• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Will You Play Through the Game and What Will You Name Link?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
As always, I will first just do a normal runthrough of the game, of which I'll probably naturally get 16 or 17 hearts, and I will name Link "Link". Then I'll play through the game again in another normal runthrough to see the game in a different way, and still name Link "Link" (I always do that). Then I'll go back and complete the first file I started (100% it), and after that, I'll do a third runthrough and 100% it throughout the adventure. That's just the habit I've created.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I will first name my character Link. Then (since I probably won't be able to put the game down) I'll kinda speed through it. What I mean is this: I'm not going to try to break records or anything, and I'll definitely take in all the sights. But I probably won't do any side quests or trading sequences the first time. I will also refuse to use walkthroughs (unless I get really, really, really stuck).

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
For the easy part, I will name Link, Link. How I usually play Zelda games I like to feel I’m watching a story, so I try to make Link, simply Link. I wouldn’t mind if Link had personality, because that’s actually how I imagine him, as not myself but another person. This may be different for everyone, but for me, he is not a vessel, he is Link. I actually try to keep things like this, even for naming Epona in Twilight Princess, unless I’m trying to be funny, I will always keep her as the name suggested.

As for how I play the game, I usually stick to the main story and ignore side quests. Yes, I know, who does that right? I’m usually just really excited to progress through the story as fast as I can to see what happens, and really love the main story. I wouldn’t want to waste my time on a side quest knowing other people are in danger! What ends up happening actually, is I’ll get stuck on a part, get frustrated and ignore that part of the game. During this time, I will explore the scenery, talk to tons of NPC’s and do side quests until I feel like getting back on track. This happened to me tons in Ocarina of Time, that was the only reason I got the Biggoron sword was because I was stuck in the Water Temple so I decided to go dink around in Hyrule.

ill be naming link my real name this time. i usually name him link but oh well.im gunna make this game last as long as i can and hopefully finish it by the end of the year i usually rush through zelda games and use a walkthrough about 6 times so i can finish the game fast but then i miss all the sidequests and the game isnt as fun the 2nd time around

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I'm gonna call link my real name, as my brother and I have will have a file each and I don't wanna get mixed up (because knowing me I probably would) Alas, he is not as much as a Zelda nut as me but he will still want to play it. I'm also gonna spend ages looking at all the sights as I think SS looks amazing! I'll also try to do all the upgrade stuff, but we'll use file 3 for a 100% run!

I

IlikeBacon

I always name Link...well...Link. My first playthrough will be a normal run I guess. I'll take it a bit slow and do lots of exploring. My 2nd file will be a 100% run.

R

RupeeInTheRough

I will call him Link, since i do that every time. I love to explore ever nook and cranny, 100%-ing the game before i go to the final boss, speak to everyone in the game 2-5 times on each encounter(they sometimes say different things), and learn every backstory i can. i love looking for references to other zelda games, so i'll be taking the scenic route through the game, and enjoying everything the designers took the time to incorporate.

I'll name him Link and play through the game rather slowly. I'll do a few sidequests here and there, but won't 100% the game the first time.

Ill call him link, and try to play as much as possible without walkthrough. I will talk to everyone and try to get every small story + enjoying the game fully, instead of sprinting through :p

T

TriforceOfPower

My characters name shall be........Link!!! For a 3 heart run im probably naming him Ganondorf.

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
I usually name him after me but I'll change this. I'll name him Link and play it rather slowly.I want to see every detail and hear every story. I'll get all major upgrades and most of the Heart pieces but not all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom