarters of a heart.
- Burning random tree's down, I'm pretty sure that doing so would cause the rest of the tree's in the general area to burn down, causing me to breath in a lot of Carbon Dioxide and possibly Carbon Monoxide, resulting in me passing out and dieing.
- Mage's and Dark Nut's would both kill me, but mainly the red Mage's (I can't remember what they are actually called).

Ocarina of Time

- Being crushed by the falling boulders on Death Mountain, no human body can physically absorb that without death.
- Spending too long inside of Death Mountain without the Goron Tunic, so I'd roast to death.
- Trying to lift up extremely heavy boulders, I'm sure at one point they'd end up breaking my back of crushing me by tipping back onto me.
- Drowning in the Water Temple because I'm not a humanoid fish.
- Burning to death in the Fire Temple because I'm not a humanoid rock.
- Falling into pits many times in areas such as the Shadow Temple.

I'll finish this list later...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom