• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How will we see BotW2 next?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
There's already been speculations here and there when we will see BotW2 next. (Remember when half of youtube thought a lot about the Game Awards? Oh the days.)

But another question remains, the question of how.

Will it begin, or end, a Direct?
Will we get a teaser,
or a kind of big 'E3 blowout'?
Will Nintendo drop something cryptic on Twitter, like they did with The Champion's Ballad, like a short clip or a key visual?
Or something else entirely?

I'd like it to begin a Direct to let us know Nintendo are done with ****ing around.

After we get a recent length trailer we get some Info regarding release dates, major features and editions.

If these Mario rumours are true I won't expect to be seeing BotW2 any time soon.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I imagine we won't hear anything of BotW2 until 2021, maybe E3 that year. The revel trailer only told us it was in development. That's all. So they likely have nothing significant to actually show.
A direct could be a possibility too though those have been scarce so they may be doing away with those.

I'd imagine at the start/middle of the direct they show us some more footage (gameplay hopefully) and maybe reveal some new features.
I'm guessing it would drop sometime summer 2021, and possibly have a late 2021 early 2022 release. And like Spirit said, if the Mario giant collection rumors are true, they'll most likely focus on that for a while before getting to BotW 2. Then again I'm not complaining if we get all those Mario games.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I imagine we won't hear anything of BotW2 until 2021, maybe E3 that year. The revel trailer only told us it was in development. That's all. So they likely have nothing significant to actually show.
A direct could be a possibility too though those have been scarce so they may be doing away with those.

Considering that the game has been in development since at least the release of BotW, having nothing to show at this point would indicate some... really bad development practices.

From the land of midnight sun and aurora borealis
I think a BotW 2 will be darker version.
And I guess a lot will be in places we haven't seen before.
In Zelda, A link to the past we switched between the light and dark world. I don't think the sequel (if it's going to be that) will be similar. I guess we will be down under, in dark, dark places.
Maybe Ganon/Ganondorf will return in a new way?

In Zelda, A link to the past we switched between the light and dark world. I don't think the sequel (if it's going to be that) will be similar. I guess we will be down under, in dark, dark places.
Well if I remember correctly,the people at nintendo already said it was gonna be darker, but don't quote me on that. Given on the trailer we already pretty much confirmed Ganondorf to be that corpse that was shown so he will most likely come back. We've also established an at least somewhat darker tone. I'm thinking it'll take place in a post-apocalyptic hyrule, where Ganondorf has awakened and pretty much just obliterating everything. A constantly dark sky with no sun visible, monsters out for your blood roaming the lands, and survivor outposts with various quests to do and such. And in post game its a regular bright hyrule where you can repair villages and areas, do some DLC quests etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom